Modding Alpha Protocol

Thanks, MarteenDee, tried your settings and I must say the game runs much smoother than before.

Can't really say I notice any difference visually, but then again, I'm just at Saudi Arabia.

Kudos! :sorcerer:

I'm happy tweaks are working for you.

Definitely, proper caching is doing its job. If you've used all settings visual difference isn't obvious but there is some. Especially in the way how shadows are cast and that they're less blocky and way smoother. Also slightly better textures in the distance.

It seems impossible to edit previous posts, so I'll make another list of changes with short explanation later.

I've modified my APEngine following your guidelines and it most of the stuttering issues.

I've almost not touched the shadows part, yet.

I'll have a look at the other settings and see what I can understand, then test.

In APGame.ini, it's pretty clear the following section can be modded to change the threshold for perk reception :

Of course, there are some spoilers.

[APGame.APRPG_AbilityManager]

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[0]=50 ;Demolitions Expert - Kill this many enemies with Explosive Grenades.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[1]=3 ;Orchestrated Carnage - Kill >= 3 AIs with a single Remote Mine in this many missions.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[2]=50 ;Shock and Awe - Kill this many enemies with Shock Traps.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[3]=25 ;Plan B: Kill it with Fire - Set this many enemies on fire with Incendiary gadgets.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[4]=50 ;Art of Incapacitation - Stun this many enemies with Flashbang grenades.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[5]=25 ;Electronic Warfare - Disable this many devices with EMP Charges.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[6]=2000 ;Self-Made Medic - Heal this much health with First Aid or Med Stations.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[7]=10 ;Major League Edge - Use at least one spike on this many missions.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[8]=5 ;Impersonation Artist - Call off this many alarms with Radio Mimics.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[9]=5 ;Taxpayer Money At Work - Fire Sound Generator at groin or head in this many missions.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[10]=5 ;Technophile: Use 6 unique gadgets per mission in this many missions.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[11]=100 ;Building a Deadlier Mousetrap - Detonate this many mines or placed traps.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[12]=50 ;Perfect Pitch - Throw this many gadgets using the preview arc. Blind throws don't count.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[13]=5 ;Unseen Presence - Complete this many missions with < 5 kills and no alarm set off.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[14]=3 ;One With the Shadows - Complete this many missions with < 5 kills and no AI sees you.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[15]=75 ;Lurker - Evade or perform stealth Takedowns (lethal or not) on this many enemies.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[16]=150 ;Surprise Attack - Attack this many unaware enemies.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[17]=75 ;The Better Part of Valor

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[18]=10 ;Breaking and Entering - Pick this many locks.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[19]=20 ;Circuit Breaker - Bypass this many electronics systems.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[20]=10 ;Data Theft - Hack this many electronic systems.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[21]=37 ;Be Prepared - Buy 50% of all Intel pieces. This will be filled in by design.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[22]=56 ;Ready For Anything - Buy 75% of all Intel pieces. This will be filled in by design.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[23]=7 ;Well-Connected - Buy intel from this many vendors.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[24]=1 ;Tour of Duty - Number of operations that must be completed to earn.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[25]=2 ;Seasoned - Number of operations that must be completed to earn.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[26]=3 ;Experienced - Number of operations that must be completed to earn.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[27]=4 ;World Traveler - Number of operations that must be completed to earn.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[28]=99 ;The Man Who Knew Too Much - Find this many Halbech Data pickups.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[29]=99 ;Investigator - Find this many Halbech Data pickups.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[30]=50 ;Pistol Proficency - Score this many pistol critical hits.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[31]=100 ;Pistol Mastery - Score this many pistol critical hits.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[32]=3 ;SMG Fury - Hit the combo multiplier maximum this many times.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[33]=7 ;SMG Havoc - Hit the combo multiplier maximum this many times.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[34]=50 ;Shotgun Rampage - Perform this many critical hits with the shotgun.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[35]=100 ;Shotgun Crowd Control - Perform this many critical hits with the shotgun.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[36]=50 ;Assault Rifle Precision - Score this many head shots with the Assault Rifle.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[37]=100 ;Assault Rifle Marksmanship - Score this many head shots with the Assault Rifle.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[38]=50 ;Black Belt - Defeat this many enemies in hand-to-hand.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[39]=50 ;Limited Bloodshed - Defeat this many enemies with non-lethal means.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[40]=250 ;Merciful - Defeat this many enemies with non-lethal means.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[41]=0 ;Deadeye

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[42]=1000 ;Resilience - Take this much damage in your career.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[43]=5000 ;Insurance Liability - Take this much damage in your career.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[44]=15 ;Real Men Don't Hide - Cause an alarm to go off in this many missions.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[45]=2 ;Suave - Choose a Suave stance this many times.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[46]=2 ;Aggressive - Choose a Aggressive stance this many times.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[47]=2 ;Professional - Choose a Professional stance this many times.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[48]=1 ;Hard To Read - Only need to increment this once when player has >=25% freq on each stance (after 90 stances).

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[49]=30 ;One-Track Mind - Choose one stance type this many times consecutively.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[50]=1 ;Testing the Waters - Choose a Suave, an Aggressive, and a Professional response in this many DSSs.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[51]=2 ;Transmission's Breaking Up - Hang up on (or try to) phone callers this many times.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[52]=4 ;Last Word - Hang up on (or try to) phone callers this many times.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[53]=4 ;New Sheriff in Town - Arrest Nasri, Shaheed, Surkov, and Brayko. Counter is incremented for each, making 4.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[54]=4 ;No witnesses - Kill this many of the following in a DSS: Sis, Survok, Nasri, Albatross, SIE, Shaheed, Brayko, Mina, Scarlet

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[55]=3 ;Enemy of My Enemy - Allied with Shaheed, Brayko/Surkov, and Omen.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[56]=15 ;Variable Approach - Complete this many DSSs wherein different stances are chosen.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[57]=10 ;Furious - Choose "Angry" in a DSS this many times.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[58]=10 ;Impatient - Choose "Impatient" in a DSS this many times.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[59]=5 ;Intimidating - Choose "Intimidating" in a DSS this many times.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[60]=5 ;Who, Me? - Choose "Bluff" in a DSS this many times.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[61]=5 ;Evasive - Choose "Evasive" in a DSS this many times.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[62]=10 ;Razor Wit - Choose "Joking" in a DSS this many times.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[63]=10 ;Practical - Choose "Practical" in a DSS this many times.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[64]=10 ;Honest - Choose "Honest" in a DSS this many times.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[65]=5 ;Composed - Choose "Calm" in a DSS this many times.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[66]=3 ;Green - Choose "Recruit" in a DSS this many times.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[67]=10 ;Rookie Move - Choose "Recruit" in a DSS this many times.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[68]=10 ;Veteran - Choose "Veteran" in a DSS this many times.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[69]=99 ;Unlimited Minutes - Take part in at least this many optional phone calls.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[70]=8 ;Trail of the Dead - Kill this many of the following in a DSS: Sis, Survok, Nasri, Albatross, SIE, Shaheed, Brayko, Mina, Scarlet

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[71]=2 ;These Aren't the Agents You're Looking For - Bluff this many people in DSSs.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[72]=3 ;Fistful of Diplomacy - Punch this many people in DSSs.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[73]=5 ;Textaholic - Respond to this many e-mails.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[74]=10 ;Email Enhancement - Respond to this many e-mails.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[75]=5 ;Profiler - Complete 100% of this many dossier entries.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[76]=10 ;Intelligence Analyst - Complete 100% of this many dossier entries.

PerkAcquisitionRequiredCount[77]=15 ;Psychological Warfare - Complete 100% of this many dossier entries.

Same file, what follows

[APGame.APCharacterCreationManager]

may be changed for customization of the facial modifications.

