RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!, just a dumping ground

I hope the Witcher 2 won't have the importing of saves, since I lost all my Witcher 1 saves when I had to format my HDD.

Wasn't there talk about a canon ending for the game anyway?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I hope the Witcher 2 won't have the importing of saves, since I lost all my Witcher 1 saves when I had to format my HDD.

Wasn't there talk about a canon ending for the game anyway?

Actually, it will.

They can just as easily give you a 'KOTOR2/ME2' type of introduction to decide on previous choices in case you don't have a save though.

From what I remember from Witcher 2 previews, though, the Order of the Red Rose was destroyed (nullifying one ending of the Witcher if you went the Order route) and the fact that Triss is with Geralt in Witcher 2 nullifies another ending (where she becomes Foltest's court sorceress if Geralt went the neutral route).

But I can't exactly imagine the Scoia'tael route to be canon either... :(

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

From what I remember from Witcher 2 previews, though, the Order of the Red Rose was destroyed (nullifying one ending of the Witcher if you went the Order route) and the fact that Triss is with Geralt in Witcher 2 nullifies another ending (where she becomes Foltest's court sorceress if Geralt went the neutral route).

But I can't exactly imagine the Scoia'tael route to be canon either... :(

Well, it's King Foltest sending Geralt on a mission. He could have sent Triss too, just to keep him in check.

As for the Scoia'tael, why not? You always ended up with the same cutscene in the end game.

Same with the Order of the Rose, in the end you still fight its leader

time-traveler Alvin I believe?

, so.. yeah.

Hunted : The Demon's Forge gameplay.

Can't say I'm thrilled.

EDIT : And another and another gameplay video.

I think it looks rather good. Beautiful and atmospheric. I didn't like the voice of the male character though.

I imagine it'll be a very entertaining co-op game.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

EA Maxis to announce Spore-based SF action RPG at Comic-Con

VIDEO GAME REVEAL: MAXIS STUDIO

July 24, 2010 6:00PM - 7:00PM @ Room 3

Maxis Studio (The Sims and Spore video games) has just announced their next project, a brand new, Sci-Fi Action-RPG based on the DNA of Spore. Join key leads from the dev team, Thomas Vu, Paul Sottosanti and Lauren McHugh, for the first game reveal to the public!

Type 1: Programs

I'll keep an eye on Hunted. Not sure if I'll pay full price or wait for some Steam sale, but it definitely shows potential.

Ditto.

I don't think the graphics were anything special, but it does look like it might be a fun co-op game. Maybe one hubby & I could run around with.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/...ind-of-a-Reboot

Uhh..great?

"The experience will be the same on PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. The same mechanics - everything is the same,"
Don't they know that saying this is a bad omen?

So I've been playing League of Legends for the past few months. It's a sort of free DotA game that expanded on the formula and it's just entered Season 1 (read: major update). They also just released a

. No idea Riot had the team for this.

Add me if you want to play: WILLTHEALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

So I've been playing League of Legends for the past few months. It's a sort of free DotA game that expanded on the formula and it's just entered Season 1 (read: major update). They also just released a
. No idea Riot had the team for this.

Add me if you want to play: WILLTHEALMIGHTY

I'll get the game later.