Which gameplay additions would YOU add?

As in, non-story related stuff. Keep it within reason, please. Any mention of saberwhips is punishable by castration.

Example:

- I would add some kind of mechanic to make the switch between Light Side and Dark Side more believeable. By the time I was on the Temple with Bastila my first time through, any 'temptation' offered by the Dark Side was pretty thoroughly destroyed by my preponderence of Light Side powers. What's the temptation of effectively destroying your own set of powers?

To make up for this, when a Light Side character slips far enough into the Dark Side, I would offer some system of force power trading; i.e. two levels of a Light Side power initially picked can be converted into one level of a Dark Side power, or vice versa. Perhaps even an equal trade, but that might cause balance issues.

Any you can think of?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

1)  Saberwhips

Look on the bright side; the Vienna Boy's Choir needs a new Soprano.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

My post wasn't necessarily directed at you, but at the recent posters in general.

edit: and to comment on Ivan's post, one thing I kinda wanted was where if you chose to be LS, then DS Force powers should have been either completely unuseable, or should drain your Force points completely after one use. And vice versa for DS characters using LS Force powers.

I always felt that you weren't really penalized enough for using the Force powers of the opposite alignment that your character was.

I also felt you didn't get "punished" for it either. I mean, my guy was a glowing white, pillar of good, holy ghost angel himself, and I was using Force Storm like there was no tomorrow without incurring any DS points or whatnot.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well GhostofAnakin kind of took the words right off my keyboard with his idea there.

Another thing I would like to see is a graphic for your character when they are a high level LS, when you are a powerful dark sider you get the veiny evil ugly look, something similiar when you go LS would be nice.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

:) I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

I would like more battle animations especially a different set of animations when a single character is facing off against multiple opponents.

There should be more dodging and defensive manuevers when one of your characters is in a lightsaber duel with three dark jedi. Right now its basically just your character interacting with the enemy targeted while the other baddies just stand there making their attack animations.

This would be especially cool for the guardian class, since they work most closely with the lightsaber.

I guess for this to work, the programmers would have to allow your character to target a group of enemies rather than a single opponent.

Imagine your Jedi Guardian feinting in one direction then simultaneously dodging and kicking a high horizontal lightsaber slash from a second enemy then quickly striking the third enemy when he/she moves in to hit you in the seemingly defenseless opening you left while feinting.

I've been reading too many Chinese martial arts novels.

Hmm I suppose problems might arise when you want to use flurry or Power attack or Critical strike

I guess it could work like this :

You choose flurry as a combat action : You quickly make a series of lightning fast attacks at all your opponents driving them back

You choose power attack as a combat action : You concentrate on defeating one enemy with powerful strikes while heavily hitting away the blows from others.

You choose critical strike as a combat option : You dodge and dance in a masterful rapier style of attack, using thrusting attacks to hit the vital organs of the enemy.

Yah...it would take way too much time to implement I suppose, especially when the animations would have to differ from single, dual and dual-bladed lightsabers

One can wish though.

I imagine all those attacks in my head while I play anyway. :)

I would personally like to see a Jedi Master type difficulty unlocked after I beat the game once. To throw a little added challenge.

Or some side quests featuring extremely hard bosses that you don't have to beat to finish the game.

I think Obsidian has pretty much everything else I want covered.

But if I want to be spoiled then I wish for lucas arts to start working on a new engine for KOTOR 3 that will address all the problems the devs are facing now. So this could help with KOTOR 3 being released Dec. 05? I'm hoping...

I would like to be able to fight two enemies at once. For instance, I have a droid on my left side (free hand) and a dark jedi on my right (light saber). I would like to continue fighting/defending against the dark jedi and at the same time force push the droid(s). Maybe thats a little too John Woo....but it would look cool.

Me, I would throw out the engine and make it an FPS with sword fighting elements. But thats just my opinion on what I would do if I could add any gameplay aspects to my version. If I could add more gameplay in general

Computer puzzles would be nice, more then just boring numeric sequences. Something more like EF2's puzzles but more chalenging and more realistic. For example rerouting power from a door lock so it could be opened manulaly, the challenge would be rerouting the power to several small devices and a large device, one would have to balance it out before the computer would notice something going wrong or failing to do so could jam the door and force u to take an alternate route.

Add crouch and Jump to the game to allow for more varried battles and for alternate routes such as air ducts and matinence corridors. Alternate forms of stealth and such

Get rid of the force power restrictions on armor and put inplace some new gameplay aspects to keep it in check, which I can't think of at the moment

Add a more complex pathing system so party members don't trap the PC

Note that no offense is intended by this comment and I am merely responding to the topic question

Me, I would throw out the engine and make it an FPS with sword fighting elements. But thats just my opinion on what I would do if I could add any gameplay aspects to my version. If I could add more gameplay in general

Computer puzzles would be nice, more then just boring numeric sequences. Something more like EF2's puzzles but more chalenging and more realistic. For example rerouting power from a door lock so it could be opened manulaly, the challenge would be rerouting the power to several small devices and a large device, one would have to balance it out before the computer would notice something going wrong or failing to do so could jam the door and force u to take an alternate route.

Add crouch and Jump to the game to allow for more varried battles and for alternate routes such as air ducts and matinence corridors. Alternate forms of stealth and such

Get rid of the force power restrictions on armor and put inplace some new gameplay aspects to keep it in check, which I can't think of at the moment

Add a more complex pathing system so party members don't trap the PC

Note that no offense is intended by this comment and I am merely responding to the topic question

That game sounds a lot like Jedi Academy. Well without the FP Lightsaber mode, or puzzles or party members. :blink:

As in, non-story related stuff. Keep it within reason, please. Any mention of saberwhips is punishable by castration.

Example:

- I would add some kind of mechanic to make the switch between Light Side and Dark Side more believeable. By the time I was on the Temple with Bastila my first time through, any 'temptation' offered by the Dark Side was pretty thoroughly destroyed by my preponderence of Light Side powers. What's the temptation of effectively destroying your own set of powers?

To make up for this, when a Light Side character slips far enough into the Dark Side, I would offer some system of force power trading; i.e. two levels of a Light Side power initially picked can be converted into one level of a Dark Side power, or vice versa. Perhaps even an equal trade, but that might cause balance issues.

Any you can think of?

Sorry for the double post

Well since the dark side is supposed to be so addictive(for lack of a better word) and this game is based on dialogue, could the dialogue options just be a lot more different if the PC has gone too far down the dark path so it would limit what you could do. Not sure for the light side since it was easier to fall from the light than renounce the dark (Opinion)

Taking on multiple enemies at once would be great. Perhaps something like whirlwind attack or spring attack from NWN (DnD) would be fealsible as the rule set for NWN and SW:KOTOR are very similar in many ways (Both D20).

Looking at the trailer, it seems as if the whirlwind style attack is in so Obsidian seem to have it covered off.

I recently started replaying KOTOR again, mainly due to finding out that this game is so close. One thig I would really like is more save points, especially after cut scenes.

I certainly wouldn't mind getting the Cleave and Whirlwind feat from NWN.

I'd also like Droid equipment (flamthrower, stun ray) to be more like Force powers than Sheilds. (IE, the droid has to 'charge up' between uses rather than a number of charges on the item.)

I'd like party members to path ~around~ mines that they can see.

I'd like to tell a party member to 'loot' and have them automatically get stuff from corpses & possibly containers.

For that matter, I'd like the long list of what we can tell party members to do like in HotU. IE, "Stay stealthed until I tell you otherwise." "Stay stealthed until combat." "Use Buffs regularly." "Don't use buffs."

Add Force Affinity Feats/powers, that gives bonuses to other powers. (such as eliminating Dark/Light penalty)

Physical (force jump, aura, speed), TK (push, force jump, choke) , life (heal, life drain), telepethy (force persuade, mind control... that was going to be in 2, right?) energy (energy resistance, lightning), tools (destroy droid, disregard non-feat requirements for gear like Marko's gloves).

These could also affect the standard abilities & feats of the character

A Jedi Wookie.

Human Replica Droids.

I want Galaxies for the X-Box to be made using the Aurora engine. I want Lucas to dump Galaxies and go with an Aurora engine game where people can make their own servers, we just pay to use the 'Lucas Official' one if we want.... oops, that was off topic, wasn't it?

I want to play through KotOR 1 using the upgrades from 2. (Hey, they're selling Street Fighter II repackaged now. KotOR 1 where you can kill Juhani and not miss a character slot or have to choose between Calo and Canderous wouldn't go over well? Yeah, right.)... dang, I keep going off topic, don't I?

OK, this one is on topic...

When going through a Race or Space battle, allow us to put in Racer's Revenge or Jedi Starfighter and use them instead of a cheap minigame.

The ability to urinate on ur victims! :blink:

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I am not in favor of a skill trade as convenient as it may sound. Instead I would like to see the Light Side powers corrupted by the dark side. Maybe unpredictable or reverse result. In either case there would be less whining about skill points lost once you find your light or dark side hidden intent.

(Signatures: disabled) 

The idea about the droid items being infinite is great. I rarely used them since I figured that after pressing the button several times it's gonna be gone anyway, why bother?

The mechanics for fighting multiple enemies are great as well. Though the core rules need not be changed, you can easily place animations that "simulate" multiple attackers.

I would like romance to affect battles slightly. Perhaps NPCs whom you have started romancing with can play more dramatic animations when you are around, and vice versa. Or they can act more aggressively if you start to take heavy damage?

The force trade is a good idea. If you were trying to roleplay a Revan that was coming back to the light only to be hindered by the discovery of his heritage and to fall again, you would essentially cripple yourself since your light side alignment would drop AND you got stuck with lightside powers. This would open a world of options for roleplay far more than a rigid set would.