Edited by Orchomene

But clearly, the variables are defined elsewhere - if they could be found we could make totally new perks, or edit existing perks to totally new things.

MarteenDee, can any of the values you listed be higher or are those settings as high as it will go without crashing? For instance, is it possible to raise the minshadowresolution to 128 or 256 to improve shadows or does it only cull shadows below the value you set?

Edit: You can also edit the max decals and decal lifetime in APGame. I haven't tested it yet if it actually increases them.

Edited by Spydude

But clearly, the variables are defined elsewhere - if they could be found we could make totally new perks, or edit existing perks to totally new things.

True. Still, it's nice that some values used by game are exposed in ini files, so some tweaking can be done.

Also note that in perk list in ini file, only perks that have some value associated with them are listed there, not all possible perks.

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.

I'm thinking the same. These might be just settings for something tied with how much whatever is needed to get that perk or how much bonus you get when perk is acquired. I bet those values change when you choose game difficulty or between Rookie/Veteran type of game.

In other words, maybe it's possible to alter them after you choose difficulty to make the game either more difficult or easier in some areas.

Whole "rule" though which "writes" those values in ini file is buried somewhere in the scripts for sure. Would be cool to compare those values with different difficulties or character choices.

MarteenDee, can any of the values you listed be higher or are those settings as high as it will go without crashing? For instance, is it possible to raise the minshadowresolution to 128 or 256 to improve shadows or does it only cull shadows below the value you set?

Edit: You can also edit the max decals and decal lifetime in APGame. I haven't tested it yet if it actually increases them.

With MaxShadowResolution it's definitely possible - but on the other hand I haven't seen a system which would easily digest shadows with resolution bigger than 4096. As I said - I'm tweaking values to get the best visuals possible without putting strain on my system, hence the values.

Don't make MinShadowResolution bigger than 32 as it will cause massive glitches.

It's simple: shadows needs to be scaled not only within a distance but also, for example, on face - if you stop the game from using lower resolution shadows (MinShadowResolution > 32) low resolution shadows won't scale to certain level and won't be rendered.

anyone knows how to get modified stuff ingame (textures/models and stuff?) - or is it not possible?

is there some sort of override folder or do we have to repackage stuff? hope someone knows...

only ini tweaking = o:)

anyone knows how to get modified stuff ingame (textures/models and stuff?) - or is it not possible?

is there some sort of override folder or do we have to repackage stuff? hope someone knows...

only ini tweaking = -_-

Instead of -_- and :) and o:) you can search the web for any Unreal 3 tools and try to bring us something :w00t:

I want to modify (speed) the very fast transition "Cover - Aiming" Any ideas???

You might want to check some values in APGame.ini, right next to all movement settings. I wasn't fiddling with those yet so you may find something interesting and share it with us...

Edited by MarteenDee

I'm thinking the same. These might be just settings for something tied with how much whatever is needed to get that perk or how much bonus you get when perk is acquired. I bet those values change when you choose game difficulty or between Rookie/Veteran type of game.

In other words, maybe it's possible to alter them after you choose difficulty to make the game either more difficult or easier in some areas.

Whole "rule" though which "writes" those values in ini file is buried somewhere in the scripts for sure. Would be cool to compare those values with different difficulties or character choices.

Those are the requirements to unlock the perk changing the number after the = allows you to mod it. Works quite well but doesn't affect the values of the perks themselves maybe after some looking around, someone will find them.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

only ini tweaking = -_-

Instead of -_- and :down: and :yucky: you can search the web for any Unreal 3 tools and try to bring us something :w00t:

well not the answer i had hoped for... you now its hard to start modding from 0% so i thought maybe someone already got the solution or something..

anyway retexturing is possible the easy way by using texmod.. it works!

see here:

texmod.jpg

Ultimate APEngine.ini modification for super smooth gameplay:

[MemoryPools]

FLightPrimitiveInteractionInitialBlockSize=512

FModShadowPrimitiveInteractionInitialBlockSize=512

Change 512 in both instances with the value appropriate for your RAM. I have 4GB and changed values to 2048.

