We need a sequel!

Just throwing it out there.

This game is brilliant and it definitely deserves a second installment. Importable savegames with overlapping CnC like in ME2 (maybe just a bit better :)) would be great but even if that cannot be pulled off, this game definitely deserves a sequel.

Hope commercial success is good enough to warrant one.

To make a sequel with a working import feature (think about all the variables in this game, all the endings...), a total revamp of the combat system, graphics upgrade, core gameplay redesign.... that would be a massive undertaking, one i doubt SEGA would be willing to back, considering the game's reception. Unless it's selling very well, in which case a sequel is inevitable, but I don't think it is right now. We'll see.

To make a sequel with a working import feature (think about all the variables in this game, all the endings...), a total revamp of the combat system, graphics upgrade, core gameplay redesign.... that would be a massive undertaking, one i doubt SEGA would be willing to back, considering the game's reception. Unless it's selling very well, in which case a sequel is inevitable, but I don't think it is right now. We'll see.

The Conduit averaged a 69% on Metacritic and flopped horribly in sales, yet Sega is doing a sequel to that with High Voltage.

The Conduit averaged a 69% on Metacritic and flopped horribly in sales, yet Sega is doing a sequel to that with High Voltage.

I remember reading a bit back before AP dropped that Sega was already looking at the thought of AP2.

I wonder if Sega is thinking the same thing now, given the reviews. I wonder how well the game sold across retail for all platforms and for digital distribution PC channels...

I remember reading a bit back before AP dropped that Sega was already looking at the thought of AP2.

I wonder if Sega is thinking the same thing now, given the reviews. I wonder how well the game sold across retail for all platforms and for digital distribution PC channels...

I'm so hoping Sega doesn't abandon their plans for a sequel. Polish up some of the complaints people have and my god, AP2 would be so damn good. I already love AP1. I could only imagine a sequel. Get 'er done, Sega!

Obsidian said they already sent them concepts and such for AP2 in a past Game Informer.

Edited by Libertarian

I'd would love a sequal eventually. (First they may want to sort out the bugs I keep hearing about. I haven't seen them but...) First, however, some DLC would be nice. I'd like to get my hands on the DLC with the pistols that have silencers built in.

Edited by SpiderMan1217

Does whatever a spider can.

I'd would love a sequal eventually. (First they may want to sort out the bugs I keep hearing about. I haven't seen them but...) First, however, some DLC would be nice. I'd like to get my hands on the DLC with the pistols that have silencers built in.

I hope no DLC and straight sequel. I hate DLC.

Hate is a very strong word. Besides DLC provides players with something to do wail we wait for something new.

Does whatever a spider can.

Hate is a very strong word. Besides DLC provides players with something to do wail we wait for something new.

Replay the game a 10th time just for the built-in-silencer pistol and a smoking? No thanks.

Patch(es) and either expansion or sequel. Spare me the Sims crap.

NO, I'D HATE A SEQUEL :)

Don't buy it then.

Edited by Oner

If they'd wanted to really make this a true interactive spy thriller, they'd have to goto ridiciulous lengths in terms of player interaction with the environment. Such as:

1. Making your safehouse a location in the gameworld, not just a hub from which you quick-travel to and fro.

2. Going with #1, making each location where the missions take place more or less a miniature city. This'll make the more mundane things like traveling to and from a location where you just blew up more interesting.. cops on your tail and you having to lose them (GTA somewhat..).

3. Make a variety of missions. The mission where you scope out people with the sniperrifle was a good start. Do something more, like actually having to go to a ball and mingle with the crowd and gather information, bull**** and all that jazz.. bond style. Also, you could include simple tailing missions where you tail suspect from a to b. You could also wiretap people, places, etc.. Missions involving places in the middle of nowhere would be just that, nowhere.. multiple routes to infiltrate over a large area, like crysis almost.

4. The AI needs to be more unforgiving even on normal mode. Quicker reflexes, hear father.. and way way way way better line of sight. Maps would have to be redesigned so that guards would have actual patrol routes, take coffee breaks, pee breaks, food breaks etc.. this would mean maps have a finite amount of guards spawned at one time, not spawning at predetermined points when you reach a checkpoint. Reinforcements are possible, but they'd have to come from off map: ie. APC or airvehicle.

5. As much of a loneranger you are, some missions will require more assistance than your handler. Hiring NPC help to assist you *throughout* the mission would be another idea. Your list of hires would be determined by who survived last game and who you were friendly with, etc.. for example: if you kept scarlet alive, you could hire her as either sniper support or as a seductress for intelligence gathering missions (that involve balls, parties and such). Her unique skillset would determine her effectiveness at both.

6. Expand on the RPG system. Having a skill set is nice, but wouldn't being able to determine if your personal thorton was a bodybuilding brick house or a tiny jet-flee martial artist, or a suave deboniare or a mix of all the above? Having personal traits to choose from at the beginning instead of as achievements would make them more personal to your character.

7. [insert text]

Wow, nice to see so many people agree (though I guess it's to be expected on the devs forum ;)).

Anyway, just wanted to say that all these rather ambitious plans sound good in theory but I'd say they are probably hard to implement in a fun way. As someone already said, importing saves and CnC from part one would spawn a massive number of permutations if you want to do it well.

