A sad announcement

Hades and I bumped heads so many times I lost count. So many times he'd make me say "Argh." To me, he was always Hades. My first introduction to him was as Hades_One, but it was Hades. There were other names, but Hades left his mark. I think as Hades, Michael was able to interact and enjoy life in a way that I don't think he was ever really able to in person. He was a big member of this community, and left an impact on all of us that interacted with him on a regular basis.

In spite of our squabbles on the internet, I certainly would never wish ill will upon him. There were times when I was fed up with the board and he's PM with a message saying he didn't want me to leave, because he enjoyed my presence on the board and felt the place would be less fun and a bit emptier without me.

I don't post here very much any more, but I can still feel that this place feels emptier without him.

I hope you found peace Michael. You'll always be Hades to me...

Allan 'alanschu' Schumacher

P.S. Hades was in the Navy. The first thing I thought of after posting this was "Taps."

:'(

Edited by alanschu

I must be cynical, what with my first initial thought at seeing this. But still, condolences to his family and friends. Never particularly cared for Killian as a poster, where I saw him.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wow, people are getting real sentimental here for an internet person.

You post enough with a person and you come to expect that persons reactions on the board or blog or what have you. Its a shock to realize they're not there and the loss of their presence is still felt, whether you never met "in real life" or not.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Actually, that was me.

This should fit a standard A4 sheet though it will depend slightly on your printer so it might have to be scaled down a tad.

Thank you. That's perfect.

For those that were wondering/weren't sure, yes Mike was Killian/Visceris/Hades_One/Doomsayer/etc. And yes, especially back on the BIS boards he had a tendency to be an utter bastard in his posts. But a bit more than half the time it tended to be because he was a naturally argumentative person (running arguments were often our way of making light conversation around the apartment) and just hadn't gotten his head around how the net deletes spoken context. But yes, that other bit less than half of the time he was really just intentionally being a bastard because he could.

Talking to past members of our table-top group yesterday, one of them managed to find some pics from a few years ago that are, frankly, Mike looking the best I'd ever known him to. I know he has them as digital format, so if it's wished, I can post a link to the files once I have them hosted.

And yes, once the obit is written up, I will make sure I post a copy for those who wish it.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Thank you again Valashar. I am sure that regardless of anyone's experience of Killian, we are most grateful of what you are offering us and hold this sad time with respect for everyone involved.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Wow, people are getting real sentimental here for an internet person.

Cheer up, we'd make a banner for you too.

Memento mori.

And we'd throw a party.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Dang... this is sad. And I was just about to be living in the same area and would have dropped him a line to get some food or hang out >.<

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Random thought but will we possibly be seeing a tribute to him in Fallout?

What everybody already said.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Don't think werewolves would be canon for the Fallout universe.

That made me smile. Perhaps they can add a quest giver named Killian who sends you into an impossible to win situation against a large wolf.

awesome idea :)

i heard about what happened from samm

couldn't believe it at first. love him or hate him, he certainly was a distinctive personality on this forum and it's sad to see him go :(

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I think he started out, a long time ago by being a pain in the rear, but the years changed him. For the way better imho. Wherever you go now, take care.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've made a lot of friends here over the years, never got particularly close with Sandyboi but he was a good guy. Interacted with him a few times and I'm sad to hear about this. Heard his voice one time in my life, over Xbox Live. Strange thing, the internet..

I've made a lot of friends here over the years, never got particularly close with Sandyboi but he was a good guy. Interacted with him a few times and I'm sad to hear about this. Heard his voice one time in my life, over Xbox Live. Strange thing, the internet..

lasting friendships where you barely see the person for years... the internet is a strange thing in deed *Stares at his avatar waiting to take another drink*

I hate how he was finally working towards becoming a person he could be happy with being, and then he just got smote down. That just sucks. His efforts detailed in the "Killian is Dead" thread were so inspiring, it just seems so incredibly unfair. -_-

While he and I never got along and I thought he was mostly a arse clown, and still do, any death is unfortuniate. I am not going to sit here and type how great he was and how much I will miss him as that is just blowing smoke to make myself feel better. Fact is I don't think he was nor will I, while not popular the truth is what it is. That said he'll be back in one form or another sooner or later walking amoung us so it's all good.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

I hate how he was finally working towards becoming a person he could be happy with being, and then he just got smote down. That just sucks. His efforts detailed in the "Killian is Dead" thread were so inspiring, it just seems so incredibly unfair. :ermm:

My thoughts too. Very unfair. C'est la vie. :)

I wasn't close with him and I'm fully aware he could be very contentious at times (so can we all), but I respected him. Plus he kept things lively. :*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

What the hell? No way it can't be true. OMG that I can't believe this. He's too young to die.

I always considered him a friend on here, I even talked him into staying when he was about to leave here forever. He could be a pain at times but he was never down right spiteful or hurtful to anyone. He was one of the few good pals that I have on here, he was one of those who was the life of the party. Damn it this has to be a bad joke or one of his phases of using another name.

This is so sad.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.