Obsidian working on a patch

btw, obsidian guys, was it that hard to say it?

We dont bite.

They've got pretty strict NDAs so they can't just freely tell stuff like that without first talking about it with Sega etc. etc....

Hate the living, love the dead.

Awesome news. Hopefully this'll clear up those few instances of actions leading to the wrong consequences (Embassy springs to mind)... and finally stop a certain someone hogging all the space on the boat. :)

Edited by Ulicus

Same here, no overtly noticeable bugs anyway.

I haven't noticed any bugs either, and no crashes - which is great. I don't even have to disable my anti-virus, unlike some other highly-praised games.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I've completed the game nearly two times now and I've not run into one single bug (at least I didn't recognize any) or crash.

What's needed is improved texture loading and a little AI tweak here and there.

I've completed the game nearly two times now and I've not run into one single bug (at least I didn't recognize any) or crash.

What's needed is improved texture loading and a little AI tweak here and there.

Out of curiosity, what platform are you playing on?

Because texture loading is one of the things that I think a lot of people cried about and I never had any problems with it on PC.

I'm curious about how much it's worse on PS3/XBOX360.

Because texture loading is one of the things that I think a lot of people cried about and I never had any problems with it on PC.

(old) PC for me. I experience texture loading with the models for armors in the clearing house and the inventory.

(old) PC for me. I experience texture loading with the models for armors in the clearing house and the inventory.

I do too, but not anymore than I did with Batman : Arkham Asylum and Mass Effect, actually often Alpha Protocol's texture load faster (this, even before I tweaked the .ini files).

Alpha Protocol is far from a marvelous piece of technical work, but I don't think they did too bad on that.. with the PC version at least, that's why I was asking.

Love Arkham Asylum, but I love Alpha Protocol just as much, and it has more replayability, so it gets the slight edge.

Okay, but I was talking about texture popups :sorcerer:

Don't despair Worst, I interpreted your words correctly. ;) Edited by Oner

I'm running it on PC, and I had texture popup issues happen once that was noticable...(during the entrance into the aircraft junkyard).. apart from that single instance... if it happened..it was so brief as to pass my attention...

Apart from that.. I think I had a case of disapearing enemies on reload about..three times over the course of 4 playthroughs.

Oh, and about half the time when I exited the game and closed it down.. I'd end up with the small popup in windows of "error in closing".. but since that didn't effect gameplay it was basically negligible...

So..mostly bug free for me.. at least for anything that interfered with my game play and enjoyment of the game..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

*Back after being held hostage in Italy by Italian doctors for almost two weeks after fracturing his ankle in three places and needing to have metal bars and screws put in to make sure it heals right*

Sad to hear the part about dlc, AP is one of the games I would actually consider buying dlc for (which is weird since I haven't bought any of the pay-for dlc for DA:O or ME2). Hopefully they might do some in the future, but it doesn't sound too good.

Patching, the game works well for me but anything that helps improve the game's functionality and shows that they are still working on it is good news in my book! :sorcerer:

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Believe me I was ready to give even sociopath Mike a run for his money when it first happened, lol. I'm considering getting the console version (360) just so I won't have to wait for a patch,

I've got the 360 version, and I'm waiting for a patch...

Checkpoints issue is just really annoying me and I'm not keen on going back to the game while I still get disappearing enemies and disappearing floating icon thingies. (Dunno what you call it, but sometimes the little golden picture above stuff you can interact with does not appear.)