Weapon Modding results

Mod Project 01 - More accurate weapons

First off let me state that I know AP is a RPG and in an RPG you buy stuff and build up your gear overtime. Now, this is fun and all your first time thru it, but when you are replaying you just want to have fun and have weapons that work properly. Thats what this mod aims to do, but more than that. This is just a video showing results that can be modded thru ini's

You can watch the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXCSzvxWIsg

I don't mean to spam or "troll" as one guy put it in a previous thread, but I figured some people might find the results of ini editing interesting.

The real question is do you want to be in the action or sitting behind a box looking at a target and waiting 4-5 seconds while you get a red crosshair and it lines up. I never use critical shot, because I think you should be in the action and not sitting behind a crate waiting for the crosshair to go red.

Still, nice little mod. Although long range sniping with pistol just seems weird.

P.S.

Post modification somewhere so others could try it. As well as instructions of how to do it yourself.

Edited by player1

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.

Mod Project 01 - More accurate weapons

First off let me state that I know AP is a RPG and in an RPG you buy stuff and build up your gear overtime. Now, this is fun and all your first time thru it, but when you are replaying you just want to have fun and have weapons that work properly. Thats what this mod aims to do, but more than that. This is just a video showing results that can be modded thru ini's

You can watch the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXCSzvxWIsg

I don't mean to spam or "troll" as one guy put it in a previous thread, but I figured some people might find the results of ini editing interesting.

The real question is do you want to be in the action or sitting behind a box looking at a target and waiting 4-5 seconds while you get a red crosshair and it lines up. I never use critical shot, because I think you should be in the action and not sitting behind a crate waiting for the crosshair to go red.

Sniper, I never said anything about trolling dude. You've joined modding conversation with post full of complaints about weapon system in the game, and that's what pissed me off - complaints. Because there's just enough complaints all over the web about how crappy weapon system to tolerate someone complaining about it in modding thread.

If you would start conversation how you did it here - I wouldn't react as I did back there. Because I also think that "its your game and you play it the way you want to", as Blackwolfe stated. That's the purpose of modding after all, no?

Talking about DIY - I think that he changed values in APWeaponStats.ini in AccuracyTable section. All functions in that section are rather self-explainable. Either that or in DefaultWeaponStats.ini, unless he figured out how to change actual weapon tables in packs - which could be more than interesting.

Edited by MarteenDee

Marteen is correct that they are ini edits and BTW marteen I tried your engine.ini for high end pc's which was a huge improvement over the default setup. My game runs very smooth.

Sorry about the complaints in your other thread. Now with that said here are the edits for 1 shot 1 kill and better accuracy

Obviously this is the 1 shot 1 kill

DamageTable[0]=(Damage=100),DamageTable[1]=(Damage=100)

There are 31 tables, the easiest way to find the table codes is to find the default ammunition of a gun. Say 12 for a .45 Hamilton

Start with the first ammo table that has 12 as the clip size and change it to 1, on the next table with an ammo of 12 change that to 2 and so on. Now load AP and look at the gun clip, it won't showup properly under inventory.

Inventory is hard coded I believe, because in all my ini editing I noticed the values never updated.

Now onto the second part Accuracy

For the most accurate weapons you can get you use this value setup

),AccuracyTable[27]=(SpreadMinFiringDegrees=0,SpreadMaxFiringDegrees=0,SpreadRet

urnRate=0,VisualSpreadMin=0,VisualSpreadMax=0),

I also use these tweaks since I already beat my first campaign on default stuff

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=0,APGained=30,SkillCap=10,SpecialSkillCap=15)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=0,APGained=20,SkillCap=10,SpecialSkillCap=15)

What does this do? It automatically gives you level 20 and allows you to boost all of your skills to 10 leaving approximately 4 ap left over. I don't consider it a cheat, because I did my first playthru the right way.

Finally the last tweak I use

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=SUPPRESSION_STEALTH_ARMOR0,Noise_Suppression=4)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=SUPPRESSION_STEALTH_ARMOR1,Noise_Suppression=4)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=SUPPRESSION_STEALTH_ARMOR2,Noise_Suppression=4)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=SUPPRESSION_STEALTH_ARMOR3,Noise_Suppression=4)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=SUPPRESSION_STEALTH_LURKER_PERK,Noise_Suppression=1)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=NOISE_ADD_OVERCLOCKED_PUCK,Noise_Suppression=-2)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=NOISE_ADD_COMBAT_ARMOR0,Noise_Suppression=4)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=NOISE_ADD_COMBAT_ARMOR1,Noise_Suppression=4)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=NOISE_ADD_COMBAT_ARMOR2,Noise_Suppression=4)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=NOISE_ADD_COMBAT_ARMOR3,Noise_Suppression=4)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=NOISE_ADD_TECH_ARMOR0,Noise_Suppression=4)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=NOISE_ADD_TECH_ARMOR1,Noise_Suppression=4)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=NOISE_ADD_TECH_ARMOR2,Noise_Suppression=4)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=NOISE_ADD_TECH_ARMOR3,Noise_Suppression=4)

The 4 bold lines are new to the ini, but they work for what I want them to. I am not a fan of the stealth outfits by appearance way too much pads on them, but when I use them I want them to work properly. I primarily wear tech (swat/utility) and combat armor (interceptor/combat).

When I start a new game after already completing a career I want the best armor and guns available since I already beat the game once before. I would be starting a new career, but as an experience field operative.

Those are all of the tweaks I use, enjoy.

BTW a pistol is used at close range and is accurate up close. The accuracy mod was never meant for sniping, it was intended for accuracy in cqb areas. I wouldn't see a problem with any bullet hitting that door from a pistol in real life, but I could be wrong. I only own a mossberg 500 pump, so I am not sure if the spread is accurate.

I guess due to accuracy it could be used for sniping, but that wasn't its intention in the mod. I use a pistol when I am sneaking around and an assault rifle for long to medium range encounters still.

I will check back on this thread later on tonight, take care all.

Edited by SNIPER231JRC

I don't have a problem with the accuracy. Have you found a way to boost the damage for all weapons? On hard level I shoot people 6 times-- and I do hit them as I hear the sound and they react to it-- and they don't go down. I would rather boost damage of the pistol and SMG at least 20% and not make it 1 shot 1 kill. That would be too easy unless you find a way to spawn more enemies.

Do you need to start a new game after editing? I gave every class the ability to heal and gave them beserkability but I don't notice much in the way of changes.

Edited by Spydude

nice idea but it change completely the way that AP should be played . That is why i love AP because the gameplay is very different to others RPG/TPS. In this game you need think before act.

Edited by Alpha

nice idea but it change completely the way that AP should be played . That is why i love AP because the gameplay is very different to others RPG/TPS. In this game you need think before act.

I agree mostly, but it would be nice if the pistol and SMG could do some damage when you hit an enemy. This isn't Gears of War. The people that complain about accuracy expect headshots from 60 feet with a pistol and don't know what spread is. The game forces you to use stealth skills and chain shot and I would like to play without those with more realistic weapon damage. The game could be fun that way especially after you have beat the game 2-3 times.

Cool stuff. Eventually, if you mod weapons to be 'fps-accurate', you'll need to edit other things in the game to balance it, though - e.g. active abilities, enemy strength, AI.

Exactly. I just edited the bottom damage to 25 from 20 and I will see how that does. I edited the guards ability to heal but haven't noticed much on that so far. You can easily edit the damage they do as well. There appears to be some levelling buit into the game as the variable SDL which adds health,damage and clipsize to the enemy for each level you get. So basically most things are editable.

Edited by Spydude

@Tigranes - Very true that it needs to be balanced.

I see your point, I normally counter 1 shot 1 kill with this. Having the player weapons powerful, then having these powerful balances it in my opinion and it forces the player to be extremely selective on engagements.

Here is an example of player weaponary

DamageTable[0]=(Damage=100),DamageTable[1]=(Damage=100)

AccuracyTable[27]=(SpreadMinFiringDegrees=0,SpreadMaxFiringDegrees=0,SpreadRet

urnRate=0,VisualSpreadMin=0,VisualSpreadMax=0)

Now here is the counter to balancing it or atleast the way I do it. APAIWeapons.ini

AIWeaponsSettings=(WeaponSettings=((WeapType=BASEWEAPON_PISTOL,Damage=100

AIWeaponsSettings=(WeaponSettings=((WeapType=BASEWEAPON_SHOTGUN,Damage=100

AIWeaponsSettings=(WeaponSettings=((WeapType=BASEWEAPON_ASSAULTRIFLE,Damage=100

AIWeaponsSettings=(WeaponSettings=((WeapType=BASEWEAPON_SMG,Damage=100

Doing this allows the player to take one shot or maybe two at max. Then its the slowmo death animation. There is alot of ai settings you can mod to further balance the game, but those are in apaiclasses.ini

@spydude you don't have to use 1 shot 1 kill, just play with damage values and see what works for you.

================================================================================

FOR THOSE WHO WANT A FAST WAY TO PROPERLY REPLACE VALUES IN NOTEPAD ++ vs 1 at a time... Follow these steps

I just found this thru trial and error 2-3 minutes ago, but it vastly improves modding times.

I wish I would have known this last night as I edited all 31 tables by hand 1 at a time.

Notepad ++ Find and replace option (Searching for single digit damage values)

Steps 1 (Replace - Check box wrap around and check box regular expression)

Find: Damage=[0-9]

Replace all:Damage=100

Now you will notice that it replaces the single digits damage values with 100

However it makes double digits into a damage of 1000-1009, why it adds the 100 before the double digits I don't know. However there is a fix for this.

We want to change this, so we need to do another find and replace all function within the program.

Find all 4 digit numbers: Damage=1[0-9][0-9][0-9]

Replace all with: Damage=100

These two steps alone are a very fast way to mod a complete damage table with two replace clicks and you are done. The same methods can be applied for accuracy and other tables.

I figured some people would appreciate this, since modifying 1 table at time by x4 and scrolling thru wrap around text is truly a pain. When I was editing in notepad ++ I had an issue with everytime I tried to copy over each line it would scroll to the very front or end of my document completely away from where I wanted to update the value.

Edited by SNIPER231JRC

I edit both to make sure they match

my version is steam and I can't tell you how many times verify integrity cache has saved me. It replaces all files back to original should you mess up. Ini edits normally don't function on steam versions, so you have to use a retail version no cd exe file.

Edited by SNIPER231JRC

Sorry for a double post here, but I felt that this needed its own reply since its an actual uploaded file and new video

Alright here it is

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rk1ntjzik2y/Alpha Protocol (Accuracy Tweak).zip://http://www.mediafire.com/file/rk1nt...racy Tweak).zip://http://www.mediafire.com/file/rk1nt...racy Tweak).zip://http://www.mediafire.com/file/rk1nt...racy Tweak).zip://http://www.mediafire.com/file/rk1nt...racy Tweak).zip://http://www.mediafire.com/file/rk1nt...racy Tweak).zip://http://www.mediafire.com/file/rk1nt...racy Tweak).zip://http://www.mediafire.com/file/rk1nt...racy Tweak).zip

Extract the contents into your

Users\(YourName)\Documents\Alpha Protocol\APGame\Config - Overwrite the file when it asks you to.

Be sure to make a backup of all your ini files before you replace something.

I got rid of the one shot one kill gameplay and I now use this version. I prefer it more to what I was using. ENJOY!

I tweaked the accuracy and set better crosshairs based on the weapon and range.

Just so you know, the pistol is not nor was it even intended to be used as medium range weapon. It is modded for CQB shooting. You can see the video of the updated version here... I like the new crosshairs 10x better than my last version.

HD Video link by itself:

Alpha Protocol Accuracy Mod HD

Video quality will be high in 720P 1280x720 once youtube is done processing it.

-Back to my mass effect 2 projects...

Edited by SNIPER231JRC

Too accurate on your mod video. I barely see a 6 inch spread with full auto. Could you work on a realistic version that is somewhere between yours and vanilla? Double the default damage and double the default accuracy for starters. Mostly just for pistol and SMG and lower level shotguns possibly. I think you would like that better. Some challenge is always nice.

But good work anyway. I think I'll download it and peek at the files.

