I really hope not, to be honest.

I concur. I don't like the culture that DLC promotes. It's bound to have an effect on the way developers approach and design their games. Games like System Shock 2 or planescape torment could never be made in the age of DLC's. It takes a whole different philosophy so to speak.

However, if the DLC 's are few, fairly priced, and actually add substantial content in the same spirit of the original game (remember Bioware's Darkspawn Chronicles debacle?...ouch), then I'd buy them just to show support to the company.

I am not keen on DLC, I prefer expansion packs, but an expansion is doubtful so yes, in this case I would like a few DLC's.

A DLC could easily add a few missions to the game, weapons clothes and armour, I would like to at least see that added.

~R.I.P. Adam aka "Ild

If it's DLC along the lines of what CD Projekt Red did for 'The Witcher', then that would be great! :thumbsup:

(w/ emphasis on the 'free' aspect of the 'enhanced edition' :lol: )

I'd like to see DLC, so long as it's not 'lame' (i.e., 'aesthetic' DLCs, like 1 or 2 of the DLCs for ME2).

An expansion DLC would be nice (I do agree w/ those who thought that the game was quite short...). A new city (or 2...or 3 :lol: )? Perhaps w/ post-main game consequences taken into consideration?

I liked the DLC's of Borderlands (2 of the 3), it gave a lot of hours of playing or Fallout 3 DLC. If it's like that a few more hours, I would be incredible happy

Who are you "Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, mr. Thorton, Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, agent Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Michael Thorton, etc....."

"Oh the candy dish! That's right - that's where I left my keys" Heck YEAH!!

DLCs will be great, I'm willing to pay for them... besides is a good revenue source and it can add many enhancements to the main game. I noted with ME2, every DLC adds additional objects and textures to the main game.

The issue with DLC for me, especially in a game like Alpha Protocol, is that it rarely fits into the main game very well. It'd be a huge undertaking to try to retrofit more missions or another safehouse location into the existing game, and while you can always make a stand-alone add-on, in that case it seems like more sense to just do a full expansion pack. I suppose you could go the microtransaction route and make players pay for new guns, but... frankly that seems pretty pointless to me, considering the wealth of equipment the game already has.

Actually I think it fits perfectly.

Armour, clothes and weapons are easy DLC. It fits easily with the clearinghouse.

Missions are also not too hard, so many factions and so many agendas, all it takes is Mikey to be e-mail or contacted through his TV and be given access to a new mission location. What the missions are, is not important, Obsidian have one good thing going for them and that is writing, so no matter what the missions are, they would be interesting and in keeping with the AP story.

Edited by Kasabian

~R.I.P. Adam aka "Ild

The issue with DLC for me, especially in a game like Alpha Protocol, is that it rarely fits into the main game very well. It'd be a huge undertaking to try to retrofit more missions or another safehouse location into the existing game, and while you can always make a stand-alone add-on, in that case it seems like more sense to just do a full expansion pack. I suppose you could go the microtransaction route and make players pay for new guns, but... frankly that seems pretty pointless to me, considering the wealth of equipment the game already has.

I understand where you are coming from but it would be cool to see them have an endgame safehouse and some like freelance type missions working for G22 or other allies in the game.