Alpha Protocol: The Movie

Weirdly enough with my mix of hair and groomed beard, my Thorton (look wise at least) reminds me of William Petersen in Michael Mann's 1986 film Manhunter (an adaption of Thomas Harris' Red Dragon novel).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 1 month later...
Well, really the ideal Michael Thorton would be something of a non-entity onto whom the audience could project themselves. That said, Alec Baldwin would be good as Leland with Clint Eastwood as Marburg.

Clint Eastwood as Marburg is as blasphemous as it gets. The man's man that taught a whole generation how to be men playing a spy queen, its just wrong.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well, really the ideal Michael Thorton would be something of a non-entity onto whom the audience could project themselves. That said, Alec Baldwin would be good as Leland with Clint Eastwood as Marburg.

Clint Eastwood as Marburg is as blasphemous as it gets. The man's man that taught a whole generation how to be men playing a spy queen, its just wrong.

Heh, could you imagine the aging Roger Moore playing Marburg as a straight role? More like an uber cynical version of the Saint then the light-hearted Bond they kept writing scripts for... :*

Although with Christopher Lee's background in the SOE during WW2 I wonder how he might play the part... although people might get stuck on thinking of him as Dracula/Dooku.....But mayhaps a bit too elderly now for Marburg.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Although with Christopher Lee's background in the SOE during WW2 I wonder how he might play the part... although people might get stuck on thinking of him as Dracula/Dooku.....But mayhaps a bit too elderly now for Marburg.
Nah, he looks too noble to be Marburg.

Nah, he looks too noble to be Marburg.

But he can do intense professional like nobodies business... Not that you get to see it a lot in most roles he plays :*

Christopher Lee has kind of aged out of the part. But given that a movie will never be made of Alpha Protocol that doesn't mean you can't say that Christopher Lee would have been great for the part about fifteen years ago. I don't know if I'd say that but it's just as valid as any other casting option.

Speaking of actors who've aged out of a role, Steve Buscemi would have been perfect for Stephen Heck about twenty years ago.

*sniff* Sorry, bro.

Hm, Mark Harmon might make a good Marburg... sort of the Evil-Gibbs approach..

Although if you're also using people from tv.. the guy in Burn Notice to play another Michael might be crossing the wires a bit too much.. :ermm:

Hm, Clooney might make an interesting Leland... although that might be bias from Syriana.

Or.. .. John Cusack .. I'm getting flashes of a non-spoofy War, Inc...