STEAM!

Calax

Capcom and PC controls are like fire and water. You couldn't even use the mouse in menus on the RE4 port.

Yeah but the RE4 port was the worst port EVAH, and CAPCOM seems to have learned at least a little bit, going by the generally positive comments about RE5.

Still, I, at least, find the controller more suited to action games like DMC4.

Final tally (I still haven't played all games from last Steam sale but who cares, it's cheap as chips).

Bioshock 2 14,99 EUR

Dirt 2 12,50 EUR

Overlord Complete Pack (Overlord, Overlord - Rasing Hell, Overlord 2 ) 4,50 EUR

Resident Evil 5 9,50 EUR

Audiosurf 2,50 EUR

Call of Duty Pack (Call of Duty, Call of Duty United Offensive, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty World at War) 27,99 EUR

FlatOut Ultimate Carnage 1,90 EUR

THQ Complete Pack (Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts, Company of Heroes Tales of Valor, Frontlines: Fuel of War, Full Spectrum Warrior, Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers, Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights, Metro 2033, Red Faction, Red Faction 2, Red Faction Guerilla, Stalker (damn, my 2nd copy of this game), Saints Row 2, Titan Quest, Titan Quest - Immortal Throne, Dawn of War Gold, Dawn of War Dark Crusade, Dawn of War Soulstorm, Dawn of War 2, Dawn of War 2 Chaos Rising) 49,99 EUR

123,87 EUR

Over 20 games (+several addons) compared to the price of two and a half new games from my local store. Gotta love the Steam holiday sales. I wouldn't buy any of these games at full price but when the price is right, I'll buy it... and maybe play it later if I have the time.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Anybody have any idea how easy/hard/impossible it is to get Thief to work in a post-XP version of Windows? $3 is a small risk to take, but it'd be helpful if anybody's got some personal experience to go on.

Anybody have any idea how easy/hard/impossible it is to get Thief to work in a post-XP version of Windows? $3 is a small risk to take, but it'd be helpful if anybody's got some personal experience to go on.

Quick google search says it's hit or miss. Some people have almost no issues, others have more. I have a retail box copy floating around here somewhere that I could test on Win7 x64 if you want.

Thief 2 was a mission to get working on Win7, but I eventually did it, with a fanmade nvidia fix, some compatibility mods and the like. I *think* it works now, but it's hard to tell - things look very dark and I think there are some texture weirdities, but I haven't really played it yet.

I got Dirt 2 free with my video card. Never got around to play it, since with a keyboard is almost impossible.

Sooner or later I'll get a wired Xbox360 controller for my PC though, just for a couple of games.

I didn't find driving with keyboard hard at all, but then again, I've used keyboard for driving since the early 90's (joystick was good before that). "the dude" mentality is bothersome in Dirt2 and I have no idea who those so called celebrities are in the game but I guess that's just a generation thing. Otherwise it's rather fun and solid racer with good variety of the tracks and drivemodes. Highest or 2nd highest difficulty is recommended, with full damage. Certainly not worth the full price but with discount it has excellent value.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

I got Dirt 2 free with my video card. Never got around to play it, since with a keyboard is almost impossible.

Sooner or later I'll get a wired Xbox360 controller for my PC though, just for a couple of games.

I didn't find driving with keyboard hard at all, but then again, I've used keyboard for driving since the early 90's (joystick was good before that).

It may have to do with the fact that I'm s****y at driving in games anyway.

I played Deadly Shadows on a friend's x64 Vista, but haven't installed it on my x64 Win7 yet.

The only problem I remember having (on a 16:10 monitor) was something about resolution, which I got around by changing the aspect ratio to 4:3 manually (from the monitor controls).

T:DS is a must have at $3 imo.

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

Just in case someone didn't notice, a last-day-best-sellers-discount kind of thing is going on. 7.5 hours left. About half of those games I have, others I'm curious about / don't have the money to buy atm. :ermm:

Highly recommended to at least check out.

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

Cryostasis has the most nonsensical story ever save for a few JRPGs maybe.

Not really. It wasn't that hard to follow. :ermm:

I don't mean the story about the ship, but the(actual spoilers to follow)

Russian fairytale that has not relation to the story what so ever and the bit when you fight frickin Chronos at the end

I bought UFO: Extraterrestrials but I dare not repeat the spending frenzy that occured during the xmas sales. Looks like you picked up some nice titles though, I own Homecoming and it's my favourite of the series after SH2.