One with the Shadows: What 3 missions would be the best to go full stealth on?

I have to say the CIA Outpost is an obvious one (and easy) but what other two missions would you guys recommend for that achievement (while still being able to collect all intel and complete all objectives) and what tactics did you use?

I was able to meet the criteria on the airfield mission but at the expense of a couple of side objectives (like killing the elite guards) so it wouldn't get my vote as one of the 3.

I am wondering if the warehouse would count as one If you stay hidden and let the russians and agents kill each others!

Anyway... Please I could use suggestions

I'd say CIA outpost, Marburg's villa.. maybe the ruins? Unsure about the third one, then again, I'm pretty bad at stealthing (still, it was pretty nice hearing Marburg tell me that he didn't know I was in Rome until 1 hour ago.. :* ).

The ruins would not work. You got that damn fight at the end to protect the antenna. It's actually my problem. Most missions seem to have an unavoidable confrontation built in!

Like Nasri I was able to sneak all the way to his doorstep only to realize you can only trigger the cut scene if you neutralize the guards in the octogon. How many guards in there??? You guessed it! FIVE! which means this one is out.

Now maybe I am mistaken and by KILL, they mean actual KILL and not takedown.

That would make things easier.

The tough one is the 3 missions with less then 5 kills and no enemy becoming aware of you...

The investigate the warehouse in Taipei is a fun stealth one...

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The tough one is the 3 missions with less then 5 kills and no enemy becoming aware of you...

The investigate the warehouse in Taipei is a fun stealth one...

A fun one to do ghost through, and it makes sense, too. I'm not sure if non-lethal takedowns are good for that achievement, but on this mission they aren't even necessary. Plus it makes sense not to so much as bruise any of the guards considering the nature of the objectives. Did it last night. This game is lots of fun!

Ok I just tackled that achievment. Here are the 3 missions that seem to work well for that purpose.

-Bug the Airfield (Saudi)

-CIA Listening Post (Rome)

-Investigate warehouse district (Taipei)

Tips:

- DO NOT USE THE NOISE MAKER!!!

- have pistol at about level 10 for long range on the Tai Pei run

- for Tai Pei, make SURE that you have evasion, shadow and binary or good luck on that one!!!

-In Saudi. Either take out the elite guards or go for the flight logs in the basement but do not try both. You need at least one neutralize in the control tower staircase.

You have to be ABSOLUTELY invisible. Cannot be spotted at all and you CAN't even neutralize more than FOUR enemies on those missions (that include melee take downs. I tried). Four is ok, five is one too many.

SPOILER/BUG/EXPLOIT!!!!!

Xbox users, on the Saudi and Tai Pei mission, you can reload after each auto save to make all the NPC you already evaded disappear. Used carefully it can still allow you to collect most loot and complete most objectives.

Ok I just tackled that achievment. Here are the 3 missions that seem to work well for that purpose.

-Bug the Airfield (Saudi)

-CIA Listening Post (Rome)

-Investigate warehouse district (Taipei)

Tips:

- DO NOT USE THE NOISE MAKER!!!

- have pistol at about level 10 for long range on the Tai Pei run

- for Tai Pei, make SURE that you have evasion, shadow and binary or good luck on that one!!!

-In Saudi. Either take out the elite guards or go for the flight logs in the basement but do not try both. You need at least one neutralize in the control tower staircase.

You have to be ABSOLUTELY invisible. Cannot be spotted at all and you CAN't even neutralize more than FOUR enemies on those missions (that include melee take downs. I tried). Four is ok, five is one too many.

SPOILER/BUG/EXPLOIT!!!!!

Xbox users, on the Saudi and Tai Pei mission, you can reload after each auto save to make all the NPC you already evaded disappear. Used carefully it can still allow you to collect most loot and complete most objectives.

interesting, I've manage to get all the stealth perks but this one... so, using tranquiliser ammo counts, because sometimes the best way to do keep my presence unaware is to shoot the guard in the stealth path or in a post...

melee take downs and tranqs only and no more than 4 and you should be OK. Just make sure you only take out tthose guards you only have to.

Indeed, the problem with take downs, is that sometimes the guard become aware at the last millisecond, I can take him down still but withy the tranqs, I don't give him any opportunity... thank you >_<

anyone else have problems with tranquilized enemies thrashing around a second, and even firing their guns before falling down unconscious? (Hard mode, critical hit to the head) I find this is the biggest problem I have when trying to remain undetected, sometimes alarms even go off...

IMO, the stealth path is what makes this game awesome.

anyone else have problems with tranquilized enemies thrashing around a second, and even firing their guns before falling down unconscious? (Hard mode, critical hit to the head) I find this is the biggest problem I have when trying to remain undetected, sometimes alarms even go off...

yes, it happened sometimes, perhaps they need to be shot to the back of the head...

Agree, taking the stealth path is brilliant better in hard mode.

yes, it happened sometimes, perhaps they need to be shot to the back of the head...

Agree, taking the stealth path is brilliant better in hard mode.

It only happens with armored enimies. Plus, It's a tranqualizer. You don't knock them out emmidiatly. Shoot them in the head twice to avoid this.

Does whatever a spider can.

I just finished the Saudi Airfield, including all the optional bonus missions as well as grabbing alot of the loot, with exactly 4 stealth take downs and no enemies alerted etc.

Here's how it works:

#1 You need points in stealth (duh) and the stealth armor + the digital camouflage mod. (I used the Field Agent class, but veteran obviously works well also, even though it's cheating a little :p

(Note that you'll probably not have any pts in pistols or much of anything except stealth and a little in sabotage if you go with anything other than a vet, this is no problem since you won't need to use your gun even once.)

#2 Do all other missions (except the final one ofc) before entering the airfield, this should make you level up in the middle of the mission and allow you to acquire the Shadow Operative skill.

#3 The Mission

a)

The first guy (at the very start) can be easily bypassed if you crouch and move along the left fence, when he stops, stop right beside him. He will turn to the right when going back and miss you altogether. (this trick also works when getting the al-samad flight records bonus, you don't even need shadow operative if you're careful, patient, and try a few times)

Grab the items, unlock the doors etc. for the extra xp like normal and just avoid the patrols. If you get paranoid that someone will hear you, just flick the silent running for a few seconds of complete silence.

b)

Enter the top path to Shaheeds elite guard. Go down when they're both turned toward the hangar (easy to see because you'll have the master awareness skill) and then use normal stealth take downs on them. If you find the time between taking one down and going to the next too short, use Silent Running again to close the distance very fast and do the stealth take down before he turns around and sees his knocked out buddy.

So, that's 2 take downs. You can do 2 more, but can actually complete the mission with only 3 although it is risky (I only managed it one time, but that was before I realized I could take down the elite guard so I had to redo it, and kept failing until I just settled for 4 take downs lol)

Keep crouching and use the trick where you study guard movement patterns and crouch down right next to them and let them turn around and miss you so you can either sneak alongside them, outside their field of vision, or sneak right past them.

Place the bombs at the weapons and grab the loot (shadow operative helps alot here)

c)

Go up to the tower door on the right side. Crack the code and go right into the room above the al-samad flight records. Flick shadow operative right in front of the safe, crack it super fast, and run down the stairs (the guard will see you, but your Evasion will kick in just in time and you will get away undetected.) Sit in the stairs until the guy downstairs goes away, move up and sit in the corner to the left right beside the door. Ignore the loot under the stairs for now. Let the other guard pass, and go up the stairs. Let the patrol reach the door beside you. When he turns around, sneak up behind him and follow him. grab the suitcase on the shelf to the left, but careful not to accidentally stealth kill the guard in front of you (I did this once and face palmed). Crouch down to the left of the guard and let him turn around and miss you completely like we've practiced before. Enter the room and hack the al-samad flight records as fast as you can (before the guard comes back or you're toast - don't worry you have quite alot of time, some pts in hacking works well here though.) When you're done and listening to Mina drool over your leetness, sneak up to the left side of the door and wait for our friend, the guard. When he turns, follow him and just stay behind him until you see a gap and sneak past him to the corner outside where we waited before. Sneaking upstairs can be a bit messy, so have shadow operative reloaded and evasion too, for good measure. Wait for the guard(s) to turn away from the top of the stairs and crouch about half the room behind them until you flick Shadow operative and go outside the corridor, and out the door again. Get around the building (or through the roof access) until you're at the bottom of the stairs to the flight tower. Now, here you can either be risky and sneak past the patroling guard, using Silent Running to dash up the stairs when he isn't looking, or you can safe it and do a stealth take down on his hapless ass. Then proceed to going all the way up, flick shadow agent to safe it and stealth KD the samad elite at the top. Bug the tower and voila! You did it, you really did it.... save your game, get up from your computer and shake off the nerves.. breathe man.. breathe.

Now, how many reloads until you made it? For me, probably... erm.. 10? 15? And some swearing to boot. But it was pretty fun ;-p lot's of things can go wrong, so don't worry. Keep at it, and keep watching the Awareness arrows and simply reload if any of them turns yellow or red (because then you won't get the perk later, obviously).

I am having problem to get this achievement because of this:

in Taipei warehouse - the mission start with the G22 in front of the elevator with yellow awareness.

in CIA hotel i use the air conditioner and 2 agents are with yellow awareness.

I completed that mission the stealthy way including Saudi Arabia without problem but the only thing i got was the upgrade.

I got the perk after the Taipei warehouse, so yellow enemies aren't an issue.

Are you sure? I would think yellow counts as an "alerted enemy", which would negate the perk... there are two different Sneak perks like this with similar, but slightly different, requirements:

Unseen Presence

You completed 5 missions wherein you killed less than 5 enemies (including non-lethal takedowns), and no alarms were raised.

Effect: Enemy Sight Range -5%

One with the Shadows

In an impressive act of covert action, you completed 3 missions wherein less than 5 enemies were killed and no hostiles

became alerted to your presence.

Effect: Enemy Sight Range -5%