RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!, just a dumping ground

Enjoy posting comments like this quote all over the forum before DS3 ships and OEI shuts down.

Huh? It's not like me not posting comments will change the situation much, and you, as one that browses many forums to scavenge news, should know it better than me.

I've faith that Obsidian can do better games than what they've done until now, and of course, for now they've got their bases covered, but it's not like me having faith in them will magically make them uber-succesful. :o

So, Why did you post nearly same comments as that quote again and again and again and again at this forum as well as GB and RPGW forum?

So, Why did you post nearly same comments as that quote again and again and again and again at this forum as well as GB and RPGW forum?

Huh? Because it's what I think?

I didn't know there was a law that barred me from doing it. Sorry funcroc, next time I'll respect your vigilante wishes and won't post anything about Obsidian. :o

Huh? Because it's what I think?

I didn't know there was a law that barred me from doing it. Sorry funcroc, next time I'll respect your vigilante wishes and won't post anything about Obsidian. :o

No need to do that. Do what you want to do and I'll do what I want to do.

Voiced protagonist.

With another incredibly bad voice actor as in Mass Effect and Alpha Protocol?

I can't see this going well.

Meh.

The obsession of BioWare with full voice acting.. it's not like people didn't buy Fallout 3 or Oblivion because the protagonist wasn't voiced. :o

You take that back!

Jennifer Hale was awesome.

I'm wholeheartedly for voiced protagonists, makes the game feel more like coherent experience instead of you making queries and getting responses from a dialog vending machine.

EDIT: we actually had a thread about that in the Developer's Corner a while back.

Edited by Purkake

You take that back!

Jennifer Hale was awesome.

Standard shep is still MaleShep though, and if I choose a female character, I'll do that because I want to, not because bad voice acting forces me (though to his credit, the voice actor that worked on Thorton generally did a better job than Mark Meer in Mass Effect).

I'm not against voice acted dialogues by the way, I just don't want to see it becoming an industry standard, especially in games where I think it doesn't fit (as Dragon Age).

[P.S. : By better games I mean less buggy games with more polished controls and things like that. While a lot of the design decisions are debatable about games like NWN2 and Alpha Protocol, no one can argue that the games look particularly good visually or that they have a good control scheme/camera.

I can, they were fine.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

You can be female. I would of liked to see the ****storm that followed a predetermined male character announcement.

EDIT : Predetermined character? Why, just... there's really no reason to do that.

Voiced protagonist.

Or more like very harsh deadline by EA :shifty:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

The Witcher 2 is coming out in that timeframe too, and it's not like this October isn't full of blockbuster titles that will compete and probably sell better than Fallout : New Vegas.

The only thing Obsidian has to do is to make better games than what they've made until now, simple enough.

Otherwise they'll probably die as a company, considering I doubt a publisher would be interested in a developer that develops game destined to tank and to be appreciated only by a couple of guys on some obscure forum.

Witcher 2 and Dragon Age 2 are single player games, so DS3 will benefit for having multiplayer. Not that it would be smart for all 3 games to be released in short time period... And more than likely Dragon Age 2 will pretty much dominate the other two in sales. EA's massive marketing and BioWare's reputation kinda guarantee that. But since we still don't know a lot (nothing) about DS3, who knows how well it will do.

FNV has about 203k preorders so far in USA alone for consoles and pc. True, it cannot compete with CoD: Black Ops, nothing can. Lemmings will buy that game no matter what since it has CoD in it. I would imagine those preorder numbers will only go up once the final marketing push starts. That could/should guarentee Obsidian another shot with Fallout.

Predicting Obsidian's death is "a bit" premature and harsh if you ask me. They still got 3 games being worked on, ****loads of ideas to use and Feargus seems like a guy with one billion connections in the gaming world :shifty:

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

Predicting Obsidian's death is "a bit" premature and harsh if you ask me. They still got 3 games being worked on, ****loads of ideas to use and Feargus seems like a guy with one billion connections in the gaming world :shifty:

What I said is that Obsidian probably will die if they continue releasing unpolished games, with design problems and that most of the press feels are 'unfinished'.

As for Dragon Age 2, we don't actually know if it will have multiplayer or not at this point.

DA 2 is sounding more and more like Fable 1.

Yeah, I waiting for the announcement that you can marry NPCs. :shifty:

Witcher 2 and Dragon Age 2 are single player games, so DS3 will benefit for having multiplayer. Not that it would be smart for all 3 games to be released in short time period... And more than likely Dragon Age 2 will pretty much dominate the other two in sales. EA's massive marketing and BioWare's reputation kinda guarantee that. But since we still don't know a lot (nothing) about DS3, who knows how well it will do.

Both Witcher 2 and DS3 will be moved back. Just like Bio would move back a launch coinciding with TES5.

As for Dragon Age 2, we don't actually know if it will have multiplayer or not at this point.

Chris Priestly confirmed it was a SPRPG.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Robot Entertainment (former Ensemble employees) allegedly working on PC RTS "Spartan" with MS. Click

MS doing a PC exclusive? That's a new one. Now they only need to buy Robot and lay them off years later to complete the MS dumbass cycle.

Edit: I still can't forgive MS for shutting down such an excellent studio. Ensemble were the only ones that made competitive RTS games besides Blizzard that I really loved.

Edited by Morgoth

Robot Entertainment (former Ensemble employees) allegedly working on PC RTS "Spartan" with MS. Click

MS doing a PC exclusive? That's a new one. Now they only need to buy Robot and lay them off years later to complete the MS dumbass cycle.

Edit: I still can't forgive MS for shutting down such an excellent studio. Ensemble were the only ones that made competitive RTS games besides Blizzard that I really loved.

Look at the poster thing before getting too excited:

500x_spartan.jpg

Big Huge Games RPG "Project Mercury" will be reveiled at Comic Con on July 22th. Click

*Fingers crossed*

"McFarlane will be on-hand, along with the game's lead designer Ken Rolston and its executive creator, R.A. Salvatore."

Salvatore did writing for Demon Stone, which was a pretty fun but shallow game. Rolston was the lead for Oblivion. I'll keep an eye on this.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Jarlaxle in Ust Natha was another R.A. Salvatore creation. That annoying guy that tricks you into killing a lich.

Not to mention Crenshinibon, one of Icewind Dale's plot devices.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Big Huge Games RPG "Project Mercury" will be reveiled at Comic Con on July 22th. Click

*Fingers crossed*

Looking forward to it. The design team of Project Mercury is being led by ex-Bethesda devs (Oblivion, Fallout 3) and ex-Iron Lore dev (Titan Quest, DoW: Soulstorm)