Similar problems probably occur with sandbox like hubs, etc.

I'd already be more than happy if they#d just make improvements on some of the gameplay features like more freedom of movement in the maps (get rid of the jump points and let us climb over chest high walls), better AI, etc.

I guess the next thing on my wish list would be the savegames but as I said, I realize it would be extremely difficult.

I actually didn't mind the hub and mission structure at all. I think it made for a good narrative.

Well, however they are going to do it, one thing i for sure: this game needs a sequel!

I agree with the rest of you, a sequel should be done as long as Obsidian do not get rid of the unique features of this game (dialogue, RPG elements, narrative, choices and results) in order to attract casual gamers.

I would request just more refinement or "polishing" first, then more features.

Edited by edgarcuk

I'd buy and play any game that shares AP's strengths, sequel or otherwise.

I doubt that reviews can have much effect on the chance of a sequel - the sales figures will likely (and should) have more impact.

And from what I can tell, it's always harder to launch an original IP than it is to develop an existing one, almost regardless of the original's success. Based on this assumption, we can say that if Sega wants to publish another spy RPG in a contemporary setting, it'll likely be an AP sequel.

A dull boy.

A sequel would be great and would fix the majority of the game's issues. I do hope Obsidian takes a cue from Bioware, let game profiles from AP1 carry over to AP2 so your decisions from that game have ramifications in AP2, etc. etc.

Because that's definintly how they should play it out, go the Mass Effect 2 route.

I'm so hoping Sega doesn't abandon their plans for a sequel. Polish up some of the complaints people have and my god, AP2 would be so damn good. I already love AP1. I could only imagine a sequel. Get 'er done, Sega!

Obsidian said they already sent them concepts and such for AP2 in a past Game Informer.

A sequel would be really nice, I'm loving this game, though I do hope they don't listen to too many of the complaints about the game, some of them (from reviewers) have been damn right stupid. Some reviewer wrote "It's not fun to have maths dictate wether or not I hit something, that's not fun!" wich is a downright foolish remark when reviewing a RPG. Please, please don't go the ME2 road!

If they'd wanted to really make this a true interactive spy thriller, they'd have to goto ridiciulous lengths in terms of player interaction with the environment. Such as:

1. Making your safehouse a location in the gameworld, not just a hub from which you quick-travel to and fro.

2. Going with #1, making each location where the missions take place more or less a miniature city. This'll make the more mundane things like traveling to and from a location where you just blew up more interesting.. cops on your tail and you having to lose them (GTA somewhat..).

3. Make a variety of missions. The mission where you scope out people with the sniperrifle was a good start. Do something more, like actually having to go to a ball and mingle with the crowd and gather information, bull**** and all that jazz.. bond style. Also, you could include simple tailing missions where you tail suspect from a to b. You could also wiretap people, places, etc.. Missions involving places in the middle of nowhere would be just that, nowhere.. multiple routes to infiltrate over a large area, like crysis almost.

I would'nt mind this at all, but at the same time I'd prefer them to keep it simple, possibly more missions/locations aswell. Building an interesting city would take them alot of time and resources I reckon, possibly too much. I do like the idea of more social "mingling" missions and wiretaps though.

4. The AI needs to be more unforgiving even on normal mode. Quicker reflexes, hear father.. and way way way way better line of sight. Maps would have to be redesigned so that guards would have actual patrol routes, take coffee breaks, pee breaks, food breaks etc.. this would mean maps have a finite amount of guards spawned at one time, not spawning at predetermined points when you reach a checkpoint. Reinforcements are possible, but they'd have to come from off map: ie. APC or airvehicle.

Don't think they need to overdo it though, what with toiletbreaks and all. But they should impove it, no doubt about that, and perhaps have some more random patrols on higher difficulties aswell. AI reacting to dark and light areas in the same way as the Thief games perhaps?

5. As much of a loneranger you are, some missions will require more assistance than your handler. Hiring NPC help to assist you *throughout* the mission would be another idea. Your list of hires would be determined by who survived last game and who you were friendly with, etc.. for example: if you kept scarlet alive, you could hire her as either sniper support or as a seductress for intelligence gathering missions (that involve balls, parties and such). Her unique skillset would determine her effectiveness at both.

I would prefer if you had some amount of control of your assistance, instead of them going in on their own, coordinating your attacks so to speak.

6. Expand on the RPG system. Having a skill set is nice, but wouldn't being able to determine if your personal thorton was a bodybuilding brick house or a tiny jet-flee martial artist, or a suave deboniare or a mix of all the above? Having personal traits to choose from at the beginning instead of as achievements would make them more personal to your character.

I myself don't mind terribly if they keep things simple here, it's more important to balance the allready existing skills better than they are, and polishing it up a bit better. Better menu's, perhaps adding a few more looks to the mods of your weapons (I.e. reflex/laser-sights and scopes looking the part, and not as a scope with a reflex sight)

I would'nt mind if they use the existing engine as is, with just a few bugfixes - I just want to have another game like this one. Not for them to make an "Beta Protocol" that is to Alpha as ME2 is to ME1.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken