STEAM!

Calax

The Mac store is still pretty sad, though. I wonder if they'll get something in the way of back catalogue.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Valve is slowly pushing through their library to update it for OSX, don't know about the other publishers.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The Mac store is still pretty sad, though. I wonder if they'll get something in the way of back catalogue.

Didn't check the Mac Store, but I saw their "Steamplay" (Mac + Windows) logo on many games now (most of them indie titles, granted).

It's still fairly new, give it some time. :rolleyes:

Oh, of course it depends mostly on devs/publishers rather than Valve/Steam.

Edited by Nemo0071

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

So, does RE5 PC deserve a playthrough?

I'm almost tempted.

It's not a bad game, but it's not a great game either. Still, if you liked RE4 it's worth a try (and the port wasn't bad this time). :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

So, does RE5 PC deserve a playthrough?

I'm almost tempted.

It's not a bad game, but it's not a great game either. Still, if you liked RE4 it's worth a try (and the port wasn't bad this time). :)

Never played RE4.

I played like... 10 minutes of RE2 (it was a 'present' and the disc were scratched too :lol: ), but as far as I know from 4 onward they changed the gameplay radically.. in the end I just decided to grab Gothic 2 Gold and Gothic 3 :p

Remember, RE5 is not a survival horror game like RE1/2, it's just an action game.

And that wouldn't be so bad with me, considering it's been a lot of time I played a decent action-adventure game (read : not another testosterone filler cover-based shooter).

But to be honest, I don't want to dump too much money with this Steam sales, it's too easy to just go 'ooh this costs so little! I'll grab it!' and end up with spending a hundred bucks. :ermm:

I don't want to dump too much money with this Steam sales, it's too easy to just go 'ooh this costs so little! I'll grab it!' and end up with spending a hundred bucks. :ermm:

Actually I intend to spend about a hundred bucks this sale. :lol:

BTW I just grabbed GTA Episodes from Liberty City (again, at the very last minute) for 15 USD.

I suspect the "daily special sales" stay the same way after the supposed "time's up gentlemen" moment. I'll confirm in a minute or five.

Confirmation Edit:

Ok, that was NOT the case. Interestingly, GTA EFLC is now 25% off (instead of 50%). It was full price just before the sale began... Hmm...

Edited by Nemo0071

I just bought Witcher director's cut for four quid. Can't play the bastard on my poor old machine, but too good to miss.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You can get a 14(or is it 21 now?) day trial of EVE for free, it has all the features of the paid game and you can start a new trial any time you want.

I highly recommend everyone who hasn't played Max Payne yet, to get it and play through both games. It's a pretty cool experience with story and everything.

You can get a 14(or is it 21 now?) day trial of EVE for free, it has all the features of the paid game and you can start a new trial any time you want.

I highly recommend everyone who hasn't played Max Payne yet, to get it and play through both games. It's a pretty cool experience with story and everything.

Except the baby levels.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

More commonly known as the dream or nightmare levels.

Also, the levels that we don't talk about.

The dream levels in the sequel are much better

I'm not too fond of the gameplay in the first one, but the second game is one of the best I've ever played.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

HL1 for 2 bucks, Max payne (both) for five...

HL1 was great for it's time, it still is, but graphics & physics are it's main drawback atm. Which is why I'm thinking of grabbing HL1 Source sometime...

And now that I've spent 10

HL1 was great for it's time, it still is, but graphics & physics are it's main drawback atm. Which is why I'm thinking of grabbing HL1 Source sometime...

Wait for Black Mesa instead (if it ever comes out). HL Source is ...something you shouldn't ever experience.

Wait for Black Mesa instead (if it ever comes out). HL Source is ...something you shouldn't ever experience.

THAT bad, huh? I didn't know about Black Mesa Source, just checked it out, I thought HL:S would look something like this.

I guess I was wrong...

^ Before posting this I watched some HL:S videos. It looked exactly like HL1. I don't get it...

Thanks for the heads up.

THAT bad, huh? I didn't know about Black Mesa Source, just checked it out, I thought HL:S would look something like this.

I guess I was wrong...

^ Before posting this I watched some HL:S videos. It looked exactly like HL1. I don't get it...

Thanks for the heads up.

Imagine if a HL:S character were a glass. That glass is filled up with pudding and a 3 year old doodles a face-like something on it. That's how HL:S looks like.

Also, quick save/load broke scripted sequences.