Just a few bugs.

WOWthatSUCKS

Question

As I have been going through the game I have encountered a very large amount of bugs that make the game even more difficult than just playing on the hard difficulty setting and using the recruit class. To be perfectly honest, I have seen at least 3 bugs on every mission. I cannot name them all simply because I did not write the down, reason being, I have been trying to enjoy the game, not test it for bugs.

Every time that I use the "Iron Will" ability, I have (what seems to be) a 20% chance of having the ability active while standing still and completely incapable of moving. When this happens I cannot even aim or even move the camera.

Throughout the game there are hundreds of places to hide in cover and shoot or use equipment from these spots. Well, there are also hundreds of cover spots that you can go into, but that is all you are doing. is going into cover, no shooting, no aiming, nothing but just moving the camera and Mike from one side to the other.

While I had my battle with Marburg in the museum, he had the power to walk on thin air above the stairs. About 25 feet about the stairs, and once he got there he could not do anything other than shoot me. I wanted to take advantage of that to kill him, but I'm not the kind of guy to take advantage of a bug like that.

During that same time in the museum, if you would run into the elevator for cover from Marburg and his men, you can throw equipment out of the elevator from cover on either side, but you cannot throw remote mines through the elevator door. Every remote mine stuck to thin air as if there elevator doors were closed and made of glass that was just cleaned with Windex.

I have run into one issue quite a bit and it started in the G22 "secret" hide out. After failing an attempt to hack, pick or bypass some obstacles, I cannot use that specific thing I tried to unlock. For instance, I attempted to pick a lock to grab a weapon mod, I failed to pick the lock in time, triggered the alarm, and when I came back to disabling the alarm, I could no longer pick the lock. The icon still appeared above the lock, but as I hit "A" to attempt or "B" for use an EMP, the lock would not be affected, and the gate would just be a wall rather than a gate.

These are just a few issues I have been experiencing throughout my game. I do not mean to sound like I am complaining, but rather just sending a heads up for some of the bugs that are out and about.

If only Raid-X could affect every type of bug, I wouldn't type this up.

p.s. I find it hilarious when I die anywhere in the game, Mike has the capabilities to jump and smack his face every time. It's even funnier when he dies from a fire and jumps 8 feet for a nice smash on his head lmao!

8 answers to this question

I only have experience the cover bug, but it depends if you hit the cover button or not, specially behind a column, when this happens, I just get off the cover stance and keep behind the cover spot.

I haven't experience the other bugs, they seem more like glitches... sometimes I don't get the signal for hacking a computer, but it never happened in the same computer and when I restart the game, the signal is there.

Another thing, is Mike walking by himself, it happened sometimes...

The issue with Mike walking on his own is simply solved by switching controllers. That issue is known to happen on a large variety of games.

I see how some of these could be glitches, but like I said, I have experienced a lot more than the few things I mentioned. I just did not think about writing them all down until it was too late.

Some of these issues truly are bugs though. For example, the issue with going into cover is not a simple glitch. It could be a program command might have an error of some sort that does not read some of these cover spots as anything but a big wall. Hence the reason why you cannot do anything but move from that cover spot.

The issue I had with Margburg ended up happening to Brayko as well. Only Brayko was above the stage. Then even when the blinding lights came about, he was doing the running man with his guns out, and the same would happen after he had his nice hand full of coke.

The issue with Mike walking on his own is simply solved by switching controllers. That issue is known to happen on a large variety of games.

I see how some of these could be glitches, but like I said, I have experienced a lot more than the few things I mentioned. I just did not think about writing them all down until it was too late.

Some of these issues truly are bugs though. For example, the issue with going into cover is not a simple glitch. It could be a program command might have an error of some sort that does not read some of these cover spots as anything but a big wall. Hence the reason why you cannot do anything but move from that cover spot.

The issue I had with Margburg ended up happening to Brayko as well. Only Brayko was above the stage. Then even when the blinding lights came about, he was doing the running man with his guns out, and the same would happen after he had his nice hand full of coke.

I've experience that bug as well, but if you go into cover and you cannot aim, try to go to the very edge of the wall, pillar or box and aim... well, I've got the Improved Pistol Critical Hit (Advanced) and when in cover, I can do critical hit. I think it's more a design problem, since the cover system is quite dodgy.

With regards the other bug, I haven't experience it, so far Margbug and Brayko are fine but I've seem that behaviour a couple of times with other enemies, being stuck moving in a specific location.

Yes, it happens, sometimes, this is a bug, indeed. The workaround I use: do not press "A" to be in cover mode, instead, cover behind... or on cover mode, go to the very edge and aim...

I've seen more bugs in this game than on most other PC games... This is a Console game for crying out loud.. At least do "some" proper form of internal testing before releasing it...

I've seen bugs like, fire grenades not showing the patch of fire on the ground and enemies not catching fire even when standing in the middle of them.

I've seen bugs like, bullets not doing any damage (on any NPC)

I've seen plenty of other bugs as well which i can't be bothered to explain in details here and now.

Sorry Obsidian but this is just not good enough for a Console Game... Sloppy is more like it...

I didn't buy the game to be a beta tester. I bought it so that I could play, have fun and hopefully get some kind of entertainment out of the game. Sadly, the only thing i've been getting is frustration.

I've seen more bugs in this game than on most other PC games... This is a Console game for crying out loud.. At least do "some" proper form of internal testing before releasing it...

I've seen bugs like, fire grenades not showing the patch of fire on the ground and enemies not catching fire even when standing in the middle of them.

I've seen bugs like, bullets not doing any damage (on any NPC)

I've seen plenty of other bugs as well which i can't be bothered to explain in details here and now.

Sorry Obsidian but this is just not good enough for a Console Game... Sloppy is more like it...

I didn't buy the game to be a beta tester. I bought it so that I could play, have fun and hopefully get some kind of entertainment out of the game. Sadly, the only thing i've been getting is frustration.

Just one post to express your opinion, fair enough... the strange thing is that you refer this game as a PC, yet you say is not enough for a console game... if you have got the 360 version, you are in time to return your copy for a full refund...