Obsidian working on a patch

GameBanshee asked and that was ol' Feargus answer.

Also looks like we won't have DLCs, unless something changes.

Good news for people plagued by bugs I guess.

Hopefully they sneak a couple of graphic improvements too (though it's very very unlikely) or at least some optimization in.

While some very debated design choices certainly can't be changed, a couple of patches could improve the game A LOT in my opinion.

Same here, no overtly noticeable bugs anyway. Wouldn't mind if some of the gear wasn't so expensive. Poor Mike is always broke, heh.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Well, that's um... unexpected? I didn't expect this since it seems they're slaving over New Vegas.

I can't say I'm really in need of a patch or two, but this is good for those who are.

They still worked on NWN2 patches for a lot of time while working simultaneously on Aliens : Crucible (sadly canceled before we could see its gameplay) and Alpha Protocol, so I don't find it surprising.

Provided the publisher gives them the ok, Obsidian has always provided support for their games in my experience.

Well, that's um... unexpected? I didn't expect this since it seems they're slaving over New Vegas.

I can't say I'm really in need of a patch or two, but this is good for those who are.

They still worked on NWN2 patches for a lot of time while working simultaneously on Aliens : Crucible (sadly canceled before we could see its gameplay) and Alpha Protocol, so I don't find it surprising.

Provided the publisher gives them the ok, Obsidian has always provided support for their games in my experience.

I've always found community fixes to patch up any issues I've had.

I've always found community fixes to patch up any issues I've had.

Uhm, you're talking about AP or NWN2?

There's a lot of bugs! Not overly terrible but you know, i paused AP, went to eat dinner, came back and it was memory leaking as much as to giving me a BSOD. A patch is necessary. I don't mind the bugs, but there's a lot of them...

Now thats is what i wanted to see.

I dont expect anything super cool. like better AI

but some glitches and bugs really spoiling the experience for me.

So i decided to left the game alone until some patch.

Glad to see they are working on it.

btw, obsidian guys, was it that hard to say it?

We dont bite.

Oh, thank GOD.

I've almost had it with the DRM glitching out and thinking the game is deactivated, causing my main menu to start sounding like someone being used as a pinata/punching bag/stress relief ball.

Hopefully they'll address that in the patch. Reducing the stuttering in gameplay that Mike's movements cause would be nice as well.

There's a lot of bugs! Not overly terrible but you know, i paused AP, went to eat dinner, came back and it was memory leaking as much as to giving me a BSOD. A patch is necessary. I don't mind the bugs, but there's a lot of them...

BSOD's!

I haven't seen those since... well... I installed ME2 a month ago. :bat:

Anyway, patch is good. AP isn't as bugridden as some people try to make out, but fixes are nice. Especially surrounding the Embassy mission in Moscow...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

BSOD's!

I haven't seen those since... well... I installed ME2 a month ago. :bat:

Anyway, patch is good. AP isn't as bugridden as some people try to make out, but fixes are nice. Especially surrounding the Embassy mission in Moscow...

Ha, ME2 gave you a BSOD? That's amazing. Last one i got was with Deus Ex Invisible War. For some reason, my motherboard (yeah, my motherboard) hates some things. Like Daemon Tools or IW.

Ha, ME2 gave you a BSOD? That's amazing.

Yup, just before you can save for the first time. All the time.

So in order to know if I fixed it I had to play like 15 minutes each time (because, too, you couldn't skip the BIK movies)... it was a major pain.

Eventually I got it fixed, but I did so many tweaks before starting that ME2 session that I am still not sure what the fix was that did it.

ME1 was much cuter that way, it just gave random black screens. Although changing to a different driver fixed that, fortunately, so it wasn't that bad.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I've never gotten a crash from either the ME's or AP which is nice. In the ME's I would constantly run into that bug where you accidentally "step off" the geometry and then can't get back onto the walkable areas. There was an entire mini-mission in ME2 that I couldn't complete because of this bug. Annoying as hell.

I think it's native to the Unreal Engine as I hear it can happen in AP as well but luckily I've managed to avoid it.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I've never gotten a crash from either the ME's or AP which is nice. In the ME's I would constantly run into that bug where you accidentally "step off" the geometry and then can't get back onto the walkable areas. There was an entire mini-mission in ME2 that I couldn't complete because of this bug. Annoying as hell.

I think it's native to the Unreal Engine as I hear it can happen in AP as well but luckily I've managed to avoid it.

That never happened to me on ME1, ME2 or AP. But yeah, the Unreal Engine isn't without it's (many) flaws.

That never happened to me on ME1, ME2 or AP. But yeah, the Unreal Engine isn't without it's (many) flaws.

There is a ME2 bug where Shepard can get 'hooked' on the walls and gets lifted THROUGH THE CEILING. Interestingly enough, it only seemed to happen while I was wearing the Inferno armor.

There was always going to be a patch, good to see that it's 'confirmed' now.

DLC news might mean that sales weren't stellar...

As long as they have a fix for the Chateau misssion in Rome, I'll be happy...

What needs to be fixed there?

When trying to ID one of the guards outside the chateau the game completely freezes for some of us. You can zoom in/out and the scope's crosshairs stay locked on the target's head. Can't move away, can't shoot, etc. All it does is give you the guy's name and that's it. I believe Tigranes and another person is helping us get past that part in the PC Support forum.

When trying to ID one of the guards outside the chateau the game completely freezes for some of us. You can zoom in/out and the scope's crosshairs stay locked on the target's head. Can't move away, can't shoot, etc. All it does is give you the guy's name and that's it. I believe Tigranes and another person is helping us get past that part in the PC Support forum.

Oh, i'd be pissed if that happened to me :/

Oh, i'd be pissed if that happened to me :/

Believe me I was ready to give even sociopath Mike a run for his money when it first happened, lol. I'm considering getting the console version (360) just so I won't have to wait for a patch, but having a part-time 8.00/hr job limits my finances as I have to fix some things on my truck; transmission, hanging strap for gas tank, shocks, oil change, new gasket for oil pan, new spark plugs/distributor cap/rotor, etc.