So who is working on this game?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dave Hoffman's LI profile updated

Developed Business Development department resulting in IP acquisitions, studio purchases and four development agreements executed

Executive Producing 'Dungeon Siege III' for PC, PS3 and 360 from pre-production to current project status

Presented product during media tours and interviewed in Tier 1 and Tier 2 media as well as presented at internal 'Town Hall' meetings

EDIT: Jean-Eric Khalife's LI profile updated

Working on Dungeon Siege III as a Technical Artist.

Edited by funcroc

Mikey Dowling's LI profile updated

Starting in QA I was able to get a good knowledge of how certain aspects of the game worked, but I quickly gravitated towards audio. Once there, my passion for voice over took over and I started tracking VO assets.

That lead to me helping out with the voice over process for Fallout New Vegas: compiling scripts, getting them studio ready, help with casting and voice direction, attending recording sessions, and implementing assets.

That quickly rolled into the same process for the Fallout DLC's and the upcoming Dungeon Siege III (where I also learned how to create post-process effects).

My goal is be a part of making a game that is so well voice-acted that the player develops emotional connections with the game, its characters and its story. Games are fast becoming just as much an important extertainment medium as television and film, and with the added impact of full voice-acting, VO and dialogue in games is bigger than ever.

Specialties

Compiling scripts to make them studio ready, voice direction, post-process effects, file organization, workflow design, animating in Unreal matinee

Edited by funcroc

• 4 weeks later...

Ex-Obsidian designer/producer Kevin Saunders' LI profile updated

Kevin Saunders's Summary

I have thirteen years experience in game production and design and have been credited on seven shipped titles, with an overall composite review score of 83%. I have managed up to five projects/products simultaneously, led as many as 18 direct reports and been responsible for projects with as many as 70 employees.

As a manager and leader, I strive to establish a collaborative team environment with individuals being empowered with appropriate decision-making authority and guided by clear high level direction. I am driven by the intrinsic rewards of aiding others in maximizing their potential. I prefer agile development techniques when practical.

As a designer, I emphasize the importance of the user experience, including understanding who the user is and what they are seeking from the product. I believe user interface design is extremely important and is a key to good game design. To that end, I have authored an educational text on game interface design intended for aspiring game designers.

Genres I've worked on include role-playing games, real-time strategy games, massively multiplayer online games (RPG and RTS), first-person shooters, and (currently) serious games.

Specialties

project leadership and management, user experience design, game design, online games, systems design, serious games, technical writing, proposal writing, user interface design

Kevin Saunders's Experience

Author

Cengage Learning

January 2011

Edited by funcroc

• 3 weeks later...

Joseph Bulock's LI profile

Current

Lead Encounter Designer at Obsidian Entertainment

Jiu Jitsu Head Instructor at UCI Campus Recreation

Past

Cinematic Designer at Obsidian Entertainment

Production Tester at Obsidian Entertainment

QA Tester at Atlus U.S.A., Inc.

Summary

Credited games include:

Dungeon Siege III

Alpha Protocol

Neverwinter Nights 2

He was the lead encounter designer on DS3?

Joseph Bulock's LI profile

Current

Lead Encounter Designer at Obsidian Entertainment

Jiu Jitsu Head Instructor at UCI Campus Recreation

Past

Cinematic Designer at Obsidian Entertainment

Production Tester at Obsidian Entertainment

QA Tester at Atlus U.S.A., Inc.

Summary

Credited games include:

Dungeon Siege III

Alpha Protocol

Neverwinter Nights 2

He was the lead encounter designer on DS3?

If he was he did good job on some of the boss fights. I really liked his role as the Cinematic Designer as well on Alpha Protocol.

Hate the living, love the dead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tyler Davis, TCR/TRC Production Tester

TCR/TRC Production Tester

Obsidian Entertainment

January 2011 ? Present (8 months)

TCR/TRC On Site Tester for Dungeon Siege III

Responsible for addressing TRC/TCR violations directly to producers and other production members of the team. Daily responsibilities include high priority regressions, writing and executing detailed technical test cases. Data gathering with Microsoft, Sony, and internal tools to create and report in detailed documentation to development team.

Rich Taylor's recommendation

Tyler was a strong tester on the Dungeon Siege III project. He picked up our systems and tools quickly and was always fast to provide detailed information about issues we were investigating. His attitude was fantastic and he was everything I would look for an experienced or senior member of a QA team. Tyler was a great asset for my project. August 13, 2011

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

OT: ex-OEI animator Roberto Clemente's blog

2011 DS3 Anim Reel

Here is my latest demo reel i put together with captures of the work I did for Dungeon Siege 3. This work helped me get my foot in the door at Sony Santa Monica Studio. Thanks to all my friends and former colleagues and employers at Obsidian Entertainment for the experience of a lifetime. You are all some of the coolest and most talented individuals in the industry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02uOv8O2TIg&feature=youtu.be