Suggestions for Dungeon Siege III

Make the maps huge. I want the Halo-generation to become lost and never heard from again, that's how big. CAN YOU MANAGE THAT?!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Whatever happened to Hellgate: London, don't do that. An spectator/DM mode would be cool(Go here/attack this/defend that) Huh, Dungeon Siege III is to Dungeon Siege what Fallout 3 is to Fallout.(Probably)

Edited by Irrelevant

It's not Christmas anymore but I've fallen in love with these two songs:

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=HXjk3P5LjxY

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NJJ18aB2Ggk

1. Have one very large inventory for each human player, rather than individual inventories for npc's, and huge storage.

I'll add: SHARED STASH....ie, easy to transfer items from one chr. to another. :ermm:

Suggestion: Remove pets

Eh? You mean summons? I love summons. I love love love summons.

Tho oddly enough, in the end, I wasn't that fond of the Necro in Diablo2. At least, not the skeleton Necro's. That was too many summons...visually got in my way. heh

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The better have a toolkit... Could really give them a competetive edge over Diablo 3, given that blizzard pretty much has no love at all for the Diablo modding community and have once again passed them over for any kind of official modding support or tools.

Why? They are awesome.

Explain your hatred of pets...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

See Eschalon Book II for a good example of this.

Darkness would actually mean darkness - so harder to see things for yourself, and also game rules reflecting this in reduced accuracy over long ranges and reduced LOS for enemies. Heavy rainstorms would reduce efficiency of fire spells and blow out your torches as well. It'd be interesting to do things like use wind for directional blasts of rigged explosive kegs...

Myth: The Fallen Lords incorporated rain effects into the battles quite well, I thought. Just a simple thing like the molotovs thrown by your dwarves going out before they could explode. Didn't always happen, just when you really really wanted it to. >_< Thing about it was, each mission in Myth was separate from the others, and weather wasn't random.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

No, I mean pets...

I must be confused again. I don't remember pets in Dungeon Siege.

But I did think they were cute and annoying at the same time, in WoW.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

DS2 has them, DS1 not.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

DS2 has them, DS1 not.

I don't remember them in DS2 or its expansion, either. *Google searches*

....ohhhhhhh those, ok, I remember now. I guess I forgot because they took up party member slots & I didn't think of them as pets...ie, they weren't entirely decorative. They were just an alternative to magical summons or human NPC's.

Edited by LadyCrimson

• 1 month later...

I think Shared Stash is an excellent suggestion!

"Sharing is good" - Cesar Millan

Rostere summed it up pretty good as well... a looting system with things difficult to get, but still rewarding, like the diablo 2 system that aims to give you high level equipment, but you need to get lucky with the rolls :devil:

Also non-standard items are pretty fun. Instead of this and this damage, this and this stat they can have weird generic effects that encourages variation of play and build.

I usually go by the four spheres:

Brutality: Simple - high damage, high point, high regen

Specialization: Outgoing - proc buff, proc spell

Thrill: Heightened - trigger state, trigger atmosphere

Travel: Accelerating - Stack up, multi-*

Would be awesome to relocate those to Death, Life, Blindness, Sight! You could have like a blindness school utilizing effects like triggering a weak glacial aura