Where are the dev responses ?

kirrotu and Serrano: Thanks for erecting and dismantling those straw men that have nothing to do with why I started the thread.

Where on earth did I say that devs are required to post out of a sense of entitlement?

Posts like those two remind me why I cut down on forum usage, and is probably the real reason why the devs stay away from forums.

Uhm.. just rechecked the forum.

No one said the devs have to post here. :shifty:

kirrotu and Serrano: Thanks for erecting and dismantling those straw men that have nothing to do with why I started the thread.

Where on earth did I say that devs are required to post out of a sense of entitlement?

Posts like those two remind me why I cut down on forum usage, and is probably the real reason why the devs stay away from forums.

Sorry, I should have read through the whole thread :shifty: . I'm not sure either comment was directed at you personally though.

Edited by Serrano

Sorry, I should have read through the whole thread :shifty: . I'm not sure either comment was directed at you personally though.

Not to make excuses, but a lot of the reasons why we can't post too often have already been mentioned. We're pretty busy making games, and also, we don't often have a lot that we can say. I probably delete 3-5 posts a week before I hit the reply button, just because I'm not sure if I'm overstepping the bounds of what I can or should say.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

A Dev Response! :bow:

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Sorry, I should have read through the whole thread o:) . I'm not sure either comment was directed at you personally though.

Not to make excuses, but a lot of the reasons why we can't post too often have already been mentioned. We're pretty busy making games, and also, we don't often have a lot that we can say. I probably delete 3-5 posts a week before I hit the reply button, just because I'm not sure if I'm overstepping the bounds of what I can or should say.

Don't worry Joseph, we forgive you. :bow::*

Sorry, I should have read through the whole thread o:) . I'm not sure either comment was directed at you personally though.

Don't worry Joseph, we forgive you. :bow::*

But only you. The rest of the Devs: o:)*

*Just in case, I'm being silly. :p Kitties for everyone! :*

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

*Just in case, I'm not serious :*
So you actually don't forgive even Joseph?

I moved the star to the o:) just because I *KNEW* someone was going to misinterpret that. :bow:

*Just in case, I'm not serious :*

I moved the star to the o:) just because I *KNEW* someone was going to misinterpret that. :bow:

1: I posted while you edited.

2: Failed your joke spot check. o:)

*Just in case, I'm not serious :p

I moved the star to the :bat: just because I *KNEW* someone was going to misinterpret that. :banghead:

1: I posted while you edited.

2: Failed your joke spot check. :p

I knew you weren't being serious! I was even going to add a * to my comment but decided not to. :p

So anyhow a bit on-topic, I never figured we'd have super-mega dev responses (although its always cool when they post). But I've seen a few reading threads, so I'm sure any important feedback we might accidentally post to one of these threads is being seen, if not responded to.

Yeah but they may not be able to speak about a patch at all, since wouldn't it be Sega who'd have to release the patch?

yes, but if Sega is releasing it, they may not be able to announce they're working on a patch (if they were) until Sega announced they had Obsidian working on a patch (or were pending a release of a patch or somesuch).

But it would be Obs coding it, no?

Yeah, but it all melts down to agreements between developers and distributors. And, especially with Activision and SEGA - list of don't and do's is pretty long afaik. Whatever you might say - for now only EA introduced more freedom in how developers want to manage their contacts with community - hence so many responses from devs in DA:O forums.

Thanks goes to Joseph for showing us, that at least some members of Obsidian are reading these forums. I hope we get official response from both SEGA and Obsidian soon.

Heh.

Darth Nuke was also responsible for getting Mandalorians added to the Dark Horse Republic line of comics by his constant complaining about their absence.

As a pile of corpses in a throwaway panel.

:DDDD