Desperate for Gamecrazy/Best Buy weapons

Like an Idiot i did not research the specifics of pre-order weapons and just asked my local gamestop to hold a copy for me. now in my third playthrough I find myself totally addicted to the stealth playstyle and the pistol line.

Of course I got the bonus shotgun and rifle... Frustration...

Now I am dreaming to add the Rittergruppen Rapier to my arsenal and of course I pre-orderd from the wrong retailer!!!

If somebody has an extra working code for that pistol they do not mind giving away, by all means, please make my day!!!

Otherwise here is my plea:

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! Obsidian give us a DLC to unlock those extra features ASAP.

Thank you.

Huh... us Europeans got none, since we got none of those branches AT ALL. :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I beg to differ.

The rittergruppen rapier has the same stats as the rittergruppen razor (+2 bullets) BUT comes silenced already!

That means you can equip another mod on the barrel portion (like perfected rifling) and make this a weapon of epic proportions for stealth missions.

Another argument in favor of a DLC!!!

If European customers did not even have the opportunity to access that arsenal with pre-order, it would be very gratifying to at least make it part of a DLC.

With European gamers in mind who may not have heard of the Pre-order weapons offered in the U.S here is the short list of the 8 weapons available if you preordered.

And I still need a code for the pistol... (sigh!!!)

First you get 4 "beginner +" weapons at start (assuming you have both codes) as well as a very generous reserve of ammo and gadgets that go "boom". No need to really expend on those. They are a nice boost compared to normal starting gear but they are easely topped by tier 3 weapons. (they do compare pretty well with tier 2 weapons though...)

Pistol: Hamilton Maksman

SMG: Samael Typhoon

Shotgun: UC Regulator

AR: Rittergruppen Grizzly

Now you also unlock "game end" weapons later that come with a significant price tag ($250000 and above) but also come with built in abilities making them superior to even the tier 3 weapons.

Pistol: Rittergruppen Rapier (built in silencer)

SMG: UC Purgatory (Not sure what the bonus is)

Shotgun: Hamilton Howitzer (I believe the bonus is knockdown on every shot but I have to test this)

AR: Samael Retribution (rapid Fire)

Feel free to contribute details on those weapons for those of you who have been lucky enough to test them in the field!!!

Peace.

The (Gamestop) Assault Pack was available in Europe.

How do I know? I have it. :lol:

I'm using the Grizzly now. Just a normal AR, with just slightly better stats than the default Hamilton one.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The Stealth Pack was available in Europe as well, via Play.com and gameplay.co.uk for preorder...

But I recommend to take a look at ebay.co.uk, you can buy the code and it works... :p

Edit.

Nevermind, the code is not there anymore :*

BTW, the packs only works for PS3 and 360, you need to get the proper console code

Edited by edgarcuk

After my third playthrough I noticed another interesting fact about those weapons.

They are not attached to a specific vendor. No matter who you are alienating, they stay available in the clearing house. Useful considering some of the best dossier outcomes involve sometimes being frankly hostile to some of the suppliers and potentialy loosing purchase options on the black market.

Yes, they are. Just press "More info" and you see who is the vendor.

Some, like 'The turk' or 'Anonymous' never leave, but if, say, your vendor is 'Sergei Serkov' and you kill him, too bad for you, the items are gone now...

EDIT: Oh, wait, you mean the "Bonus items", right? In that case, nevermind me.

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The Stealth Pack was available in Europe as well, via Play.com and gameplay.co.uk for preorder...

Interesting, I assumed they'd be somewhere, but I had no idea Play had it.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Interesting, I assumed they'd be somewhere, but I had no idea Play had it.

Yes, currently most of the games with pre-order bonus are either in Game.co.uk or Play.com, the Stealth pack was in Play.com and I think the Assault pack was in Game.co.uk...

Bump for want.

There has to be a way to unlock them or something. They just can't be shafting us like this. :)

I think the weapons are on the game disc since the download is way too tiny(108 kb) to be any more than a trigger so they are not true DLC and our gamesaves list triggers for both GameStop and "GameCrazy" preorder bonuses....the stealth pack was originally going to be exclusive bonus for preordering from GameCrazy.....I haven't truly tested this but I think that simply finding how to tweak those values inside our gamesaves should be enough to gain access to the content. I'll have to try and start messing with those values but it may take me days before I get to it.

I am talking about 360 game saves.....not sure about PC and PS3 gamesaves though I suspect they aren't too different.

A bit off-topic, but I've actually been looking for a way to even open up the .sav-files, because I want to find a way to change the number of collected dossiers (to make it easier to get full dossiers before certain points in the game to trigger stuff, for playtesting) and setting influence (again, just to muck about primarily in dialogues and check outcomes based on what people think of Mike).

You sound like you're already mucking about the .sav-files or somesuch. How to?

I'm on PC, but I'd be surprised if the savegames are radically different.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

A bit off-topic, but I've actually been looking for a way to even open up the .sav-files, because I want to find a way to change the number of collected dossiers (to make it easier to get full dossiers before certain points in the game to trigger stuff, for playtesting) and setting influence (again, just to muck about primarily in dialogues and check outcomes based on what people think of Mike).

I use a program called Modio to open the save and then in it there is an inside file called file(0) and then I open this in a hex editor from where most hex values are pretty straight forward once you know how to translate them to decimals and the other way around. The only thing is Modio specializes on 360 saves and hacks and such so I'm not sure if it wold be able to open your PC save but it doesn't hurt to try.

I use a program called Modio to open the save and then in it there is an inside file called file(0) and then I open this in a hex editor from where most hex values are pretty straight forward once you know how to translate them to decimals and the other way around. The only thing is Modio specializes on 360 saves and hacks and such so I'm not sure if it wold be able to open your PC save but it doesn't hurt to try.

Ah well, didn't work to open up the .sav-files on a PC. C'est la vie.

t50aJUd.jpg

You can open saves in notepad (DO NOT EDIT them in it though). If you want to edit them you should either use a utility if one is available, or you can use a hex editor of which there are dozens available for free- I use XVI32 personally, but you can even use edit.com from a command line. If you do try editing them make sure you back up as there are a myriad of potential ways to break saves.

The files for the weapons are on the DVD.

You can open saves in notepad (DO NOT EDIT them in it though). If you want to edit them you should either use a utility if one is available, or you can use a hex editor of which there are dozens available for free- I use XVI32 personally, but you can even use edit.com from a command line. If you do try editing them make sure you back up as there are a myriad of potential ways to break saves.

The files for the weapons are on the DVD.

Yes the weapon files for the preorder bonuses are on the game disc....they are not true DLC...the items you can use and access are part of your inventory however....which is all referenced in the save files and I don't imagine this is different on the PC. Now the save files do reference the 2 preorder packs so what I think would be interesting to test is if modding their values in the save file would enable the content in the game.

I am curious however if PC saves can be opened right in a hex editor first and edited immediately because every single 360 save behaves as an individual container for an inner file that is called file(0) and only this inner file can be properly hex edited to get the desired effect in the game....attempting to hex edit the .sav 360 save in a hex editor would be useless.

• 12 years later...