Those having difficulties with some of the minigames being to hard

I'm just curious, what difficulty were you playing at?

I know some people are saying that they had some hacking/bypasses that are ridiculously hard, while I likely had LESS character skill and found it easier.

Examples would be people with 5 letter hacks instead of my 6, or 10 nodes in 20 seconds for a bypass instead of my 7.

I just realized, I am playing on Normal, and one guy I was talking with was actually playing on Hard. I think the difficulty level affects the difficulty of minigames too.

It probably also depends on your level.

My first and second hub; all easy. Third hub; the mini-games suddenly got a lot harder (Normal). 5 thread became 10. Hacks got a lot shorter with less time, as did the lockpicks.

At the end I just let the alarm blaze 24/7 :D (what harm does that do anyway?)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

It probably also depends on your level.

My first and second hub; all easy. Third hub; the mini-games suddenly got a lot harder (Normal). 5 thread became 10. Hacks got a lot shorter with less time, as did the lockpicks.

At the end I just let the alarm blaze 24/7 :D (what harm does that do anyway?)

The difficulty is definitely level based (odd design choice since I don't think the enemies are level dependent) and I suspect they're difficulty based as well. In my second hub on Hard, the bypass keycard mini-game had 10 fuses to disarm and I'm now up to twelve. My hacking strings are also four-five letters long, the scramble timer runs about four seconds and one mistake will basically kill all your time and set off the alarm.

Which is good... if the controls weren't so sluggish on the PC. If people are having trouble on the PC version, I'd suggest they invest enough sabotage that they can just EMP grenade them.

Also, I have a feeling that store prices are difficulty based because I've only been able to afford one gun and one low level armour. Can't buy mods, upgrades, and really only have enough cash for intel and a few gadgets.

Also I think that what some people are missing is that it is supposed to be hard/impossible for some characters. If your guy specializes in QCQ a weapon and toughness than he shouldn't be able to hack very easily, it wouldn't make alot of sense in the context of the game

I played on normal and early on the minigames were easy, but I started getting alarm hacks that had 10 nodes to finish in 20 seconds which was nearly impossible for me. Putting to points into sabotage made the minigames SO much easier. I'd recommend ANY class of character spend those 6 AP on getting 2 points of Sabotage. :p

Also I think that what some people are missing is that it is supposed to be hard/impossible for some characters. If your guy specializes in QCQ a weapon and toughness than he shouldn't be able to hack very easily, it wouldn't make alot of sense in the context of the game

Specialization in Sabotage with 14 points. I was getting Bypasses with 10+ points, Hacks with 15 second timer, 4 second resets and 4-5 letter combinations. This was on hard difficulty. I would assume that at 14 points I should be able to hack most if not all objects.

I'm not entirely sure what all affects the difficulty of the minigames. I was getting those hack settings on the last mission in my second hub, but on the first few missions of the final hub I was back up to 25+ seconds with 8 letter combos and 4-5 node bypasses.

Specialization in Sabotage with 14 points. I was getting Bypasses with 10+ points, Hacks with 15 second timer, 4 second resets and 4-5 letter combinations. This was on hard difficulty. I would assume that at 14 points I should be able to hack most if not all objects.

I'm not entirely sure what all affects the difficulty of the minigames. I was getting those hack settings on the last mission in my second hub, but on the first few missions of the final hub I was back up to 25+ seconds with 8 letter combos and 4-5 node bypasses.

There are perks you can unlock as well as gear that will make the games easier. Also when you are talking about the last level of a game on hard, I would be dissipointed if it wasnt difficult wouldnt you?

There are perks you can unlock as well as gear that will make the games easier. Also when you are talking about the last level of a game on hard, I would be dissipointed if it wasnt difficult wouldnt you?

I had the perks, but was not using the gear. I would be disappointed if it was too easy to complete on hard. I would however appreciate it being possible when that is exactly the type of situation that my character is built and specialized for. I have yet to be able to beat an 11 or 12 node bypass with a 20 second timer. Similarly, those hacks are maddening with sluggish PC controls, especially when you have to complete two hacks within a time limit.

I had the perks, but was not using the gear. I would be disappointed if it was too easy to complete on hard. I would however appreciate it being possible when that is exactly the type of situation that my character is built and specialized for. I have yet to be able to beat an 11 or 12 node bypass with a 20 second timer. Similarly, those hacks are maddening with sluggish PC controls, especially when you have to complete two hacks within a time limit.

Havent played the PC version but have heard that it is harder to control. Might sound stupid but I didnt know it for a while, on the node hack you can go from far left to the far right allowing you to skip from side to side, that helps sometimes too. Also I think part of the problem is that you need to multitask, for instance I normally am looking at the other nodes while moving to the one I need, this allows me to be constantly moving and not waste any time.

Best part about it though is you can skip most of the minigames with EMP charges anyway so at least the devs realized that the games werent for everyone.