Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What I miss in Alpha protocol

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

C2B

C2B

Lazy Assistant of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4139 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Alpha Protocol focuses on the paramilitary side of the espionage house. But think about it. Real espionage is akin to digging through a pile of **** and trying to find a diamond; pretty much what Parker does. Many people would find that boring, hence the emphasis on field work. At least that's how I see it. As for reptitive (sp?) takedowns... there are only a handful of ways to KO/Kill and enemy without making a ****load of noise, so being reptitive (sp?) is unavoidable.

You can also buy a silence for the pistol and mix it up a little.

razgriz_1400

razgriz_1400

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 38 posts

Alpha Protocol focuses on the paramilitary side of the espionage house. But think about it. Real espionage is akin to digging through a pile of **** and trying to find a diamond; pretty much what Parker does. Many people would find that boring, hence the emphasis on field work. At least that's how I see it. As for reptitive (sp?) takedowns... there are only a handful of ways to KO/Kill and enemy without making a ****load of noise, so being reptitive (sp?) is unavoidable.

You can also buy a silence for the pistol and mix it up a little.

I was referring to hand-to-hand combat, but a suppressed pistol is a must, IMO. Even when not running a stealth build, a suppressed pistol is a useful thing to have. Your milage may vary, however.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users