These two measure how much memory Alpha Protocol can use on your system. It doesn't removes completely stutter when AI spawns and doesn't help with Clearinghouse though. But all gameplay is a lot smoother (if you removed FPS cap beforehand, of course).

Smoother? I've been getting 60fps on this game easily. This really doesn't feel like a very demanding game.

Or do you mean load times and the like?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

MaxStaleCacheSize=512

MaxOverallCacheSize=1024

I was able to up these to 1024,2048. When I tried 2048,4096 it wouldn't load. I have the poolsize up to 4096 so far without crashing.

It appears levelling up can be modded as well as unlocking special skills. Only up to level 20 is possible.

APlevelchart.ini

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=0,APGained=30,SkillCap=4,SpecialSkillCap=4)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=1500,APGained=10,SkillCap=5,SpecialSkillCap=7)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=3250,APGained=10,SkillCap=5,SpecialSkillCap=7)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=5000,APGained=10,SkillCap=5,SpecialSkillCap=7)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=7000,APGained=10,SkillCap=7,SpecialSkillCap=10)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=9000,APGained=10,SkillCap=7,SpecialSkillCap=10)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=11000,APGained=10,SkillCap=7,SpecialSkillCap=10)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=13000,APGained=10,SkillCap=7,SpecialSkillCap=10)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=15250,APGained=10,SkillCap=7,SpecialSkillCap=10)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=17500,APGained=10,SkillCap=9,SpecialSkillCap=13)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=19750,APGained=10,SkillCap=9,SpecialSkillCap=13)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=22000,APGained=10,SkillCap=9,SpecialSkillCap=13)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=24500,APGained=10,SkillCap=9,SpecialSkillCap=13)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=27000,APGained=10,SkillCap=9,SpecialSkillCap=13)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=29500,APGained=10,SkillCap=10,SpecialSkillCap=15)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=32000,APGained=10,SkillCap=10,SpecialSkillCap=15)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=34750,APGained=10,SkillCap=10,SpecialSkillCap=15)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=37500,APGained=10,SkillCap=10,SpecialSkillCap=15)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=40250,APGained=10,SkillCap=10,SpecialSkillCap=15)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=43000,APGained=10,SkillCap=10,SpecialSkillCap=15)

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=46000,APGained=10,SkillCap=10,SpecialSkillCap=15)

Here are the basic variables that can be edited for AI. I can't find which class for which enemy however.

APAIClasses.ini

(Health=100,ExtraHPPerSDL=15,NoiseLevelSuspiciousAt=8,NoiseLevelAlertAt=16,Visio

nDist_CalmNear=50,VisionDist_CalmFar=50,PeripheralVision_Calm=0.906307942794297,P

eripheralVision_CalmVertical=0.999048223189468,TimeSafeInCalmFar=10,VisionDist_Su

spiciousNear=10,VisionDist_SuspiciousFar=10,PeripheralVision_Suspicious=0.9961947

04516065,PeripheralVision_SuspiciousVertical=0.996194704516065,TimeSafeInSuspicio

usFar=5,VisionDist_AlertNear=10,VisionDist_AlertFar=10,PeripheralVision_Alert=0.9

96194704516065,PeripheralVision_AlertVertical=1,TimeSafeInAlertFar=0.75,TimeToVul

nerableToTakedown=10,TimeBeforeCanSearchForEnemy=20,TimeBeforeCanCooldownFromAler

t=20,FireDmgMult=1,ShockDmgMult=1,ExplosiveDmgMult=1,CQCDmgMult=1,StunTimeMult=1,

StunTimeAddition=1,HitHead_DReduction=0,HitTorso_DReduction=0,HitArm_DReduction=0

