A sad announcement

Very sad news, indeed. He was an interesting guy in conversations, though I only debated with him a few times. There were times when I absolutely could not tell if he was being sarcastic or not (I really hope the former, but who knows).

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

While he and I never got along and I thought he was mostly a arse clown, and still do, any death is unfortuniate. I am not going to sit here and type how great he was and how much I will miss him as that is just blowing smoke to make myself feel better. Fact is I don't think he was nor will I, while not popular the truth is what it is. That said he'll be back in one form or another sooner or later walking amoung us so it's all good.

Honesty is good, but I think you underestimate him. I used to get royally annoyed by him, as anyone will tell you, but over time I thinkI understood that he was a lot more complex than this medium could really get a handle on. I think it's one of the reasons he used to shift alts all the time. Like a velociraptor shifting uncomfortably on a child's tricycle.

Not that there's much point to you changing your mind. I just thought I should report his cause aright to those who would remember him.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I used to get royally annoyed by him, as anyone will tell you, but over time I thinkI understood that he was a lot more complex than this medium could really get a handle on. I think it's one of the reasons he used to shift alts all the time.

At least twice he even annoyed himself so much that he wanted change himself and thought changing his internet nick would do the the trick.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Wow, this is really sad news. Visceris was one of my favorite people from the BIS forums. It's been forever since I've posted here, or even lurked for that matter, but many of the discussions I was involved in with him still stick out in my mind. I still recall him saying something to the effect of, "it's single character? Not interested," anytime I'm enjoying a partyless CRPG. Or joining forces with him to argue the importance of turn-based combat. I also remember knowing right away who it was when he changed his forum name to DoomSayer, then Hades_One.

Rest in peace Michael...and thanks for adding so much to the conversation, even when you said very little...

Edited by StillLife

I used to get royally annoyed by him, as anyone will tell you, but over time I thinkI understood that he was a lot more complex than this medium could really get a handle on. I think it's one of the reasons he used to shift alts all the time.

At least twice he even annoyed himself so much that he wanted change himself and thought changing his internet nick would do the the trick.

:shifty: Yes, I know. You've got to love anyone who manages to annoy himself to the point of blowing up.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Wow, I just read all this and feel overwhelmed. RIP Mike. You're sorely missed already, even if your presence caused an occasional sore or two. My condolences to his friends and family.

Wow, late comer here. He was one of the key personalities of both the old BIS boards and here. I'm having more of a reaction from this than I do from finding out people I know in real life have died.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

He made a lot of waves on the forum, but I think we all had a soft spot for him. Rest in peace

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Honestly, this saddens me. Ausir gave me the news. Even though we dropped out of touch and did not know each other too well, I know that I'll miss the guy. I'll always miss the long, multi-paged arguments we used to have on the old Black Isle Studios forums and how none of it would ever reach a conclusion. Those were good times.

Time has been kind to my memory of him.

Rest in peace, Mike.

Edited by Sol Invictus

• 1 month later...

Why did nobody tell me of this? I know I have two guys from this forum on my Steam Friends list. I just found myself wondering "Hey, where's Sand, what's that rascal up to? What handle is he using now?" I do a search for Sand and find this thread. "Who's Killian, I don't rememb... wait, no, it couldn't..."

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I was hoping the OP would make good on her offer to post the obituary but no luck. A quick Google search including "obituary, michael, 13 jun, Ames Iowa" produces this result which seems to support his general birth date and death date, but no details, so I dont know if its actually our guy.

So wait, this is Hades? Or am I lost? :p

Yes.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I remember him posting under a lot of different nicknames, but Hades was his most familiar one for me. I remember how he argued a lot of times with a number of different people here, made me laugh not just once.....but even if you argued with him over something, myself included, somehow you just couldn't stay angry with him over something because in essence he was a good soul despite being dark sometimes in his writing, that's the way I perceived him.

May you rest in peace Michael

Wow, I am still lurking here from time to time and I just saw this thread. I did have a few heated arguments with Hades but it was obvious he wasn't a bad chap. We sure will miss him. Rest in peace, pal. With all my due respect.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Hades cant be dead. That aint right.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I was hoping the OP would make good on her offer to post the obituary but no luck. A quick Google search including "obituary, michael, 13 jun, Ames Iowa" produces this result which seems to support his general birth date and death date, but no details, so I dont know if its actually our guy.

I think that it is. Many years ago, Michael mailed me a disk with a huge World of Warcraft patch that my old dial-up server couldn't hack. His name and address were on the envelope, and the name "Harvey" sounds very, very familiar.

Harvey as in Harvey the 6' Foot Invisible Rabbit... :brows:

This place died a little bit that day :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein