Israel

Dark_Raven

I missed that thread, a shame really.

The Israeli oppression of Palestinians is just incredible. This act of piracy in international waters is just unreal. Of course the USA is taking the "China" stance when it comes to their so called buddys. No can't condemn them even though most of the world is. The USA has to look at the facts and other BS before they can offer an opinion. We could have looked good to the Arab world by condemning Israel but no we can't do that. A lost oppurtunity. We and China have something in common. We have a little buddy that most of the world dislikes but we don't do anything to them for causing unneeded conflicts or unjustified actions.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I'm of the opinion that if Palestinian terrorist organizations had stopped targeting Israeli civilians 10 years ago they would have been immeasurably closer to their goal of full independence and statehood, just sayin'. They are and have been shooting themselves in the foot.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

True. I in no way support terrorist type actions be it an underground unit or a state. But in the end its the inoccent civilians who have to suffer.

Bulldozing houses whether people are inside or not or piracy on the high seas are not good examples of a country trying to bring peace to the Middle East.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

That one started out as news, moved on to become a (more or less) mature discussion, and got locked because of personal attacks. I hope this one won't suffer the same fate.

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

That one started out as news, moved on to become a (more or less) mature discussion, and got locked because of personal attacks. I hope this one won't suffer the same fate.

This one shows much more promise, though. I mean, assimilating Israel to NK? That's as serious and mature as debating gets, mate.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Oh goodie. Another let's-bash-Israel thread, because we can never have enough of those and they always end on such a positive note!

This.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

That Israel v. Palestine inevitably ends up in trench warfare with nothing but regurgitation of existing prejudice is on us.

We discuss things here, so learn how to do it properly. You start from the middle ground, something that everyone can agree on, and then work yourself argument by argument to your standpoint.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

That Israel v. Palestine inevitably ends up in trench warfare with nothing but regurgitation of existing prejudice is on us.

We discuss things here, so learn how to do it properly. You start from the middle ground, something that everyone can agree on, and then work yourself argument by argument to your standpoint.

Just like when painting your floor. Start in the middle and then work your ways towards the corner. Oh, wait... :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"I'm of the opinion that if Palestinian terrorist organizations had stopped targeting Israeli civilians 10 years ago they would have been immeasurably closer to their goal of full independence and statehood, just sayin'."

The problem with this theory, that's only part of Hamas' goal. Another major goal is the total destruction of Isreal. As long as theya re the democractically elected government of Palestine, it's kinda hard for Isreal to take them seriously in 'peace' negotations.

The comaprison of Isreal to NK is laughable in so many levels though. Can anyone really take such a comment seriously?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hamas is not the only player. PLFP, Al Aqsa brigade. Besides, it's more of a rallying call, a show of defiance if you will. It's like when Churchill called for the 'unconditional surrender' of the Third Reich while the outcome was still very much in doubt.

Hyperbole is the norm in Arab politics and when the goal is a competition of who can be the most 'hardcore' in standing up to Israel, this is what you get. The call for the destruction of Israel is not an official part of the Hamas political platform.

here you go, a wiki page.

I direct you to the following quote :

The charter's current status within Hamas is unclear. For example, Mousa Abu Marzook, the deputy of the political bureau of Hamas, in 2007 described the charter as "an essentially revolutionary document born of the intolerable conditions under occupation" in 1988. Senior British diplomat and former British ambassador to the UN Sir Jeremy Greenstock stated in early 2009 that the Hamas charter was "drawn up by a Hamas-linked imam some [twenty] years ago and has never been adopted since Hamas was elected as the Palestinian government in 2006". Greenstock also stated that Hamas is not intent on the destruction of Israel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Hmm...#US - #China=#Israel - #North Korea. I'm sure there're other interesting numerological facts.

It's also interesting that Scandinavia is always in the top of every good chart.. Maybe we should rule the world? It would apparently be a lot more peaceful :lol:

On topic..

I think it's a shame that Britain didn't go with Theodor Herzl alternative plan and had Israel buy lands in Argentina (or was it Chile?).. That would have solved a lot of problems.

Fortune favors the bald.

On topic..

I think it's a shame that Britain didn't go with Theodor Herzl alternative plan and had Israel buy lands in Argentina (or was it Chile?).. That would have solved a lot of problems.

Why would they've agreed to that? Israel is their Canaan.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Hmm...#US - #China=#Israel - #North Korea. I'm sure there're other interesting numerological facts.

It's also interesting that Scandinavia is always in the top of every good chart.. Maybe we should rule the world? It would apparently be a lot more peaceful :lol:

Australasia would give you guys a good run for your money.

I said it in the last thread and I'll say it again: Israel aggressive foreign policy is not sustainable and will end in an all out war with the Arab world (again). Ending the discrimination against non-Jews and the apartheid against Palestinians is a top priority if they want to last more than a decade.

I said it in the last thread and I'll say it again: Israel aggressive foreign policy is not sustainable and will end in an all out war with the Arab world (again). Ending the discrimination against non-Jews and the apartheid against Palestinians is a top priority if they want to last more than a decade.

Um, call me anal for getting bogged down in details, but didn't Israel thrash the Arab world last time this happened? :*

Um, call me anal for getting bogged down in details, but didn't Israel thrash the Arab world last time this happened? :*

I don't know if they'd have the same support they did back then.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

If anything, Israel has more support now than then. They pretty much defeated the entire Arab world on their own in '67.

Imo, best thing to happen for peace right now is for Israel to invade and capture half of Syria and make it the new Palestine.

They actually came very close to Damascus in the Yom Qippur war. Would've solved a lot of problems if they had continued... it's pretty similar to G.W. Bush bailing out from attacking Baghdad in '91.

I'm pretty sure USA doesn't want to open up another front and things are pretty different from the 60's. Israel might have superior weapons, but their edge isn't as huge as it used to be.