Music

Walsingham

Listening to Donizetti's L'elisir d'amore performed by the Opera D'Oro, and I swear I just heard a cormorant squawk/bray. I expect it was someone in the audience sneezing. But It was a fantastic image.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Does anyone here have any tips about any good background music for say Warhammer 40K? Suitably epic and dark at the same time preferably. ;)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Does anyone here have any tips about any good background music for say Warhammer 40K? Suitably epic and dark at the same time preferably. ;)

1. See if you can find a copy of the soundtrack to the game Chaos Gate.

2. The Gladiator soundtrack works rather well.

3. For the weird gothic feel I'd suggest an album I have called Greek Byzantine Chants.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Does anyone here have any tips about any good background music for say Warhammer 40K? Suitably epic and dark at the same time preferably. :shifty:

Audiomachine - Kingdom of Heaven

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Have some music videos:

Don't feel like dancin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nY0NwvFqzU B-Complex - Beautiful Lies

Owl City - Fireflies

Manowar - Sons of Odin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35Pp3nF2ag8 Third Reich from the Sun

Three cheers for sweet revenge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJN90mPtgis DJ Spoke - Watch them fall down

Redemption - Something Wicked This Way Comes

You know, this one song probably has more good musical ideas than the rest of this band's career put together. It's really annoying when an overall mediocre band has one truly great song, as it just leaves you wondering how good they might have been if they had written more like it.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Went back to a truly great song

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

1. See if you can find a copy of the soundtrack to the game Chaos Gate.

2. The Gladiator soundtrack works rather well.

3. For the weird gothic feel I'd suggest an album I have called Greek Byzantine Chants.

Audiomachine - Kingdom of Heaven

Cheers for the tips! Going to talk with the GM's about the music you suggested, the Gladiator soundtrack we already use for another game sadly. >_<

The Chaos Gate music really struck a chord with me, and I really hope the others think the same!

<3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Honestly, try Frank Sinatra, it's surreal but kinda groovy...

Player: My Death Angels unleash their heavy bolters at the Ork skirmishers!

[Fly me to the moon / Let me sing among those stars / Let me see what spring is like / On jupiter and mars / In other words, hold my hand / In other words, baby kiss me / Fill my heart with song / Let me sing for ever more / You are all I long for / All I worship and adore / In other words, please be true / In other words, I love you]

Player: Er, OK.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Cheers for the tips! Going to talk with the GM's about the music you suggested, the Gladiator soundtrack we already use for another game sadly. :lol:

The Chaos Gate music really struck a chord with me, and I really hope the others think the same!

Pleasure to help, mate.

*XP*

-Elwood Blues

Went off the beaten track on my music service today, and hit two absolute STINKERS.

1. Gilles Rawson - The Artist Formerly Known as Good

I didn't notice how bad this was at first. By the end of the second track I had realised that there was a distressing lack of originality. By the end of the fourth I had noticed how screechingly terrible the singer's voice is. I mean, really, even over the tone tuning and other shenanigans you can hear he sings almost everything flat or otherwise off key. Worst voice I've ever heard in a commercial recording.

2. Thomas Nowlin Harrison 'Armored Faith'

You just can't get enough hammond organ into songs about Jesus. If I was God and heard this I'd take BACK the blessing of Abraham. In celebratory terms - assuming it's a celebration of faith - I'd rank it with pissing on your birthday cake.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

Trying to alter my mood by going for the slightly bizarre assortment of B-52's music..

You have to admit, they could be amusing and weird...

Although they had nothing on the classics of the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band

The Intro and the Outro

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Forgotten demo bands can pretty pretty good.

Seriously, this is some awesome heavy metal.

At a friends I heard Thai funk from the 70s.

From the album/compilation Sound of Siam.

Just loving the rolling flow of the vocals. :lol:

-Elwood Blues

At a friends I heard Thai funk from the 70s.

From the album/compilation Sound of Siam.

Just loving the rolling flow of the vocals. :)

Wow, thanks for sharing :lol:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif