Dear Obsidian

"When I was working on SoZ I always thought of it as a spiritual successor to the Gold Box games."

Yeah, but sadly, not as good. Sorry.

Thankfully, MOTB, was a solid 'spiritual successor' to PST. :thumbsup:

DS3, on the other hand, looks very potentially good.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently Atari did hint at a new D&D game at that last gaming event (forgot its name), along with registering a bunch of neverwinter related domains. It spawned a fair number of posts on the bioware forums, and foolish people thinking Bioware (EA) would be working on something like that. However, many assume that Obsidian is a bit busy right now so its all just rumor beyond some new domain registrations.

Personally I would love to see a NWN 3, simply because the city is destroyed, great options for a story there.

Also... why is this topic in the DS3 speculation thread or am I just tired and missing something (aside from several hours sleep)?

I liked Pool of Radiance. Nothing D&D since.

When I was working on SoZ I always thought of it as a spiritual successor to the Gold Box games.

I had the pleasure of playing the entire Pool series (even Hilsfar & the horrible Myth Drannor one) before playing SoZ so I can absolutely see where Obs was going with it. I loved it myself, especially the music... makes me think of old black and white swashbucklers and grand adventures. :rolleyes:

Why did this thread get moved? It doesn't even make sense now.

*reads thread* Did it ever? :o

...but yeah, I did like IWD a lot when it came out.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Moved to the DS III section... I did consider Developers Corner for a moment, but that would just be too cruel :o

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I might like to see an Eberron game. Still unsure of how I feel about 4E realms. I like 4E itself, just not sure how I feel about the realms. Maybe it's just Cordell's writing for his novels that turning me off.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

A thread with an identity crisis :(

It's just a jump to the left...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein