E3 first impressions

Am I right to assume that the screenshot they have in the article is from DS2? The url says "DS3" but that's just as likely to be attributed to the title of the article than the origin of the shot.
I don't remember that spider but meh, they're in every game. Seems to be DS 2 either way.

Am I right to assume that the screenshot they have in the article is from DS2? The url says "DS3" but that's just as likely to be attributed to the title of the article than the origin of the shot.
I don't remember that spider but meh, they're in every game. Seems to be DS 2 either way.

Actually, I think it's from DS1!

Actually, I think it's from DS1!

You're probably right.

Maybe they're not happy with the way the game looks at the moment and want to wait until they can post screenshots that can actually do the game justice?

So they're not happy with the way the game looks but they showcase it at E3 with gushing previews following?

Seems a little unlikely to me.. not impossible mind you, but still.. :-

They weren't showing off the graphics at E3, it was a alpha or pre-alpha build meant to show off the co-op gameplay and general mechanics. Screenshots are mostly to show off the graphics, so they could either release some prettied up fake screenshots or wait until they actually have something worth showing.

There's a reason the E3 presentation was behind closed doors...

Edited by Purkake

Maybe Square-Enix's marketing plan has scheduled "release screenshots" at some later date for some obscure business reason.

What ever the case may be, the game is still around a year off, so I'd keep the hype level at minimum.

I would imagine they are trying to maximize the publicity and since we are still 1 year away from possible release date they ain't going to show us any gameplay footage anytime soon. I mean we are still getting few E3 reports, so there's really no point to release any screenshots just yet from a marketing pov. Once those are done with, maybe they will release a trailer and after that some actual screenshots :ermm:

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

Didn't one of the developers "promise" us something soon? And there are still the interviews at Incgamer and Gamebanshee that should arrive soon.

"Soon" is relative though. :ermm:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I would imagine they are trying to maximize the publicity and since we are still 1 year away from possible release date they ain't going to show us any gameplay footage anytime soon. I mean we are still getting few E3 reports, so there's really no point to release any screenshots just yet from a marketing pov. Once those are done with, maybe they will release a trailer and after that some actual screenshots :)

Probably one of the dreaded CG trailers :ermm:

Feargus has a really hyper way about him, I wonder how many cups of coffee he has each day. I like watching interviews with him though because while he sometimes talk very fast, there is an undeniable feeling that he is excited about what he does.

I guess the main thing I'd object to in that interview is when he talks about how rulessystems are sometimes too hard and all that. I mean, yes... sometimes they really do get unnecessarily complex. But at the same time, part of the fun for me when it comes to RPGs is digging into a meaty and diverse rulesystem. Now, the system should always be well presented to the player, but I for one enjoy the complexities. Sometimes hard or complex is not a bad thing.

So while DS3 will be an action-heavy, easy-to-use game, I still hope there is enough depth to it so that you can really "dig into it" so to speak. :thumbsup:

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0