Games in this genre question :)

Hello! This is my first modern game I've played so far. I just finished it and must say it was pretty fun and a nice change from the star wars and fantasy games I've played in the past. It felt kinda like the Thief games in modern times which I loved. I have heard some people talking about other games in comparison to this one.. so I am curious if there are any that people would recommend based on me really enjoying AP?

Deus Ex. Beyond Good and Evil.

In the last five years? Not much. Possibly Assassin's Creed, though I don't rate the game. Depends on what part of AP you liked the most.

In the last five years? Not much. Possibly Assassin's Creed, though I don't rate the game. Depends on what part of AP you liked the most.

Oo I forgot about Deus Ex. That was almost 10 years ago wasn't it? I loved that game though! Still one of my favorites :) I'll look at Beyond good and evil.

Also, Thanks Unskilled! Splinter Cell is the one I keep hearing about here but I forgot the name :D

Splinter Cell games.

Spy Fiction ps2

Hitman games are awesome although you are not an spy only a silent assassin.

Edited by Alpha

Beyond Good and Evil is like Deus Ex and AP? Oh, i'm so buying it off GOG.

It really, really, really depends on -what- exactly you like about Alpha Protocol. I can't really say that any one single game is in the same genre, or the same style. The closest thing would probably be Deus Ex, which you should play regardless of what genres you're a fan of.

Deus Ex is amazing.

t50aJUd.jpg

It really, really, really depends on -what- exactly you like about Alpha Protocol. I can't really say that any one single game is in the same genre, or the same style. The closest thing would probably be Deus Ex, which you should play regardless of what genres you're a fan of.

Deus Ex is amazing.

I wholeheartly agree with this gentleman. Obey him.

Pretty much only Deus Ex (and it's mod The Nameless Mod).

Beyond Good & Evil is a platform game. I suppose with the stealth and photography and stuff (and bosses) it can somewhat resemble AP though.

Never gotten into the Splinter Cells and Metal Gear Solid. Which is why I am glad AP isn't pure stealth and offers alternatives, otherwise I would be royally screwed...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Well I liked the espionage storyline.. the way my character interacted with the story. ( I just wish there was a female option). I also really enjoyed the gameplay, the alternate methods of doing things. Violent or stealthy, or a mix.

Sorry if this is too obvious but if you liked the dialog and shooting but aren't too concerned about the stealth then you'd probably love the Mass Effect games. They are probably the most similar thing to AP in terms of how the game actually works, but they're all about fighting (which ME does

better) and talking, with the occasional mini-game for hacking and lockpicking. There's no stealth what-so-ever or gadgets, although you basically get magic powers instead. I'm sure you've heard of them so I'll just say one last thing and be done. Both Mass Effect games are much more linear and cinematic experiences, Alpha Protol on the other hand had less hollywood moments but the characters and the world were much more reactive to your actions.

Like a lot of other people I also think that

would be a good fit for you, it's not new but it's one of the all time classics that games are still being compared to to this day. It's a compelling conspiracy story set in the near future and has multiple ways of dealing with every mission, a lot of interesting gadgets, area-specific damage (so for example if you get shot in both legs you will be crawling until you heal them) ect. It will only cost you Edited by Serrano

The only actual espionage RPG that I can think of is No One Lives Forever 1 and 2.

These aren't RPG's, more shooters though.

I've only played the demo's of both games, really should try the full version.

Although I already know I am going to like NOLF1 more than NOLF2 (respawning enemies FTL. That tornado level in one demo sucked majorly too)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Well if you don't mind a bit of fantasy and don't necessarily need an espionage setting, you could always try Vampire Bloodlines. Modern setting, many interesting characters and dialouges (especially as Malkavian) and at least imo a very good assortment of interesting places and quests.

Edited by Laverre

The only actual espionage RPG that I can think of is No One Lives Forever 1 and 2.

These aren't RPG's, more shooters though.

I've only played the demo's of both games, really should try the full version.

Although I already know I am going to like NOLF1 more than NOLF2 (respawning enemies FTL. That tornado level in one demo sucked majorly too)

It has stat based real time combat that doesn't suck...

Well if you don't mind a bit of fantasy and don't necessarily need an espionage setting, you could always try Vampire Bloodlines. Modern setting, many interesting characters and dialouges (especially as Malkavian) and at least imo a very good assortment of interesting places and quests.

He's right, Bloodlines was amazing, just make sure you download the fan patch as Troika went out of business before they could fix some of the more game breaking glitches. The game costs

Edited by Serrano

It has stat based real time combat that doesn't suck...

NOLF1 doesn't.

NOLF2 got some basic stats, but it's been too long to remember how they affect weapons.

Also, combat in AP doesn't suck IMO. Look at Bloodlines' for example. Now that's bad (still a superawesome game though).

^