Lock Pick issues

So, its kind of stupid that i get 10 seconds to work 5 pins. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to pick the locks faster, cause as is i'm just waiting for the pin to move up as i'm frantically pushing forward on the mouse. Any ideas for what i can do to make it easier, or maybe someone knows the EXACT location of the timer command in the Config file and can tell me so i can delete the timer?

You do get skills that affect this, try using them.

Also, use an EMP if you keep failing.

Here's the deal with that, I used a hack to increase my skills and action points. Soooo I maxed out my tech skills and my sabotage skills, but i get stuck in grayditc at the first lock pick tutorial (which means i haven't acquired an EMP) because it starts out with 5 pins and only 10 seconds. I've tried adjusting the difficulty, i've tried changing my class but NOTHING works. I've played through the game twice in a week and I just want to have a little fun with some hacking.

Edited by legendmstr91

Here's the deal with that, I used a hack to increase my skills and action points. Soooo I maxed out my tech skills and my sabotage skills, but i get stuck in grayditc at the first lock pick tutorial (which means i haven't acquired an EMP) because it starts out with 5 pins and only 10 seconds. I've tried adjusting the difficulty, i've tried changing my class but NOTHING works. I've played through the game twice in a week and I just want to have a little fun with some hacking.

Ouch. That's the problem.

Minigames difficulty is based on earned AP, so by hacking the game you made that minigame super difficult.

I doubt you can even manage to do it like that.

Ouch. That's the problem.

Minigames difficulty is based on earned AP, so by hacking the game you made that minigame super difficult.

I doubt you can even manage to do it like that.

Well that's cute. Thanks for letting me know! So...based on action points acquired...maybe if I find that variable I can change it so the mini games aren't affected by my progress....I also found that increasing my action points makes it so one well placed pistol bullet to the brain takes you out for keeps. ANYONE wanna provide me with the first few locations for the commands I need to edit in the config?

*shrug* if you cheat, then weird things may happen to the game. That's rule 101 of editing game files.

Spydude's solution might do the same thing - the more APs you have, the harder minigames get - but at least you can max out sabotage skill, the second to last skill on that tree will mean you will never get the very hardest ones (10s/5pin).

*shrug* if you cheat, then weird things may happen to the game. That's rule 101 of editing game files.

Spydude's solution might do the same thing - the more APs you have, the harder minigames get - but at least you can max out sabotage skill, the second to last skill on that tree will mean you will never get the very hardest ones (10s/5pin).

I think I can discard this.....I gave my characters after the 4th playthrough 999 AP(spent all I could too) and my minigames didn't get harder....though on the Hard difficulty most of all minigames are VERY difficult but the tutorial ones were still easy though as far as I remember. He's at the start of the game so starting a new playthrough wouldn't cause any great loss...that should fix it.

I think I can discard this.....I gave my characters after the 4th playthrough 999 AP(spent all I could too) and my minigames didn't get harder....though on the Hard difficulty most of all minigames are VERY difficult but the tutorial ones were still easy though as far as I remember. He's at the start of the game so starting a new playthrough wouldn't cause any great loss...that should fix it.

It's AP. Bump your AP up to 10,000, and then go try and hack/unlock/rewire something.

;(

And then go find a mook and hit him with a shock grenade.

Edited by junior

I find it easier to just move the mouse until the lock symbol on the right turns light blue -- I used to try lining up the slot on the tumblers and the red line, but that seemed harder than just moving the mouse until the color on the lock changes. They seem pretty easy now, and I'm only level 15 or so on Hard difficulty with 0 points in any lockpicking related skills.

When I experimented playing this game on low performance machine, I noticed that in case of bad frame rate, mouse sensitivity is too low for lockpicking game, making it very difficult, and maybe even impossible in late game. This doesn't affect some other games like hacking.

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.

I find it easier to just move the mouse until the lock symbol on the right turns light blue -- I used to try lining up the slot on the tumblers and the red line, but that seemed harder than just moving the mouse until the color on the lock changes. They seem pretty easy now, and I'm only level 15 or so on Hard difficulty with 0 points in any lockpicking related skills.

Yeah. It helps that this is an actual indicator, as the actual line you need to use is a little below the shown line :?.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee