Will there be crates?

Why have a monster that looks like a crate?

I say make a crate that looks like a monster.

You enter a dimly lit room in the dungeon where you can make out the dim outline of a horrible Grundersnash. You pause and wait but the Grundersnash makes no move towards you. Certain it hasn't spotted you, you advance slowly. Having worked your way around the room, you approach the creature from behind, making a swift smash with your club. Ah, but it wasn't a Grundersnash at all, but an Atanip which shatters and spills its loot over the floor...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I didn't see any crates in the concept art photos which has me quite worried that this game won't support crates at all.

To be fair, it isn't called CRATE SEIGE, so I figure crate discussions will come out naturally when discussing features.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Why have a monster that looks like a crate?

I say make a crate that looks like a monster.

You enter a dimly lit room in the dungeon where you can make out the dim outline of a horrible Grundersnash. You pause and wait but the Grundersnash makes no move towards you. Certain it hasn't spotted you, you advance slowly. Having worked your way around the room, you approach the creature from behind, making a swift smash with your club. Ah, but it wasn't a Grundersnash at all, but an Atanip which shatters and spills its loot over the floor...

This is actually brilliant. You could be entering a mansion of a wacky inventor, who's been working hard in the dark underground cellars on his latest invention - monster-shaped crates that could help you transport valuable cargo safely, as their fiersome visage will scare off all but the most foolish of bandits on the road. Hell, he's been working on making them as realistic as possible, so that they're on wheels and move by themselves... but he hasn't quite worked out how to make them stop. :sorcerer:

Cue levels of free-wheeling monster-crates on wheels that you can whack for loot.

Half Life 2 has raised the bar, we must be able to attack with those crates.

Surely there have been some advancements in crate making technology(Must they always be wooden and brown?)

I want to turn enemies into crates!!! oh god, we need more puns...

Edited by Irrelevant

It's not Christmas anymore but I've fallen in love with these two songs:

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=HXjk3P5LjxY

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NJJ18aB2Ggk

The Crate-or crated the world in it's image, the planet's surface covered in craters.

Sry, I'm spent.

Words cannot describe how much you made me laugh, thank you sir!

(The Siege engine caused me to squeal with laughter however)

Oh god, KrateToR!

Edited by Irrelevant

It's not Christmas anymore but I've fallen in love with these two songs:

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=HXjk3P5LjxY

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NJJ18aB2Ggk

That's a dangerous combination sir, do we have the technology?

Obsidian has designed the game to tailor to that.

They had to scrap, story, voice acting and gameplay to do that, but trust me, it's a great experience anyway.

Just returned from my hands-on with Nathaniel Chapman, George Ziets, Sasha Grey and Mr.T. :sorcerer:

If there aren't crates then I'm not buying it.

How about Barrels instead?

Only if the barrels come in crates.

That's a dangerous combination sir, do we have the technology?

Voice Over: "The crate, container. An RPG staple barely alive."

Voice Over (continued): "Gentlemen, we can rebuild them. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first barrel-crate. Dungeon Seige III will be that game. We can make them better than they were before. Better, stronger, more capacity."

Title Card: The Six Million Dollar Crate

AP had tons of crates. I'm assuming this trend from Obsidian will continue.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"