Final mission chopper disapearing, checkpoint is hosed

Kileyan

Question

Here is the deal. I fight Darcy, grab the sniper rifle and take him out. I run up until my handler chatters a bit about taking out the chopper and I get a checkpoint. All is good, I run up take down first bad guy, grab rocket launcher, and usually somewhere along the way I get blown up, no biggy except..........

The problem is, every single time I re-load the game, whether from an auto save, or an extra checkpoint save I made(once I encountered this bug), the chopper is no longer there. It doesn't matter if I choose the auto reload from last checkoint or manually go into my save files. To do the chopper sequence, I have to do the previous checkpoint over and over. If I wasn't a frequent back up save game person, I'd have to repeat the entire mission.

This would seem like a good thing, not having to fight that annoying chopper, except the game seems to think opening a simple gate requires the magical key that drops off the non existent chopper.

Is there a way to make that last check point work? Known fixes? I really don't enjoy playing through a previous checkpoint just to learn a crappy "boss" fight. Especially since the previous check point is not a very easy one for someone without a ton of stealth to let him get past the infinite grenade throwing Darcy.

Yeh, I am frustrated.......been a flawed but good game until these silly boss fights and bugs.

3 answers to this question

Never had that issue on the 360....every time I got killed by the chopper and reloaded the last checkpoint the chopper respawned just fine. Not sure what to tell you.....what platform are you playing on?

same here... try playing the mission from the beginning; i know that sound bad but is the only thing that you can do .

See here for discussion on this issue.

The checkpoint bug appears to come in different varieties. For me, it's usually fixed if I manually reload instead of using "Reload checkpoint" option, or if I try a few times. For others, it just never fires.

Darcy can be killed very very easily if you use chain shot, or if you use the other tower to get at the sniper rifle, or if you camp beneath his tower where he can't get you and then grenade him (hell, he'lle ven grenade himself sometimes trying to get you if you do that). Again, see the respective Darcy thread for this.

For a 'clean' fix to the whole issue I'm afraid we'll have to wait for a patch or until someone figures it uot.