Dungeon Siege 3

• 11 months later...

sorry my english is not good, i am a chinese.

i have to say, we are very disappoint about this game.

Developer:

you can sell this game. but don't use "dungeon siege" brand, don't tell us its made by obsidian!

the demon game let us feel this is a hybrid of torchlight and diablo3. and confusing about what is it. ARPG or ACT!

we won't admit it.

poor camera. poor sound when hit, poor control.

is it really hard to make dungeon siege 3???

just use dungeon siege 2 mode. what you should do is just upgrade the meshes, change the story, change the action, give us more exciting things.

do you know why SC2 looks like SC? why blizzard had not changed everything in SC but only meshes?

because there hasn't any big things can be changed, if you change it, this game would be destroyed!

be smart, ok?

player~~~

Edited by kevin

just use dungeon siege 2 mode. what you should do is just upgrade the meshes, change the story, change the action, give us more exciting things.

DS2 wasn't any good to begin with. doing that would be suicidal.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Do the Chinese name their kids Kevin these days?

do you use your name as your forum ID ???

if it is, i have no question.

but we dont

I didn't mean any insult, just you did use a name not a moniker. I guess you used a fake name though, which answers my question :lol:

DS2 wasn't any good to begin with. doing that would be suicidal.

what about MOD?

DS3 is not support for MOD?

Do the Chinese name their kids Kevin these days?

do you use your name as your forum ID ???

if it is, i have no question.

but we dont

I didn't mean any insult, just you did use a name not a moniker. I guess you used a fake name though, which answers my question :)

ah i see.

it is my first time in this Forum.

i just very very very disappoint after played demo game. so registered an account carelessly.

just want to say something can change it even i know it is impossible.

i love DS2.

I understand your frustration kevin, I'm not exactly thrilled at the direction Obsidian took Dungeon Siege in. It is what it is though...I think Obsidian is just lucky I have a lot of money and no games to buy that week lol.

what about MOD?

good question.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

• 1 year later...

First of all thank u for creating and developing DG3, despite its far from Diablo killer its still decent and has several advantages but some cons as well, here r my views and advices:

- Keep or improve graphics towards more realistic style. Either keep the current design or to improve it to be more realistic and believable to player, dont with cartoonish graphics like Diablo3 or Torchlight. If u listen u will be unique as there r not many similar games left on the market using realistic graphics.

- Try to keep scary, darker, gothic environments, there is nothing better than adrenaline pumping and heart beating situations when u face your enemy. U can still keep light and color with places which r safe but I would recommend u to go this way. Again u will be quite unique as there r not many games left to play apart from Diablo 2.

- Try to add more NPC voices, sometimes in the city u have a feeling one male and female is talking to u. It would be good to see more variety. Add more music themes dont stick with the one all the time as its quite boring after while. Try to create one theme for each place which will be describing it and it will be cool to listen to. For example like in Divinity 2 u have whistling theme when u enter village and its pretty catchy u will remember it. Or Tristram theme in Diablo, music can do really much to keep the player in the game.

- Improve camera, make it more "in control" of the user, avoid situations when auto camera sticks with completely wrong angle, especially when u attack enemy and player has to move it to see them. I saw this happening on both PC and Xbox360.

- Develop new, more easy to use interface, which will be intuitive and not complicated to use. For example when u r changing party member u r accessing different menu, on Xbox360 u use "Select" button. Try to make it more easier with one button press and accessing everything u need, keep it simple. Also changing party member should be possible to do both over menu or fast switch during gameplay, probably before or after u fight.

- Dont just port game from consoles to PC, allow additional features to PC like keys change and more options regarding controls. More advanced graphic and sound options would be good to have as well but there is no need to go super deep if its going to take too much time. Also key change on Xbox would be a bad idea, at least choosing from predefined layouts would be nice.

- Highlight "Transmute" funcion and its use, dont restrict it to gold only and add new funcions like transmuting items for other party members to u and backwards. Maybe introducing some new element like its in Diablo3 wouldnt be bad to make alchemy and transmuting more fun. Like in TES Oblivion creating your own potions is lot of fun and its a mini game aside from your main and side quests.

- From gameplay point of view, try to make game more sandbox and open wide game for exploration, DS3 is quite linear not allowing u to explore more. Point of good RPG is adventure u must allow it more by adding more side quests and more varieties between them affecting each other as well. Having more NPCs would help here as well, especially those u can spot once or during some time of the day. More interaction with environment adding adventure element to it can expand game and overall gameplay experience. Time limited quests r interesting as well but notify player about it in the conversation with the NPC.

- Character classes copy the RPG standard of having meele, magic and something between character. This idea works good one fights another thinks, study and uses magic. If I look at it this way I understand that Katarina is there to be something like demon hunter/assassin character which completes the idea of having Lucas as fighter, Anjali as chosen one magic creature and Katarina something different but still between. Now I dont completely understand what Reinharts role here but he seems to be something like mage nerd or something. some mechanical android almost. I understand he kind of fits in the story and its introduced as last but I wasnt really getting impression he is something need to have in your team. He looks more like a outsider than part of the team, not sure if this was the purpose but whatever. I think if u could add him more Monk type of gameplay with ability to fast teleport as his basic feature it would be understandable to play as him. He is not that strong as I thought however this avoiding enemy vanishing move his has almost looking like teleporting is pretty cool and could be used as ability. Personally I dont think many classes is a good idea but in your case 4 folks is a sweet spot.

- Try to add more items Ive seen many similar items coming all the time, it would be good to see some variety and more sellers as well. More improvements of your weapons or armors using either transmute or other enchantment features would help.

- Storyline was nothing I havent seen before but it wasnt bad, try to add more twists and decisions have to make as a player. Try to work more on getting better voice acting as well some actors like Odo or Lucas r not really into the game, u have a feeling they just read a script nothing more. Try some emotional situations like that u will come close to somebody and then u will loose him due to decisions or made or something what not directly impacted him.

- Last and not the least expand the game to more different places and cities. Some distant villages or places u never seen before would help here. Also try to differentiate people in different cities, villages or tribes. They really dont have to look like villagers from some Russian movie, try to be more creative.

Thats all, quite a lot, hope some of these advises will help to trigger new fresh ideas, which will make next DS a better game. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I just tried DS3 Treasures of Sun DLC and I have to say its pretty good. Too bad there r not more to play, most likely there was a plan for more judging from empty rows in the DLC list. New features like enchantments r interesting idea but it could be deeper like in Diablo 3 or Titan quest, anyway whole story and quests were having good paste and kept me interested. Also its interesting that DLC timeline is before end of the game, only if there could be more options which would carry out the decisions u made. I have to say that DS3 is only Diablo like RPG, decent to play on current consoles. I think this is an advantage, there should be more games like that. I believe that games like Diablo 3 could be made on consoles but of course they would struggle with their current model, but its possible and DS3 proved its also lots of fun. Hope that DS4 will get some sponsorship and that we will something in the future...