Fallout: New Vegas

Ohh and Josh, I'm looking at you, lets not have the face-gen in a dark area at the end of a tunnel or with unnatural lighting so you can't gauge the skin tone until you press 'next' and load the game world proper, possibly having to re do everything because now you can see that your arms are brown and your face is yellow with excessive cheek rouge.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

If there are repair kits in the game, which that box would appear to indicate, that is just groovy and all I can say is, BEST GAME EVAR.

If you have to buy that edition to get the repair kits, then I will indeed do so.

Josh, are there repair kits in the game? Or just that edition?

Ohh and Josh, I'm looking at you, lets not have the face-gen in a dark area at the end of a tunnel or with unnatural lighting so you can't gauge the skin tone until you press 'next' and load the game world proper, possibly having to re do everything because now you can see that your arms are brown and your face is yellow with excessive cheek rouge.

seconded.

Although I didn't even bother mucking aroudn with facegen in FO3. I just took default faces and changed the skin and hair color a bit. I didn't have the patience for facegen like I did when I played Oblivion.

Edited by Slowtrain
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

If there are repair kits in the game, which that box would appear to indicate, that is just groovy and all I can say is, BEST GAME EVAR.

If you have to buy that edition to get the repair kits, then I will indeed do so.

I read that as the preorder just starts you out with four repair kits vs starting with zero repair kits. I cant imagine that would be the only four reapir kits in the entire game.

I didn't have quite the trouble with faces as I did in Oblivion, but yeah the whole superdark image makes it impossible to actually gauge the face you made, the skin tone etc thing didn't work for me in FO3.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

hell yes for repair kits.

scavenging other weapons for parts is a good idea, but should definitely NOT be the only way to repair your gear

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

hell yes for repair kits.

scavenging other weapons for parts is a good idea, but should definitely NOT be the only way to repair your gear

Which raises the question - can weapons be "destroyed" to make repair kits? Or will one have to sell extra weapons fo rthe caps to buy a repair kit.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I read that as the preorder just starts you out with four repair kits vs starting with zero repair kits. I cant imagine that would be the only four reapir kits in the entire game.

Those could also be additional repair kits, as the starting gear is modified depending on your char, so one with points in repair might get some of these too.

sweet. Thanks, G1.

Adding repair kits is just about the best thing they could do.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Inside the Vault with Scott Lawlor

How involved are you in the music of New Vegas?

We have made a number of changes and improvements to how we approach music in this game. We want the music to flow freely and guide the experience for the player. Music in this game is tied to locations and is reactive to how the people in the locations feel about you. For example, in the first town in the game, the exploration music has a gentile, rustic feel. As you enter and leave the town you can hear layers of instruments beings added or removed from the soundscape. It even morphs the instruments subtly as it turns from day to night. However, if you decide to start shooting all of the innocent townsfolk, the music changes and becomes dark and disturbing and also seamlessly morphs into battle variations of the music.

The goal of the music in Fallout New Vegas is to score the experience that the player is having. If you are playing as a morally corrupt character, the music should reflect that with a dark, menacing score. If you ally with certain factions over others, the music in their camps and locations will reflect their attitudes toward you. As I had said before, I am a fan of the small details in sound and these changes in music should deeply affect the experience for the players without them ever even realizing it.

Very nice! Like it already. :sorcerer:

Why Vegas? Doesn't strike me as a very apocalyptic city to have fun in. That's what I liked about DC, a large city in a ruined state. Vegas would pretty much still be in one piece because no one would care to nuke it.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Why Vegas? Doesn't strike me as a very apocalyptic city to have fun in. That's what I liked about DC, a large city in a ruined state. Vegas would pretty much still be in one piece because no one would care to nuke it.

It's 200 years after the war.

If you ask me, having another ruined enormous city with path blocked with rubbles would be MUCH MUCH more boring.

i liked fallout 1's towns the best, a good mix of ruined cities and upstart towns

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

If you mess around in the face gen for 40 mins you can create something superior to the NPCs and the pre-gens. I used the Hispanic or Asian female face as a base. Don't have a screenshot though. The same was true of Oblivion.

The face gen is fighting you every step of the way though. I hope it will be possible to load and save face parameters and add to the presets.

Agreed 100%

I used an Asian female base too, and it looked decent after minutes (hell, hours) of intense tweaking. And still it wasn't anywhere near my pathetic excuse of an "attempt" at a female model in Dragon Age.

Yeah, if we're going by that "Caravan Pack" picture, I'd say the same thing. For binoculars, too.

Mind the "Exclusive" for the armor and shotgun. I wouldn't expect them to make an addition as awesome as "repair kits" exclusive to a pre-order pack, anyway.

+1

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

Creating an attractive female in FO3 didn't take that long for me. Try making a good looking Imperial chick in Oblivion. Nearly impossible.

But as for males... the yokel-meter is even higher than in Dragon Age.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The problem is that the models they use for morph targets in the facemaker are rubbish. They could hire a freelance character artist to get some proper nice faces there, but I suppose Bethesda will be Bethesda.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

1UP Conference/Podcast Schedule

June 15th, Tuesday

9AM: Nintendo Press Conference

12PM: Sony Press Conference

Stage show video demos from the 1UP booth: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Fallout: New Vegas, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2, Killzone 3, Game TBA #1, Game TBA #2, Game TBA #3, Little Big Planet 2, Epic Mickey

4 Guys 1UP podcast - Special day 1.5 early episode

4 Guys 1UP podcast - Day 2 recap w/Warren Spector

The problem is that the models they use for morph targets in the facemaker are rubbish. They could hire a freelance character artist to get some proper nice faces there, but I suppose Bethesda will be Bethesda.

If you've tried mart's mutant mod, it gives a taste of what's possible through the raiders. Some of it's a bit silly with the skin tones, but overall there's a lot more variety in the facial models and textures in regards to realisticly average-ugly looking people, rather than the four or five person samey templates that are stock. I thought it was a pretty refreshing little touch.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

Creating an attractive female in FO3 didn't take that long for me. Try making a good looking Imperial chick in Oblivion. Nearly impossible.

But as for males... the yokel-meter is even higher than in Dragon Age.

It took me several months to make a face that didn't look like it had exploded in Oblivion, regardless of the race (well, no I take it back, I just didn't worry about the face of the lizard people although I hated their scale coloration)