Scarvet

So it is okay to kill Triad and Marfia, but not CIA or US Marine?

Just finished my game where I got Mina's rep to -10 thanks to killing all of the CIA, Embassy Guards and Taiwan police people and basically just being aggressive with her in virtually all conversations.

Was fun seeing difference between that and the normally nice Mina I've dealt with in the previous 3 playthroughs. Also made sense for when Thorton killed her and he states how he just wants her to be silent after having to put up with her in his earhole for most of the previous few missions :ermm:

@Zkylon please get my name right!!!!

Well it doesn't have to be logical simply because the whole concept of morality and good and bad aren't really based on logic, but are values lots of people share (mostly due to education) that in itself have no real meaning outside of human society and even sometimes vastly differ in different cultural ares. So changing those values based on ones own needs and wants, to make oneself feel better or superior, more in line with learned values is logical. The act itself of changing them in a certain way may not be, but the reason why someone would do it is.

I know, i'm not saying she's being illogical, i'm saying that answering lawbreakers with lawbreaking is. Mina being a human can just deny that what she's agreeing to is "wrong" (i do think killing people without a trial is wrong but if you disagree, let's just assume it is for argument's sake) and do it anyways. She sets the moral line at a certain point and says "it's cool to kill mafia but not to kill marines" and that's it. Like you say, the reason isn't illogical.

My illogical thing was just answering what some guy said about killing mafia scumbags or something :thumbsup:

The way I see it is the triads/mafia/Al Samad are enemy combatants and if they try to kill me and I kill them instead, then tough ****. The Marines and CIA personnel are doing their jobs and they ARE allies despite your rogue status. That said, I did start killing the soldiers when I infiltrated the Greybox because they were clearly enemies at that point. This may be a simplistic view, but since this is an espionage game and not a game revolving around Kantian ethics, I don't dwell on it too much.

The way I see it is the triads/mafia/Al Samad are enemy combatants and if they try to kill me and I kill them instead, then tough ****. The Marines and CIA personnel are doing their jobs and they ARE allies despite your rogue status. That said, I did start killing the soldiers when I infiltrated the Greybox because they were clearly enemies at that point. This may be a simplistic view, but since this is an espionage game and not a game revolving around Kantian ethics, I don't dwell on it too much.

Kantian ethics? Please not Kant. Give me Sartre!

I didn't do much of a moral analysis while i was playing either. When it was kill or be killed, i shot normal rounds. When i could help it, non-lethal.

Kantian ethics? Please not Kant. Give me Sartre!

I didn't do much of a moral analysis while i was playing either. When it was kill or be killed, i shot normal rounds. When i could help it, non-lethal.

I didn't mean to bring up Kant but I'd just gotten out of an argument over ethics with a pain in the *** relative. I'm what one would call a "modified egoist" in that I take care of myself and those close to me first. If I have the chance to help someone, I will, but me and mine come first.

This may be a simplistic view, but since this is an espionage game and not a game revolving around Kantian ethics, I don't dwell on it too much.

Well, you see, AP does a much better job at testifying player's ethics then many games that are set to for it: ME2(story wise), FO3( Main Quest), Fable 2(let's not talk about this one).

For all the people that you are asked to kill, some of them would bring you closer to the truth, while others simply do not deserve it. Although the Triad and Marfia are nobodies, but so are the CIA and US Marine.

I think Mina's narrow view some what damage AP's deliveries; but on the bright side, the players can make her hate you rather easy.