Diablo 2

Humodour

I would play a little, however when I tried to log in, it said that my CD- key was already in use by another player :S

Not that you probably care now, but occasionally bnet does that as a kind of error...ie, it's not a stolen cd-key but for some reason it thinks you're already logged in, and thus sees your login as a 2nd login and gives you that message. I can't remember what might trigger it tho, besides server lag when you get knocked off. Other than that, yeah, could be stolen/hacked cd-key.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I would play a little, however when I tried to log in, it said that my CD- key was already in use by another player :S

Not that you probably care now, but occasionally bnet does that as a kind of error...ie, it's not a stolen cd-key but for some reason it thinks you're already logged in, and thus sees your login as a 2nd login and gives you that message. I can't remember what might trigger it tho, besides server lag when you get knocked off. Other than that, yeah, could be stolen/hacked cd-key.

Yeah, I've read about the errors you mentioned first on the internet. I'm pretty sure my CD- key is not stolen or hacked though. Or at least, I own a copy of D2 that I think is legit :S

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

after much trouble with the wireless router, i now have net access for my computer once more

so if we sort out times/days then i'll be able to play :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Hey Shryke - shouldn't be hard for me to play with you since you're a Kiwi and awake roughly the same times.

USWest is also the server with the best pings for Oceania.

I don't have much work this week or next, so I'm free pretty much all day. What suits you?

I rage-unistalled the game after losing my 90 level sorceress and a third tal rasha's set. I was playing in Europe. I can check my stash characters and give you what's left on them if they're not deleted if you want.

EDIT: What's left on them (if they are not deleted) is not very good, but not rubbish neither

Edited by Istima Loke

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

Strangely enough, it worked when I tried the other day :S

Anyway, I have a level 53 hammerdin (HC ladder, currently in A4 Nightmare) in the Europe realm. It appears that I can't change that, so I don't know if I'll be able to play with you anyway!

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Strangely enough, it worked when I tried the other day :S

Anyway, I have a level 53 hammerdin (HC ladder, currently in A4 Nightmare) in the Europe realm. It appears that I can't change that, so I don't know if I'll be able to play with you anyway!

You can't change your realm...?!

You won't be able to use that character or account on USWest but you can always change your realm/gateway to USWest on the Diablo 2 main screen where you select between Single Player and Multiplayer.

I'd play on Europe guys but lag for us Aussie/NZ'ers is between 500-1000ms. USWest is only 200-300ms. I'm still open to hardcore but softcore is ok to.

I dunno buddy - first we should sort out timezones. Right now (check forum time for this post) it is 5:30pm. I'm about to get off work, hit the pub with my boss, then crash thoroughly in bed as I have had 2 hours sleep - bloody insomnia.

What country and state do you live in? It's nearly 1am in California and nearly 9am in London.

The patching didn't work, I'm downloading the game from the Blizz site now. I used a torrent before, maybe thats why it didn't work. Who knows. Hopefully I'll get to play on the weekend :/

Here's what I did:

1) bought it from the Blizzard site)

2) downloaded it over a torrent (faster)

3) discovered the torrent version accept CD keys of a different length

4) downloaded the game again (still over torrents, but the correct digital download version with longer CD keys this time)

5) tried to patch, failed

6) downloaded the patch from Blizzard's website manually and ran it

7) played and enjoyed the game :D

So to summarise:

1) if you buy the digital version, your CD key won't work with older versions of the D2 installer (most of the torrents are the older version)

2) automatic patching will always fail - download it manually here: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml...articleId=20758

So to summarise:

1) if you buy the digital version, your CD key won't work with older versions of the D2 installer (most of the torrents are the older version)

If you register your game at battle.net, it converts your old CD key to the new, longer format. I now have both. I just hope my friend won't mind me registering his key to myself o:)

I'll try again tonight.

Edited by heathen

Or not. Still have the same problem: I played D2 on a custom realm and now I can't change to any official realm, not even with an external gateway editor.

Got it. On as blackzorlag.

Sweet, see you tonight maybe? Again, what's your timezone? I can always just add you and hope for the best, but the trouble is I'm at work 9-5 then 10-6 today and tomorrow. Free all day on the Saturday and Sunday (Aussie Sat and Sun) though!