so how is this game on pc

figured since you know,pc games usually come and have patches.that sooner or later theres gonna be a patch to fix all the stuff ive heard that was bad about this game.but i dont know,this game is sort of wierd as far as reviews go,everyone ive talked to said the game is pretty good but all the reviews say it has alot of bugs and is bad

just wonderin how the game is on pc.im kinda not wanting to get it on pc id rather get it on ps3 cuz ive had some bad luck with pc games lately(i bought stalker call of pripyat,it worked for a day.then started crashing randomly.then i bought battlefield bad company 2 and the same thing happened.and i had to actually get some hardware to cuz something messed up when it did crash).ill post the specs of my pc but i mean i figured my pc seems good enough to play games like this

its a dell studio xps 8000

intel core i7 cpu 2.80 ghz processor

8 gigs of ram

nvidia geforce gts 240 video card

cuz ya,id rather make 100% sure first that my computer can actually play it before i do decide to get it for pc instead of ps3.but i mean i heard the game was like mass effect and i was addicted to mass effect 2 when it came out.so i figured id like this game but ive heard some pretty bad reviews about it

Edited by CrunkJuice

Get it for PC. Trust me, there is actual aiming.

ya i think thats one of the things i heard that was bad about this game was the aiming.but i dont know,i kinda wanna start back playin my ps3 cuz i dont really feel like paying 50 bucks for a game that isnt gonna work,even though i mean my pc is a pretty good pc.but i also heard someone on another forum happen to say that maybe my graphics card was messed up so i dont know

I have the PC version, and it plays fine. Encountered no PC specific bugs (like crashing, mouse stuttering, and whatnot). I even have no problems with the hacking mini game (was difficult at first, but I'm a master at it now).

Still, if others games you own tend to crash on your PC, I don't think getting AP for the PC would be a good idea until you fix your computer.

Crashing can be caused by bad drivers or bad hardware. In very few cases will a malfunctioning graphic card cause crashes (it usually just freezes the screen or starts giving you artifacts that get progressively worse). Bad graphic drivers could be a possible cause, however. I suggest updating all of your drivers and scanning your computer for viruses. If that won't help, your problem is almost certainly hardware related.

When dealing with hardware, I always start with RAM first (you can use this simple but quite effective app [detected errors in my ram on more than one occasion] to test your ram) because it's the easiest to test and to replace. If no errors are found in your RAM, your problem is most likely the motherboard (which is indeed a pain to replace). CPU's usually don't break down unless you overclock them. Still, it happens on occasion.

Edited by SpaceAlex

I have the PC version, and it plays fine. Encountered no PC specific bugs (like crashing, mouse stuttering, and whatnot). I even have no problems with the hacking mini game (was difficult at first, but I'm a master at it now).

Still, if others games you own tend to crash on your PC, I don't think getting AP for the PC would be a good idea until you fix your computer.

Crashing can be caused by bad drivers or bad hardware. In very few cases will a malfunctioning graphic card cause crashes (it usually just freezes the screen or starts giving you artifacts that get progressively worse). Bad graphic drivers could be a possible cause, however. I suggest updating all of your drivers and scanning your computer for viruses. If that won't help, your problem is almost certainly hardware related.

When dealing with hardware, I always start with RAM first (you can use this simple but quite effective app [detected errors in my ram on more than one occasion] to test your ram) because it's the easiest to test and to replace. If no errors are found in your RAM, your problem is most likely the motherboard (which is indeed a pain to replace). CPU's usually don't break down unless you overclock them. Still, it happens on occasion.

hmm,well as far as ram goes.when i described my problem i had with my previous game that didnt work,he happened to mention something about my video card being messed up.but what happened was,the game worked perfectly fine the first day i played it,then i started playing it again like the next day.and the game froze,so i force restarted my pc.and then my monitor just happened to like shut off(it went blank,but i didnt accidently bump it and turn it off or anything)so i restarted my pc again but this time i couldnt turn it back on

turns out i had to replace my ethernet cable.and i havent played the game since,i guess if your saying the game is alright though i might just try getting it,and if the same thing happens then fix the problem and play the game again

There are a few glitches that fortunately have very easy fixes available, like missing dialogue and mouse problems.

Otherwise, it works very well. You'll actually get headshots here.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

There are a few glitches that fortunately have very easy fixes available, like missing dialogue and mouse problems.

Otherwise, it works very well. You'll actually get headshots here.

can you please specify on the easy fix for the bug"missing dialogue" because i am rather upset right now. played thru the tutorial several times, on pc, and have a problem i cannot figure out. when it comes to the dialgue bar that is timed, i see the buttons to choose, but no words next to them, such as suave, professional, etc...i have no idea what i am clicking on...and if i set it to use my xbox controller, i see button x,b,a,y, etc...but still no words next to the choices where i have 5 seconds to pick one. neither in the conversation with Mina or with the guy at the end of the training level. I have not chose to go further to see if its just in the training level yet, but how do i fix this, its frickin annoying.

I have a system that's about 3 years old, and was able to play at max settings at 1680x1050 at about 30-50 FPS with no problems. A few minor glitches here and there, but nothing that a reload didn't solve.

Aiming is *only* frustrating when you're starting the game and have very few points in your weapon skill of choice. As the game progresses, the action starts flowing very well - better than ME1, I'd say. Some things are overpowered (chain shot), some are underpowered (shotguns), but overall it's still quite nice.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I actually really enjoyed shotguns on my second playthrough. A close up shot to the head bugged most guys up real good. And with a large group of people, the special ability would knock them all down and let you stomp on them to take them out of the fight.