Is the sniper supposed to be impossible to aim?

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Question

Seriously, this thing is incredibly unresponsive. It's not that the gun sways, that would have been fine, it,s that no matter how much you move your mouse the sniper decides to move twice as much. I can barely line up a shot.

Any help?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

9 answers to this question

I agree it's much MUCH too sensitive.

I usually ignore them, since their placement usually doesn't help either...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I feel that there are quite alot of diffrent parts of the game where the sensitivity of the mouse is either too low or too high. <3 having on the fly sensitivity change on the mouse or the sniper rifle would be too much of a pain to bother.

going to options and manually lowering sensitivity for pivital sniper action, like the darcy fight. Would be my recommendation if you don't have on the fly on your mouse.

I think I know what's the issue.

It seems that with normal sniper zoom, sensitivity is as good as with normal aiming. But if you zoom further is gets waaaaay too much sensitive.

Edited by player1

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.

It's not so much the sensitivity as it is the added mouse acceleration/smoothing/sway. It's all there to make it "harder" to snipe, but frankly it feels like an artificial challenge - the same as DICE making different weapons and vehicles have different mouse sensitivity in Bad Company 2. It might make some things feel "heavier" than others, but it also imposes a very artificial limit on the player's own ability. Less of an issue in an RPG, except that Alpha Protocol doesn't have a "sniping" skill tree, so there's no way to improve your aim.

Really, it comes down to them optimising the controls for a gamepad and then directly mapping analogue stick controls to mouse movements, just like the hacking mini-game. Welcome to the world of medicore PC ports. At least we can remap keys and aren't stuck with Xbox buttons in the menus...

Edited by sea

I'm finding an irritating issue in the Al-Bara mission where the rifle completely spazzes when aiming toward the "middle" of the map (the gate in the first part, for example). Also, I'm having issue when scanning certain possible targets in the second part of the mission where the crosshairs refuse to move from the scanned target. I can zoom in/out and the crosshairs automatically track the target, but complete nada otherwise. Any known fixes?