Will there be crates?

the first thing we make in any game is a crate. :ermm:

It's comforting to know that Obsidian has their priorities in place. :)

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Why have a monster that looks like a crate?

I say make a crate that looks like a monster.

You enter a dimly lit room in the dungeon where you can make out the dim outline of a horrible Grundersnash. You pause and wait but the Grundersnash makes no move towards you. Certain it hasn't spotted you, you advance slowly. Having worked your way around the room, you approach the creature from behind, making a swift smash with your club. Ah, but it wasn't a Grundersnash at all, but an Atanip which shatters and spills its loot over the floor...

You never played DS? Those crates were awesome. You never knew when they would pop up, and the best thing is: they were usually 5 to 10 lvls higher than your party.

Edit: nevermind, I like the sarcasm of your post hehe.

Edited by Draganta

Reasons why Dungeon Siege is NOT a Diablo clone:

- DS has multicharacter parties.

- DS doesn't have boring pre-defined classes, but the players develop the characters.

- DS has packmules!

- DS has a huge map without any loading bars between areas, even when teleporting!

- DS has 10.000+ spells, and even more items!

Will the crates utilise crate 3.0 technology?

And and... Will Obsidian be attempting to evolve the crate in any sense of the word?

Bog standard crates suck!

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

And and... Will Obsidian be attempting to evolve the crate in any sense of the word?

They've learned from the mistakes in Alpha Protocol.

Crate have physics, can bounce, roll, explode, implode, become sentient, and are actually one of the main factions in the game.

The other, of course, being barrels.

They've learned from the mistakes in Alpha Protocol.

Crate have physics, can bounce, roll, explode, implode, become sentient, and are actually one of the main factions in the game.

The other, of course, being barrels.

:woot: Am not impressed with list... Accept for maybe sentiance... Mefink pweehaps dats what Jabby work on.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!