,HitHand_DReduction=0,HitLeg_DReduction=0,HitFoot_DReduction=0,HitDefault_DReduct

ion=0,HitExtraPerDiff_DReduction=0,DR_SKILL_ACTIVE_SLOW_MO=0,DR_SKILL_ACTIVE_BULL

ET_STORM=0,DR_SKILL_ACTIVE_ROOM_SWEEP=0,DR_SKILL_ACTIVE_OVERCLOCK=0,DR_SKILL_ACTI

VE_FURY=0,BlindFireChance=0.33,PeekChance=0.1,CoverOptEnemyDistMin=300,CoverOptEn

emyDistMax=500,FiringPointOptEnemyDistMin=150,FiringPointOptEnemyDistMax=500,Gren

adeThrowRange=1500,bHasGrenadeEvadeAbility=1,GrenadeEvadeRangePerc=0.13,GrenadeNo

ticeRangePerc=0.47,GrenadeEvadeCooldown=0,GrenadeEvadeMinDelay=0,GrenadeEvadeMaxD

elay=1,CQCDamage=20,CQCDamagePerSDL=2.5,AutoBlockDuration=0.75,BlockChance[0]=0.3

,BlockChance[1]=0.3,BlockChance[2]=0.3,BlockChance[3]=0.3,BlockChance[4]=0.3,Bloc

kPCSkillChanceReduction=0.033,BlockScalingDifficultyFactor=0.041,FlyingKneeBlockC

hance=0,FlyingKneeBlockPCSkillChanceReduction=0,FlyingKneeBlockScalingDifficultyF

actor=0,RoundhouseBlockChance=0,RoundhouseBlockPCSkillChanceReduction=0,Roundhous

eBlockScalingDifficultyFactor=0,CounterDelay=3,CounterChance[0]=0,CounterChance[1

]=0.1,CounterChance[2]=0.2,CounterChance[3]=0.15,CounterChance[4]=0.1,CounterPCSk

illChanceReduction=0.06,CounterScalingDifficultyFactor=0.04,bFragileOrdinance=FAL

SE,bNumberOfTimesCanHeal=0,FamiliarWithNoiseMaker=FALSE,bHasBeserkAbility=FALSE,J

amsRadar=JAMSRADAR_NEVER,bUseFastReload=FALSE,RunSpeedMult=1,SuspiciousMoveSpeed=

35,bBeltedAmmo=FALSE,)

All sounds can be edited. The sound dropoff meters and rate could be useful so that enemies are more alerted further away.

APNoiseStats.ini

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_M_PISTOL,Noise_Level=28,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_M_SMG,Noise_Level=26,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_M_ASSAULT,Noise_Level=30,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_M_SHOTGUN,Noise_Level=36,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_SNIPERRIFLE,Noise_Level=16,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_HEAVY_WEAPON,Noise_Level=36,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_TURRET,Noise_Level=36,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_RECON,Noise_Level=10,Build_Up_Seconds=2)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_SILENT_TAKEDOWN,Noise_Level=12,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_WALK,Noise_Level=14,Build_Up_Seconds=2)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_PLANT_PUCK,Noise_Level=8,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_RELOADING,Noise_Level=12,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_DOOR_OPEN,Noise_Level=12,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_RUN,Noise_Level=17,Build_Up_Seconds=2)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_SPRINT,Noise_Level=20,Build_Up_Seconds=1)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_CQC_STRIKE,Noise_Level=14,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_DOOR_KICK,Noise_Level=20,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_EXPLOSION_EMP,Noise_Level=5,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_EXPLOSION_FLASH,Noise_Level=20,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_EXPLOSION_HIGH_EXPLOSIVE,Noise_Level=30,Build_Up_Second

s=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_EXPLOSION_INCENDIARY,Noise_Level=26,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_EXPLOSION_REMOTE_MINE,Noise_Level=30,Build_Up_Seconds=0

