RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!, just a dumping ground

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/9010...7u4rvsn?show=hi

*hides*

Disclaimer: I can't talk about it.

More on this from Eurogamer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/bodycount-hands-on

---

I can see a slight homage or resemblance to Black.. but what distinguished Black from other shooters was the immense intensity of the combat scenes. When you fired your gun, on full auto of course, the screen immediately filled with fire, smoke, debris and twisted bodies flying everywhere! Also, the weapon sounds are still the best I've heard in any game. Black was a really simple shooter at heart, but the presentation made it a real joy just to pull the trigger of any weapon in the game and just watch the chaos that ensued.

I think it looks good for a game that early in production (Eurogamer says pre-alpha?), but the one thing I would really work on if I was involved is the explosions. They need to be much, much meatier. I want to see debris flying around, black and yellow smoke, I want to feel the ground shake! I'm pretty sure you're still working on details like that though.

By the way, Black was one of my favourite shooters of the last ten years or so. I might have too high hopes for this semi-sequel.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

*hides*

I found that preview was pretty bad in giving me an idea of what the devs are trying to accomplish with the game.. may be because I've never played Black but it felt very badly written.

Mass Effect 2 demo released.

Probably everyone of you as either already bought the game or is skipping it, but I'm downloading it right now.

It'll put things in perspective as to when I should buy this game (I doubt the game can be so bad that I don't want to get it :p) and whether reducing the RPG-ness of the combat was a good or a bad thing.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

*hides*

---

I can see a slight homage or resemblance to Black.. but what distinguished Black from other shooters was the immense intensity of the combat scenes. When you fired your gun, on full auto of course, the screen immediately filled with fire, smoke, debris and twisted bodies flying everywhere! Also, the weapon sounds are still the best I've heard in any game. Black was a really simple shooter at heart, but the presentation made it a real joy just to pull the trigger of any weapon in the game and just watch the chaos that ensued.

I think it looks good for a game that early in production (Eurogamer says pre-alpha?), but the one thing I would really work on if I was involved is the explosions. They need to be much, much meatier. I want to see debris flying around, black and yellow smoke, I want to feel the ground shake! I'm pretty sure you're still working on details like that though.

By the way, Black was one of my favourite shooters of the last ten years or so. I might have too high hopes for this semi-sequel.

http://www.destructoid.com/bodycount-is-al...s--176303.phtml

I can't say much past, the VFX lead, worked on Black, as the VFX lead... And that everything is first iteration.

It's not even late pre-alpha, we're some distance off alpha.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Probably everyone of you as either already bought the game or is skipping it, but I'm downloading it right now.

It'll put things in perspective as to when I should buy this game (I doubt the game can be so bad that I don't want to get it :p) and whether reducing the RPG-ness of the combat was a good or a bad thing.

Oh, it's a great game. Highly recommended.

It'll put things in perspective as to when I should buy this game (I doubt the game can be so bad that I don't want to get it :() and whether reducing the RPG-ness of the combat was a good or a bad thing.

The combat is awful and the mini games atrocious, but overall the game is better than the sum of its parts. Well worth playing a few times :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The combat is awful and the mini games atrocious, but overall the game is better than the sum of its parts. Well worth playing a few times :(

So it's Alpha Protocol IN SPACE? :sorcerer:o:)

Seriously, tried the demo yesterday.. talk about bad first impressions.

Maybe it was because I was tired, but.. the game begins with unskippable cutscenes and tutorials? Really? I found the beginning of the first game much much better...

Also, I had some problems with taking cover, but they'll probably disappear when I get used to the control system.. it certainly feels much more like a TPS now, but I have to play some real missions before I can say if it's done well.

Oh, and I encountered my first bug! :sorcerer:

I don't know what version of the game the demo is based on but while I was trying to walk in a room I ended up walking.. on air.. for uhm.. no reason whatsoever? :ermm:

I don't know what version of the game the demo is based on but while I was trying to walk in a room I ended up walking.. on air.. for uhm.. no reason whatsoever? :sorcerer:

:ermm:

Happens every now and then, both indoors and outdoors. Try to stay away from "corners" or you might end up floating on air. I found the view from above quite spectacular at the Normandy Crash site :(

On the other hand, having finally cleared and endless stream of constantly respawning droids and getting stuck up in the air with no way down at the end of the warehouse wasn't one of the high points (pun unintended) :sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't know what version of the game the demo is based on but while I was trying to walk in a room I ended up walking.. on air.. for uhm.. no reason whatsoever? :sorcerer:

:ermm:

Happens every now and then, both indoors and outdoors. Try to stay away from "corners" or you might end up floating on air. I found the view from above quite spectacular at the Normandy Crash site :(

Cool... I guess. :sorcerer:

Demo was a wasted effort. Why bother with a demo months after the fact? Do it before or right when it comes out or not at all.

I honestly think they have a better idea of how to direct their resources, having access to market research and sales figures.

I'd say the sales have been tapering off and the demo+price cut is just them aggressively pursuing a wider audience. Not so much any of us here, as those who've just heard of the game, barely. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I am interested. Warhound, yay.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"I honestly think they have a better idea of how to direct their resources, having access to market research and sales figures."

I honestly believe you are wrong in your assessment. Even professional companies get it wrong from time tot ime. Shocking, I know, but definitely true.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

People are always gonna be "Why are they showing me action?? I only want to see dialogue because I believe that will make me seem intelligent and stuff!!1!", but in reality that makes a crappy and horribly boring trailer that noone would watch.

I've been playing The Precursors recently and recorded videos from it. Some of those videos contain me trying to go through dialogue trees and even though I am the one who uploaded the videos, they bore me to death.

People are always gonna be "Why are they showing me action?? I only want to see dialogue because I believe that will make me seem intelligent and stuff!!1!", but in reality that makes a crappy and horribly boring trailer that noone would watch.

You can give the game a couple of punch lines and simil-cutscenes without spoiling the story and while still showing action in the trailer.

Granted, AP and Mass Effect are cutscene oriented when it comes to dialogue, so it's easier to do than in Fallout...

wat iz PeeSee???

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Bah. I am still looking forward to Arcania (it's being shown at E3) and Risen 2 (Gamescom in Germany this autumn). PC gaming isn't going anywhere.

Risen 2 (Gamescom in Germany this autumn).

Wait, it's been confirmed?

Risen has been a load of fun, and was certainly more polished than your usual Pyranha Bytes game.

Assuming they maintain the good management skills they seem to have acquired, improve on the strong elements, and scrap the bad (the chapter structure that crammed too much content at the beginning and had little to none excluding the dungeon crawling near the end, the final boss fight..) it could turn out fantastic.

The PC won't die as long as Valve breathes!

Didn't you see the Sony conference? Valve just jumped into the PS3 ship :thumbsup:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours