Any fix for awareness bug?

msp12

Question

Has anyone found a workaround for the awareness bug? (This is the bug where the awareness icon flashes briefly and awareness doesn't work. http://alphaprotocol.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha_Protocol_bugs)

It's exasperating not having awareness working any more. It just stopped working all of a sudden. I reloaded all my checkpoints, tried clearing the cache, removing various equipment, but no luck. It's rather extraordinary this got through q&a on the xbox. I nearly sold the game after the ridiculous moscow embassy mission end battle; this is strike two.

Thanks,

Mark

6 answers to this question

Well, Awareness is working fine in my 360, doing the 4th playthrou.... have you installed the game in the Xbox?, or reinstalled?...

In the game, did you upgrade to master awareness??

Well, Awareness is working fine in my 360, doing the 4th playthrou.... have you installed the game in the Xbox?, or reinstalled?...

I encountered this issue, where the icon flashes & never activates when you have basic Awareness. It worked fine during my first playthrough, then quit working during my second playthrough when using the Veteran background & starting off with the skill immediately.

Once I upgraded to Advanced Awareness, it started working again since it was "always on".

Edited by jdamien75

"You see a group of Unwashed Villagers attacking a spammer." - Fallout 2

ShadowDancer, Unwashed & proud of it.

No, I *don't* look like Kevin Bacon... Darn developers.

I encountered this issue, where the icon flashes & never activates when you have basic Awareness. It worked fine during my first playthrough, then quit working during my second playthrough when using the Veteran background & starting off with the skill immediately.

Once I upgraded to Advanced Awareness, it started working again since it was "always on".

It seemed to stop working about the time I upgraded to basic awareness. I'll try master awareness and see if that helps.

It seemed to stop working about the time I upgraded to basic awareness. I'll try master awareness and see if that helps.

Yes, this is a bug, indeed.

Any other factors that could trigger the bug?, i.e. skill combinations, armour, mission?

since we are on 360, we cannot apply a patch as in a PC, so we've got to figure out what are the factors that trigger this bug and post a workaround until Obsidian delivers a patch.

So far:

Condition

1. Awareness stop working when upgrade to basic awareness

Workaround

1. Upgrade to master awareness ( to be confirmed).

2. Start a new game...

Edited by edgarcuk

Getting Master Awareness fixes the problem, but I wasn't planning to spend that many points in Stealth...

Right,

Condition

1. Awareness stop working when upgrade to basic awareness

Workaround

1. Upgrade to master awareness.

2. Start a new game...

I agree with you.. yes, this is a bug and should be fixed... I haven't cross across it, perhaps is random... I just wonder if any other factors could come into consideration.

1st play: Recruit, on normal, focused on stealth, pistols, martial arts, wearing Night Operations Armor, Tactical Utility Armor, Tactical Stealth Armor and Advanced Stealth Armor. using pistols and assault rifle. No bug.

2nd play: Veteran,on normal, focused on stealth, pistols, technical aptitude, wearing Night Operations Armor, Tactical Utility Armor, Tactical Stealth Armor and Advanced Stealth Armor. using pistols and assault rifle. No bug.

3rd play: Veteran, on normal on normal, focused on pistols, toughness and martial arts, wearing Night Operations Armor, Tactical Utility Armor, Tactical Stealth Armor and Advanced Tactical Armor. using pistols and assault rifle. No bug.