Obsidian making Dungeon Siege III

Well i am late to the party but i need to say that i am very happy Obsidian is working in DE 3. I hope they make it better than the previous games .

Well i am late to the party but i need to say that i am very happy Obsidian is working in DS 3. I hope they make it better than the previous games .

Can't wait for someone to sign Obsidian up for a third person shooter or maybe a racing game.

Or maybe branch out into iPhone development? I hear there is good money there...

While it may not be your favorite type of RPG, an hack&slash game still is an RPG.

So it's not like they make a game from an entire different genre all of a sudden here...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

And at least we get an actual forum to talk about it in!

:ermm:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Man, I can't believe how much hate this topic possess. The game has been barely announced and already people bash it, guys, it's cool, don't like it? then move along, go spend your time onto something better tyvm.

So far I've enjoyed all Obsidian games despite their flaws, and I'm sure this one will pleases me too. If someone was looking for blockbuster games then they maybe should go and play MW2 and all those AAA titles that sells like pancakes but don't have any substance in them.

Edited by yoomazir

So far I've enjoyed all INTERPLAY games despite their flaws, and I'm sure this one will pleases me too. If someone was looking for blockbuster games then they maybe should go and play Dungeon Siege and all those AAA titles that sells like pancakes but don't have any substance in them.

Talk about Deja-vu. It's like going back in time and see posts about Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel !!!

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

You know what? This will be good.

Seriously, think about it. I thought both Dungeon Sieges were horrible crap, but that was mainly due to the complete and utter failure the story, writing, setting and characters were. And boring quests. And Obsidian is always, always awesome at these.

Ironically this is the perfect franchise for Obsidian to take up. It's a fairly big franchise, it'll get good sales, and it'll get a lot of interest. I'm sure they will be able to use their Onyx engine, since the last game is from 2005 and they can't use the engine again. Because the game itself was so, SO bland and colourless in almost every department, from backstory to art style to even gameplay, this is actually like a license to create whatever game they want.

To me, combined with the concept art, do you know what this sounds like?

A single-character Icewind Dale in a non-D&D fantasy setting with co-op.

Not bad at all.

Can't wait for someone to sign Obsidian up for a third person shooter or maybe a racing game.

Or maybe branch out into iPhone development? I hear there is good money there...

While it may not be your favorite type of RPG, an hack&slash game still is an RPG.

So it's not like they make a game from an entire different genre all of a sudden here...

Don't presume to know what I like and what I don't. I love good hack and slash games like Diablo, but I feel that Obsidian's talent is going to waste making a co-op action-oriented RPG based on a forgotten IP with quite a bit baggage.

Sure it might turn out great or at least bring them some money, but at the moment I'm skeptical.

Also, maybe tackling another genre or making some budget download only games is what they need to get some of that old Black Isle creativity out?

Edited by Purkake

My biggest concern is will this find an audience on the consoles? These types of action-RPG's remind me of the RTS genre, in that they've had a lot of success on the PC but much less on the consoles.

AP is actiony.

Don't we have a thread about people who wished it was entirely stat-based instead of player-influenced.

Result? Hack&Slash! :sorcerer:

Ironically this is the perfect franchise for Obsidian to take up. It's a fairly big franchise, it'll get good sales, and it'll get a lot of interest. I'm sure they will be able to use their Onyx engine, since the last game is from 2005 and they can't use the engine again. Because the game itself was so, SO bland and colourless in almost every department, from backstory to art style to even gameplay, this is actually like a license to create whatever game they want.

Better not travel to Utrae I suppose, the Hassat want you dead now :lol:.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Wow...this to me is a complete shocker...

I would've expected Gas Powered to be doing DS3 here. I wonder if they still own the IP - and if they don't, who does?

I expect Obsidian's always outstanding characters and storytelling will make its way into a Dungeon Siege game - which is something I think the series could benefit from.

Anyways, I wish Obsidian the best w/ this game here and hope they can polish the holy heck out of the game before it actually officially drops.

My biggest concern is will this find an audience on the consoles? These types of action-RPG's remind me of the RTS genre, in that they've had a lot of success on the PC but much less on the consoles.

Sacred II was pretty popular from what I remember, but then again it had Anubis from the future riding a unicycle and firing lasers...

One thing that I forgot is that how ever this turns out, having a testbed for Onyx is always a good thing. (If it does indeed use Onyx)

Sacred II was pretty popular from what I remember, but then again it had Anubis from the future riding a unicycle and firing lasers...

Temple Guardian's the name :) And yeah, Sacred 2 is a great game and even if it sold better on consoles....it still sold poorly. But I think there is a market on console for the "loot" game genre, just look at Borderlands, more than 3M copies sold ( the fps aspect did help for pple to get aclimated to the loot and skils trees).

I would've expected Gas Powered to be doing DS3 here. I wonder if they still own the IP - and if they don't, who does?

They do. The DS development is a mixpot though.

DS1: GPG/MS

DS1XP: Mad Doc/MS

DS2: GPG/MS

DS2XP: GPG/2K

DS PSP game: GPG/2K

DS3: Obsidian/Square Enix

Change devs and producers much?

^

They do. The DS development is a mixpot though.

DS1: GPG/MS

DS1XP: Mad Doc/MS

DS2: GPG/MS

DS2XP: GPG/2K

DS PSP game: GPG/2K

DS3: Obsidian/Square Enix

Change devs and producers much?

Aaaactually the PSP game was developed by SuperVillian.

This game (series) is more like Neverwinter Nights right, when it comes to camera, gameplay, etc. rather than KotOR II and Alpha Protocol?

If yes, to that question, then I'm a bit skeptical. I find it a bit waste of time to develop... this game. Obsidian's resources are better spent elsewhere, on another game. But - I'll keep an eye out for this one anyway, I might come across something interesting.

TSLRCM, the mod that Wookieepedia doesn't want you to know about:

http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Aaaactually the PSP game was developed by SuperVillian.

Ooooops. My bad.

I am a Dungeon Siege fan, but not enough to buy a PSP for just one game. And it was deadly silent on the PSP section of the forums...

^