So who is working on this game?

Charles Wook Hyung Lee

Professional Experience

Obsidian Entertainment / Dungeon Siege III / lead environment concept / 2009~present

Obsidian Entertainment / ALIENS RPG / concept designer / 2007~2009

Sony Computer Entertainment America Santa Monica / God of War / cinematic background painting / Jan. 2004

Sony Computer Entertainment America San Diego / Twisted metal black X / cinematic artist/pre-visual concept/story boarding / Jan. 2004

OT: his artworks for Resident Evil RPG (cancelled?)

Edited by funcroc

Does anyone know if New Vegas is still on the same engine as Oblivion/Fallout 3? I would love to see a new original engine created by Obsidian.

Reasons why Dungeon Siege is NOT a Diablo clone:

- DS has multicharacter parties.

- DS doesn't have boring pre-defined classes, but the players develop the characters.

- DS has packmules!

- DS has a huge map without any loading bars between areas, even when teleporting!

- DS has 10.000+ spells, and even more items!

Does anyone know if New Vegas is still on the same engine as Oblivion/Fallout 3? I would love to see a new original engine created by Obsidian.

Fallout New Vegas still runs on Gamebryo, and it seems to be relatively untouched compared to the version seen in Fallout 3.

Dungeon Siege III runs on Onyx, Obsidian's proprietary engine, that seems to have a pretty robust lighting system.

• 3 weeks later...

Andrew Aye (former lead technical engineer on Onyx engine)

I am currently working at Microsoft Game Studios (Good Science) as a Software Development Engineer. It is a new studio at MGS and its first project was the pack-in title for Kinect called Kinect Adventures. My duties are primarily in areas related to performance and stability. I've worked with the team to achieve our desired frame rate targets, reduce latency from the Kinect device to final render, and did primary work on eliminating crashes and soft locks in the product. My previous position was at Obsidian Entertainment as a lead technical engineer. My duties were fairly diverse and focused on engine design and implementation. I was responsible for primary work on the scene and render systems, as well as all system and system integration tasks. The engine was used in the cancelled Aliens RPG project and in Dungeon Siege 3. While at the same company I helped out the NWN2 team for the last eight months of production to get the game ready for shipping.

Lead Technical Engineer

[2006(Mar)-2009(Nov)], Obsidian Entertainment [irvine, CA]

Shipped Games: Neverwinter Night 2 (PC), Alpha Protocol (PS3,XB2,PC)

- Shared in the design of a brand new engine code base to be used for a new AAA title (Xbox360, PS3, PC).

- Implemented a cross-platform rendering system and render resource manager.

- Implemented an asynchronous loading system for all level assets.

- Implemented a basic scene graph for frustum culling, per-object light lists and shadows.

- Implemented a cross-platform engine job system for cpu load balancing of work units.

- Implemented base actor class. They served to keep the system entities synchronized (animation, rendering, physics, pathing and game) and to serve as a base for the update cycle (specially movement) with a concentration on concurrent processing.

- Improved the engine framework to work in a multi threaded environment. Modified the game loop to allow for concurrent processing and fixup of game data.

- Render system is run completely concurrently and asynchronously to the game thread - shared in the responsibility to create the methods in which the two threads update each other and control asset management.

- Restructured the way that render data is exported and then loaded by the engine. The format went from a multi-packet (with differentiated load systems) to a single packet, single load system.

- Integrated Havok into the code base. Implemented a simple interface into the Havok system for game side collision requests. Implemented a robust interface for interacting with - the Havok Physics system.

- Helped guide the development process, and mentor the programming team.

- Worked with the Art Technical Director to define render features and the art pipeline.

- Liaison with Art and Design to make sure that we were meeting requirements and that assets would be delivered in time.

- Wrangled the milestone deliverables.

Edited by funcroc

Charles Wook Hyung Lee
Professional Experience

Obsidian Entertainment / Dungeon Siege III / lead environment concept / 2009~present

Obsidian Entertainment / ALIENS RPG / concept designer / 2007~2009

Sony Computer Entertainment America Santa Monica / God of War / cinematic background painting / Jan. 2004

Sony Computer Entertainment America San Diego / Twisted metal black X / cinematic artist/pre-visual concept/story boarding / Jan. 2004

OT: his artworks for Resident Evil RPG (cancelled?)

This is some great concept.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all...Obsidian. Can't wait to play your game. Been waiting for a quality action rpg to co-op with friends online (360) and this looks like it's gonna be just what this generations consoles need. Such an untapped genre on consoles.

Take your time a make it great.....action/items...action/items...action/items.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Justin Cherry

Justin Cherry :w00t:

2560x1600 Wallpaper concept art or it didn't happen :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Actually, at least DS3 is getting made.. which is more than you can say about NWN3, BG3 or KotOR3.

Those three games you mentioned don't even have a forum.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/steven-fox/20/a9b/901

Steven Fox

Music Director/Conductor at El Segundo Concert Band

President/Artistic Director/Conductor at Golden State Pops Orchestra

Composer/Conductor at Fox Productions Unleashed

Steven Allen Fox is the Founding President/Artistic Director/Conductor of the Golden State Pops Orchestra, and Music Director/Conductor of the El Segundo Concert Band. Steven has conducted internationally as well as all around Southern California. He has conducted recordings of his music at both the famed Paramount Studios "Stage M" and George Lucas' "Skywalker Sound". Mr. Fox has had the honor of working with many successful A-list musicians, composers and conductors.

Steven was the conductor and co-arranger on the CD, "50 Most Loved Christmas Carols". He has conducted varoius Premieres such as Avatar,