)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_EXPLOSION_SHOCK_TRAP,Noise_Level=8,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_GADGET_SOUND_GENERATOR,Noise_Level=18,Build_Up_Seconds=

0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_GRENADE_BOUNCE,Noise_Level=12,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_DESTRUCTION_SMALL,Noise_Level=12,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_DESTRUCTION_MEDIUM,Noise_Level=20,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_DESTRUCTION_LARGE,Noise_Level=28,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_DESTRUCTION_ENORMOUS,Noise_Level=40,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_CALL_FOR_HELP,Noise_Level=32,Build_Up_Seconds=0)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=SUPPRESSION_SILENCER,Noise_Suppression=16)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=SUPPRESSION_STEALTH_ARMOR0,Noise_Suppression=1)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=SUPPRESSION_STEALTH_ARMOR1,Noise_Suppression=2)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=SUPPRESSION_STEALTH_ARMOR2,Noise_Suppression=3)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=SUPPRESSION_STEALTH_ARMOR3,Noise_Suppression=4)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=SUPPRESSION_STEALTH_LURKER_PERK,Noise_Suppression=1)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=NOISE_ADD_OVERCLOCKED_PUCK,Noise_Suppression=-2)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=NOISE_ADD_COMBAT_ARMOR0,Noise_Suppression=-1)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=NOISE_ADD_COMBAT_ARMOR1,Noise_Suppression=-2)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=NOISE_ADD_COMBAT_ARMOR2,Noise_Suppression=-3)

Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=NOISE_ADD_COMBAT_ARMOR3,Noise_Suppression=-4)

Sound_Dropoff_Meters=1.5

Sound_Dropoff_Rate=2

Edited by Spydude

Smoother? I've been getting 60fps on this game easily. This really doesn't feel like a very demanding game.

Or do you mean load times and the like?

Both. I'm getting stable 120+ fps with this tweak and loading times seems to be faster.

With 16xAF and 8x edge detect AA it does matter.

Game simply feels smoother as it may use up to 2048Mb of RAM instead of 512Mb. Nearly no HD activity (except when loading levels and that damn weapon shop). I bet there's a way to redirect which packets and scripts are fully loaded into memory. Unless it's filthy coding - and that's the issue only Obsidian guys are able to fix...

Here's my APEngine.ini if you want to compare any values (use WinMerge or something similar):

Sendspace Download

Edited by MarteenDee

Tried the settings you posted earlier and i do feel the game going a lot smoother. With about the same settings (i put 2048 as my ram since i have 3.25 and i didn't know how much that amounted :p) it doesn't drop from 60 while i was getting 30-45 before. The texture popping is still pretty noticeable and i've noticed that the lockpicking minigame now moves a lot faster, which was kind of hard to get used to but now it's a definite improvement since with some practice it makes lockpicking somewhat easier/riskier.

I have a question for the experts

Which damage table goes with which weapon. How does one find this out?

Which accuracy table is attached to which weapon?

DefaultWeapons.ini

I am so sick of the poor accuracy of pistols even at close range...

Point at a wall - 3-5 feet away

unload a full clip into it, now watch the innacurate bullet spread... its bs total bs

How can you achieve a full stealth if the weapons are so inaccurate

I wasted 30 minutes on a stealth mission only to have the 12th guy open fire on my, because it took 5 friggin shots which I have all of my weapons on 1 shot 1 kill. 5 shots at very close range. What a way to make me furious, that sob never should have been allowed to open fire... 30 minutes wasted!!!!!!!!!!!!

This sounded the alarm and might I add really ticked me off.

I wish there was a way to make notepad ++ replace all accuracy data at once

Instead I have to change each value individually.

BTW I started a new campaign as recruit and I am only using AR HK21 and Hamilton 45 all the way thru

I expect these two weapons to be standard issue recruit gear. I am carry out my missions with this load combined with combat armor and interceptor armor.