Edit: I only see that you edited it to have 0 spread, and changed default 450 to 10. lol 45 times more accurate. I think editing the mydocuments files doesn't work. I changed the damage and it is the same. 9 confirmed hits to the body in Saudi Arabia with the default pistol and silencer. Critical headshots do kill, but when you get to the second hub they no longer kill with the first shot. Part of the problem is the levelling enemies as when you get to level 5-6 they have 50% more health and your pistol is still the same or maybe 10-20% more powerful. AI and weapons will have to be edited if you want to make the game more like splinter cell or whatever. I do think it would be a cool mod to have.

Edited by Spydude

While it was fun for a few minutes having 0 as the spread degrees made it way too easy. I just got done playing the whole 4 saudi missions again. I may make another version, but right now I have other projects which I am working on (Mass Effect 2 Black Blood Dragon/Black Inferno/Black Cerberus Armor)

Feel free to tweak the file and re-upload your settings for others to use. I would like to see various gun accuracy as the game ages so that the player can choose between accuracies that suit them. In my mass effect 2 mod for instance I made 9 different versions of one mod so that it suits different types of players.

Also as it turns out modding damage was a mixup

I personaly don't like the timers or the mini-games for hacking a computer or bypassing an alarm, some people may enjoy it. I use something for that (Freeze timers or I simply go and click unlimited grenades, which automatically sets my emp to 99 once I switch to that gadget.

My timer starts at 7 seconds ( Thats 7 seconds to find two codes and click on both of them, before an alarm is sounded. Rediculous and if they just happen to change twice then it sounds an alarm. It takes 2 seconds of scanning or more to find the code, then another 2-3 seconds to get your code block over it. I am told that the actual time is supposed to be 25, but I always get 7.

With that said, I also found out that the damage was caused by a button I press during activation of the app. This sets all weapon damage to 100 or more. Sorry for the confusion, but as it turns out damage isn't increased by ini. The app I use for timers and mini-games controlled it.

I will upload a video showing you how fast my timers are in the game and you tell me if you could deactive them in all of 7 seconds especially with a jumpy mouse control that goes everywhere, but the code block that you want it to.

Timer video - Okay I just recorded a video of it and its 13, but still its almost impossible

See how fast the security prootcol line at the bottom is updating?

This is the way my timers have always been ever since I first launched AP

video showing default of my timers in alpha protocol - always

Edited by SNIPER231JRC

Here is some weapon data to show the differences in guns (first 20 accuracy tables recorded for comparison so i can find a baseline for my accuracy mod. Should help other modders with their projects too)

SpreadDegreesMin | SpreadDegreesMax

5 | 10

4.75 | 11

3 | 12 (Rittergrupen Razor Tier 3 Pistol - Best Guess)

7.5 | 13.5

7.25 | 13

7.25 | 12.75

7 | 12.5

7 | 12.25

6.5 | 12

6.5 | 11.7

6.25 | 11.5

6.25 | 11.2

6 | 11

4.6 | 10.45

6 | 10.7

4.5 | 10.175

5.75 | 10.5

4.3 | 9.9

5.75 10.2

4.25 | 9.35

4 | 9.5

5.5 | 10

5.5 | 9.7

4.1 | 12

3.5 | 9.25

5.25 | 9.5

4 | 11.5

3.25 | 9

5.25 | 9.2

3.9 | 11

3 | 8.5 (Rittergruppen Fauchard Teir 2 AR - Best Guess)

5 | 9

3.8 | 10.5

2.5 | 9.5 (Rittergruppen Halberd Teir 3 AR - Best Guess)

2.7 | 10 (Intel Sniper Rifle on Location - Best guess)

5 | 8.5

3.7 | 10

2.3 | 9.25

Individual weapon stats

http://alphaprotocol.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Gear

Alpha Protocol Accuracy Mod v02a

-2 Saved checkpoints with my gear setup for those of us who have already beat the game once before. Load the two checkpoints and have my gear and weapon setup good to go from saudi arabia safehouse with all 4 missions unplayed. >_<

I keep this for new game restarts - I am packaging it with the mod so that it will be downloadable just incase I were to lose it.

-3 Config files

Bigger reticules and slight spread to bullets vs being 100% accurate as it was in version 01a

Alpha Protocol Accuracy Mod v02a

-2 Saved checkpoints with my gear setup for those of us who have already beat the game once before. Load the two checkpoints and have my gear and weapon setup good to go from saudi arabia safehouse with all 4 missions unplayed. :)

I keep this for new game restarts - I am packaging it with the mod so that it will be downloadable just incase I were to lose it.

-3 Config files

Bigger reticules and slight spread to bullets vs being 100% accurate as it was in version 01a

I get insane (less than 1 sec) timers on hacking with the leveling tables you provided (instant max level). Makes it impossible to get out of medical, and when I modified it with a 2000XP delay I forgot that there's one more necessary hack (the one in Parker's orientation course). I guess it gets somewhat fixed once you get the Integrated Circuits armor mod, but I'd rather just change the timers manually somehow. You say you do that - my question is, how?

While it was fun for a few minutes having 0 as the spread degrees made it way too easy. I just got done playing the whole 4 saudi missions again. I may make another version, but right now I have other projects which I am working on (Mass Effect 2 Black Blood Dragon/Black Inferno/Black Cerberus Armor)

Feel free to tweak the file and re-upload your settings for others to use. I would like to see various gun accuracy as the game ages so that the player can choose between accuracies that suit them. In my mass effect 2 mod for instance I made 9 different versions of one mod so that it suits different types of players.

Also as it turns out modding damage was a mixup

I personaly don't like the timers or the mini-games for hacking a computer or bypassing an alarm, some people may enjoy it. I use something for that (Freeze timers or I simply go and click unlimited grenades, which automatically sets my emp to 99 once I switch to that gadget.

My timer starts at 7 seconds ( Thats 7 seconds to find two codes and click on both of them, before an alarm is sounded. Rediculous and if they just happen to change twice then it sounds an alarm. It takes 2 seconds of scanning or more to find the code, then another 2-3 seconds to get your code block over it. I am told that the actual time is supposed to be 25, but I always get 7.

With that said, I also found out that the damage was caused by a button I press during activation of the app. This sets all weapon damage to 100 or more. Sorry for the confusion, but as it turns out damage isn't increased by ini. The app I use for timers and mini-games controlled it.

I will upload a video showing you how fast my timers are in the game and you tell me if you could deactive them in all of 7 seconds especially with a jumpy mouse control that goes everywhere, but the code block that you want it to.

Timer video - Okay I just recorded a video of it and its 13, but still its almost impossible

See how fast the security prootcol line at the bottom is updating?

This is the way my timers have always been ever since I first launched AP

video showing default of my timers in alpha protocol - always

So damage can't be increased through the ini but accuracy can? Have you edited any of the AI to see if it has an effect? If the levelling effect could be reduced it would be almost as good as increasing damage of the weapons.

Edited by Spydude

I use this program to get around timers (it freezes the extremely fast timers so you can actually hack them)

Either you can hit numpad keys 0, 9, . or simply switch to an emp charge then hit 8... After your done hitting numpad 8 hit home to deactivate the program totally.

I will not give you a direct link, but I will point you in the right direction (osidian may remove general direction url though, so be warned)

Look at the one also tagged as numpad -

I use 0,9.,and numpad - for what you saw in my first video.

Alpha Protocol Timer Fix and 100+ Damage

All I will tell you is the app itself is called +16 beyond that nothingelse.

This work for me as it freezes the timers and allows for numpad - option.

I have no desire to shoot someone 6-10 times before they fall and the fast timers are dang near impossible to get around.

You other option is delete aplevel.ini and re-launch the game... it will place a default one in there

Edited by SNIPER231JRC

One final video for you folks

Alpha Protocol Accuracy Mod Comparison video

This is a comparison video showing how the mod changes between the 3 versions. I can honestly say I am happy with the bullet spread and accuracy of v02a. Its not perfect aim like v01a was and it includes bullet spread.

In the video you see default accuracy, then v01a accuracy, and finally v02a accuracy.

I doubt I will change this mod anymore as it is now just the way I want it. Its fps style, but it also has good bullet spread while maintaining accuracy. You'll see a huge improvement over v01a.