It's Not a CLIP!!!!!!!!!!

For the love of all that is holy they are called magazines already! As a fellow gun owner, and lifetime NRA member this is just ridiculous.

Clips are what know it all fan boys (who couldn't tell a p90 Ruger from a FN p90) think loads ammo into firearms. They are called MAGAZINES!!!!! Clips are used to band together large rifle rounds, for the sole purpose of keeping them together. The clip never goes into the firearm. That is what magazines and belts do.

Edited by chop

For the love of all that is holy they are called magazines already! As a fellow gun owner, and lifetime NRA member this is just ridiculous.

Clips are what know it all fan boys (who couldn't tell a p90 Ruger from a FN p90) think loads ammo into firearms. They are called MAGAZINES!!!!! Clips are used to band together large rifle rounds, for the sole purpose of keeping them together. The clip never goes into the firearm. That is what magazines and belts do.

Honestly if you are going to get upset about this you have to get mad at every single shooter game ever made. They all call these things clips. Its to the point now where it doesnt even matter what it really is because it has become a synonym for magazine. Sorry it bothers you but you are just going to have to deal with it.

It would be nice if they got it right, tho'. :D

(I mean, is it so hard to check wiki? :thumbsup: )

And while the guns are fictional, name-wise anyway (and, well, it is a game), some semblance of 'accuracy' helps w/ 'immersion', esp. for folks who are familiar w/ terms and the like.

Re: clips

hehehe, it's not just large rifle rounds, I think. Weren't there pistols that used a stripper clip? (Mauser C96, for example)

If there's anything I'd complain about, it's how a lot of the guns seem to MISSING their magazines in-game (not to mention how weird some of the guns look at times). :lol:

Meh, I served in the military for 4 years.. even veteran, battle experienced soldiers I served with often slipped up and called them clips (I have too even).. it's just easier to say... I was only in a firefight twice in my military career in Afghanistan.. and yet in our second engagement I managed to expend 6 magazines on my m4a1 while suppressing the enemy's position (it was a nasty standoff sniping engagement along some mountainsides, took us 4 hours to kill them all and even then, some got away... vest saved my life too in that fight, hehe)...

And during that fight, after I emptied my 6th (and final) magazine, I could have sworn I turned to my buddy and said: "clip" (indicating to him in 1 word I needed ammo).. not "magazine"... was just easier, shorter, faster to say during a firefight.

Then again, I'm Canadian, so maybe we Canuck soldiers just aren't such "gun nazis" and all hehe.

Edited by Hathur

Actually, I think we should just start calling them collections of computer generated, colored pixels which the human brain is capable of interpreting as an object found in real life. You know, since we are trying to be accurate and all...

OP, It can be frustrating for not just gun owners. I know a few physical anthropologist who do a face palm whenever people call primates such ass the Bonobo Chimp, a monkey. It is almost impossible to educate the masses on such topics because culturally they become conditioned to say something else, especially if it is seen as "easier" or more fun. Clips and Monkeys are just that, even when used wrong.

Actually, there are plenty of firearms which are loaded by inserting cartridges still held together with a clip -- and therefore the clip itself -- into a fixed internal magazine. The M1 Garand of WWII fame is a well known example of such a weapon. It actually can't be fired without the clip. Clip-fed rifles might be obsolete today, but that is another issue.

Hissy fits are funny. Hissy fits by people who can't even get their facts straight, are hilarious! :lol:

Meh, I served in the military for 4 years.. even veteran, battle experienced soldiers I served with often slipped up and called them clips (I have too even).. it's just easier to say... I was only in a firefight twice in my military career in Afghanistan.. and yet in our second engagement I managed to expend 6 magazines on my m4a1 while suppressing the enemy's position (it was a nasty standoff sniping engagement along some mountainsides, took us 4 hours to kill them all and even then, some got away... vest saved my life too in that fight, hehe)...

And during that fight, after I emptied my 6th (and final) magazine, I could have sworn I turned to my buddy and said: "clip" (indicating to him in 1 word I needed ammo).. not "magazine"... was just easier, shorter, faster to say during a firefight.

Then again, I'm Canadian, so maybe we Canuck soldiers just aren't such "gun nazis" and all hehe.

I'm glad you made it out okay!

The guns are fictional, why should we care about the part names? I think you are just nitpicking Chop.

The gun names are fictional, the guns are of course real. But I see what your saying.