Example:

Accuracytable[15] (SpreadMinFiringDegrees=4.1,SpreadMaxFiringDegrees=12,SpreadReturnRate=10.2,Visu

alSpreadMin=12,VisualSpreadMax=500)

Changing to

SpreadMinFiringDegrees=0,SpreadMaxFiringDegrees=0,SpreadReturnRate=4,VisualSprea

dMin=0,VisualSpreadMax=0

I am so sick of bad inaccurate weapons even at close range

I tried replace

SpreadMinFiringDegrees=4.1

using the wildcard function of

SpreadMinFiringDegrees=*.* - it doesn't replace jack... I have to edit all 87 tables manually

Edited by SNIPER231JRC

You realise the pistol is pretty much made for critical hit headshots right? That's why it's so inaccurte when shooting without aiming.

If you use it like that, it hardly ever fails, but that obviously doesn't make it a perfect weapon if can't take your time to aim (but all weapons got their cons and pro's like that).

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Tried the settings you posted earlier and i do feel the game going a lot smoother. With about the same settings (i put 2048 as my ram since i have 3.25 and i didn't know how much that amounted :ermm:) it doesn't drop from 60 while i was getting 30-45 before. The texture popping is still pretty noticeable and i've noticed that the lockpicking minigame now moves a lot faster, which was kind of hard to get used to but now it's a definite improvement since with some practice it makes lockpicking somewhat easier/riskier.

Yeah. Good choice for RAM values (3.25gig minus about 1gig for system services and other stuff running in the background gives around 2048Mb for game to use) and I'm happy that you found these changes improving the game.

Anyway: I was checking in Unreal Engine 3 documentation and found some interesting stuff.

Alpha Protocol don't use any "next-gen" Shader Model 3.0 bells and whistles, hence there isn't any option in config files to switch it on or off. But on the other hand - few games were made with SM3.0 technology and it's documented that Unreal Engine 3 have native support for it. So... I decided to dig a little deeper and experiment with what I've learned...

Outcome? (watch in full screen)

screenshot00000.jpg

Unlocked SM3.0 support gave full AA and better AF options - all regulated by engine, so I could turn them off in my GFX control panel. Haven't seen any texture-popping during action yet (I'm now pretty sure that problems with Clearinghouse are from bad scripts or quirky .upk management). Only problem might be for those with weaker hardware - major FPS hit - from ~120+ to stable 60FPS (which is still playable, though).

Extreme visual quality tweak for people with strong hardware. Enjoy!

Sendspace Download

Hamilton 45 default pistol accuracy

its a friggin joke

Here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVCGjBgFoFk

Now if that is close range, imagine it as distance opens. Your chances of an accurate headshot are extremely slim

no crosshairs and no chainshot, do a walking while aimed headshot. even a crouched while aimed headshot during movement.

Think out of box. How big is the circle shows how inaccurate is the pistol, not how big is recoil (big difference compared to standard shooters). So, use those critical shots, if you want to be really accurate, or use proper assault rifle if you want long range accuracy (just because you can point crosshair to someone far away doesn't mean that pistol should be as accurate as rifle). Or just don't aim for the head, but the body (so that whole circle is on enemy, increasing chance of actual hit). There is reason why body armor is more important then helmet.

Edited by player1

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.

....blah blah blah.....

If you want to play some shooter game, you should go and buy Conviction or Modern Warfare 2 - instead of RPG game.

In Alpha Protocol, to be more accurate with your guns, you have to gain experience and get some skills. There's also many upgrades available, which makes weapons even more deadly. Stop trolling on these forums and especially in this thread. There's no proof yet that any gun stats are moddable through config files...

Now - kindly leave, if you want to continue this idiocy - in every language, there's thing called "punctuation", and similarly - every game have its premises. You seems to not knowing either, which makes you a joke. Over.

---------------------------------------

Back on topic - could anyone with W7 or Vista try to enable DX10 support in above config (AllowD3D10=True) and check if it's crashing the game? Thanks in advance.