E3 first impressions

Not a chance in hell. AP wasn't exactly a brilliant port by any means but there's no way you're gonna catch me playing a game where you have to aim at stuff through a reticule with a controller if there's the possibility of mouse control. :ermm:

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Our engine builds all the platforms at the same time. We really don't have a lead SKU

Hopefully this means no mouse smoothing.

Listen to me Alvin, you're a good guy, and you can bring this message to everyone of the team : Alpha Protocol's PC version wasn't a good port.

It wasn't. :ermm:

So this time bring to us things like hotkeys, a good PC interface and moar optimization.

Our engine builds all the platforms at the same time. We really don't have a lead SKU

Listen to me Alvin, you're a good guy, and you can bring this message to everyone of the team : Alpha Protocol's PC version wasn't a good port.

So this time bring to us things like hotkeys, a good PC interface and moar optimization.

Duly Noted. :)

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...

Duly Noted. :)

*high five*

I'm sure this time the PC version will be great. :)

Shacknews first impressions

The demo was very impressive. Combat looked flashy and loot is always a good thing. Different classes with unique skill trees are a great addition. The only issue I had with the game is that it didn't feel like a Dungeon Siege game. Sure, some of the names and places are the same, but this is most certainly a new direction for the franchise. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but fans should be aware that this is going to be a departure from what they may know. Publisher Square Enix purchased the rights to the franchise from Gas Powered Games, but Chris Taylor offers some guidance and criticism after he receives "every milestone build." Obsidian "gets great comments from Chris," explains Feargus. "He's involved with all the different steps of [development with] the game. He helps a lot with the lore."
Edited by funcroc

So, it being shown at this year's E3, does that mean it's near to release? Or ... like, when do games get previewed at these E3 shows in relation to their actual release date?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So, it being shown at this year's E3, does that mean it's near to release? Or ... like, when do games get previewed at these E3 shows in relation to their actual release date?

Note that they were showcasing a proof of concept quest, which means that probably they weren't ready to showcase the real content of the game, but still wanted to show the engine, systems etc.

Hopefully we'll see something substantial soon (like a trailer or a couple of screenshots).

The initial information looks good! :rolleyes:

Two questions:

1) What is the expected size/length of the game? (Say in comparison to Diablo II)

2) Will this game use an online DRM system?

Can't answer the first question, but as for the second one... developers have no say in DRM, that's purely a publisher's decision. So you'd have to go ask Square (or look at Square's other titles to get an idea of their stance on DRM.)

Questions for the the developers : can we take control of our companions if we're playing solo, or do we play only our character with the rest lead by the IA?

I made a seperate thread asking the same if we are playing a single character or could control a whole party. Developer been dodging that question and i didn't have a clue yet.

I'm 'guessing' that in DS3, we will only control the main hero character while the rest of the companion will be controlled by the AI. The companion maybe 'replaced' with real human players in multiplayer as it has been stated numerous times in the E3 previews.

If that is the case, i wish we could have some form of control for AI controlled companions.

The initial information looks good! :)

Two questions:

1) What is the expected size/length of the game? (Say in comparison to Diablo II)

2) Will this game use an online DRM system?

Can't answer the first question, but as for the second one... developers have no say in DRM, that's purely a publisher's decision. So you'd have to go ask Square (or look at Square's other titles to get an idea of their stance on DRM.)

Well, thanks for trying anyway. :) I am sure the information will be made available as the release date comes closer.