One With The Shadows achievement bug?

jdamien75

Question

I received the Perk of "Unseen Presence" which states "You completed 5 missions wherein you killed less than 5 enemies, and no alarms were raised." This granted me the "Enemy Sight Range -5%" bonus, but I never got the achievement for "One With the Shadows", which is supposed to unlock after completing 3 missions with less than 5 enemies killed & no enemies alerted to your presence.

Has this happened to anyone else?

EDIT: Or does getting the achievement specifically require that no enemies ever go beyond "green" for their status?

Edited by jdamien75

"You see a group of Unwashed Villagers attacking a spammer." - Fallout 2

ShadowDancer, Unwashed & proud of it.

No, I *don't* look like Kevin Bacon... Darn developers.

8 answers to this question

More info here

And yes, no enemies ever go beyond "green" and no more than 5, 4 is quite enough

Well crap. That means I blew the warehouse mission in Taipei since I used the Sound Generator to get the guys down from the roof. No alarms raised there, but it obviously set the guys to "yellow" alert.

Word is: the yellow status is NOT considered as alert... as it's been said in here

Perhaps, knocking more than 4 doesn't count.

Hmmm. Since it specifically stated no more than five *killed*, I figured tranq'ing them would be fine...

Ah well, have to try it again... with feeling. lol

Word is: the yellow status is NOT considered as alert... as it's been said in here

Perhaps, knocking more than 4 doesn't count.

Hmmm. Since it specifically stated no more than five *killed*, I figured tranq'ing them would be fine...

Ah well, have to try it again... with feeling. lol

Finally got the achievement to pop. I made sure to do hand to hand take downs on as many people as possible & avoided shooting more than four people with tranquilizer rounds.

Finally got the achievement to pop. I made sure to do hand to hand take downs on as many people as possible & avoided shooting more than four people with tranquilizer rounds.

Tranquilizer rounds are fine. You can take down/tranq everything on the map, so long as you don't *kill* more than 5.

If an alarm sounds or if anyone changes from yellow to red, then start over.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

What I have observed, tranq bolts and shock traps inevitably aggro the target for a second before knocking them out. I believe this counts against the requirements for One With the Shadows.

Edited by Balthamael

What I have observed, tranq bolts and shock traps inevitably aggro the target for a second before knocking them out. I believe this counts against the requirements for One With the Shadows.

Shock traps yes, tranq bolts sometimes. Depend on whether the shot is insta-kill or if it's the health-drain that puts them down.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."