Helicopter Disappeared Bug

fabiorgc

Question

18 answers to this question

Odd, when I had that glitch once the helicopter was gone, but the gate was already broken down, too. Try shooting the gate with the rocket launchers... but I suspect you should just try reloading (restart game, reload checkpoint). If that doesn't work after a few tries, trying again from the safehouse... though, in this case, that's a long way. :thumbsup:

Odd, when I had that glitch once the helicopter was gone, but the gate was already broken down, too. Try shooting the gate with the rocket launchers... but I suspect you should just try reloading (restart game, reload checkpoint). If that doesn't work after a few tries, trying again from the safehouse... though, in this case, that's a long way. :thumbsup:

It works, but I had to restart loading from safehouse. My tip: save last checkpoint before fight with Darcy.

Thankx man.

Hello,

I've got the same problem. In the helicopter mission theres no helicopter for me. I tried reloading the mission, shooting with the rocket launchers the gate directly, reloading from the safehouse and do the whole mission again, reinstalling the game, replaying the whole mission with another handler but nothing, still no helicopter...

Has anyone got a solution for this?

Thx for help

Nobody got an idea how to finish this mission? I would really like to finish the game.

Btw, if they are working on a patch (and i think they really should) they should keep in mind the checkpoint load bug. Thats really horrible everytime i die and i reaload directly there are no enemies so i have to manually reload from the last checkpoints and it takes sooo long... :lol:

Manually reloading takes sooo long? Just select Load Checkpoint, not Reload Checkpoint when you die. 2 extra seconds. :sorcerer:

We'll do the same deal as the Al-Bara bug - if anyone is really stuck at this point and can't get past no matter what they do, upload the save here and I can have a look and see if I can get past that point.

Ok i'll try to upload it when i am at home...

I always try to load checkpoint but then there are no enemies/mission targets. So thats why i always have to reload checkpoint. And well it are some seconds more in the load screen but if you die a lot... :lol:

If you need the information: My system:

i7 920

Powercolor 5850

Gigabyte X58a-ud5

6gb tri-channel ram

Intel G2 Postville 80gb

Should be enough for this game :shifty:

Thanks for your help

Hi.

Yeah, I had the same problem. And was in a similar situation to the guy in the other thread who was a stealth build.

There are a few relevant checkpoints.

1. Before the Darcy fight

2. Just after killing Darcy (Checkpoint 3 comes almost as soon as you leave the area, so make sure you save as soon as possible)

3. Just before you turn the corner after leaving the Darcy area

In my experience, checkpoint 3 never worked, but checkpoint 2 sometimes works.

Also, with Checkpoint 2, sometimes the helicopter would not be there but the gate would be down anyway.

I eventually finished the area by reloading Checkpoint 2, the helicopter wasn't there, but I finished the area by killing the first few enemies before going around the corner with the truck, then going Shadow operative and running around using takedowns on all the enemies. The gate was down even with the helicopter's absence.

Other times the helicopter wasn't there but the gate was still up.

So, my recommendation is to get past the fight with Darcy, save the checkpoint (Checkpoint 2, above) and keep reloading that one until the gate is down, helicopter or no.

Annoying, but at least you don't have to fight Darcy again, which took me about 12 attempts.

Good Luck,

Caveman42

Edited by Caveman42

By the way, is it possible to change the Subject line of the thread, "Bug in last fase" to something like "Helicopter not appearing in final mission" to make it easier for people who have the problem to find the topic?

The closed thread had a much more appropriate subject line.

Edited by Caveman42

By the way, is it possible to change the Subject line of the thread, "Bug in last fase" to something like "Helicopter not appearing in final mission" to make it easier for people who have the problem to find the topic?

The closed thread had a much more appropriate subject line.

I give up. I posted the disapearing chopper bug other thread. The gate never opens without the chopper being present. I reloaded the entire mission from the safe house save. Did it again, same thing, over and over.

I then deleted the initi file I changed to fix horrible mouse control in mini games and put back in the original. Played it all again, same bug.

It isn't getting better, it is getting worse. Often even if playing through from 2 checkpoints back, the chopper is not there.

I could go away angry and cursing, I won't:) I'll just say that, Obsidian, you have a gem of a game, my outlook on you will be whether you support the game post release. I give up trying to finish it, and will judge further purchases of your games on how you support this one.

There was a time game dev's put out patches frequently, even if just fanservice patchs to fix bad UI choices or other quality of life things. We'll see how this goes, so far not even a word of "we are looking into a patch".

Tip to getting the most out of life: read before you post.

We'll do the same deal as the Al-Bara bug - if anyone is really stuck at this point and can't get past no matter what they do, upload the save here and I can have a look and see if I can get past that point.

Upload your save. :(

Tip to getting the most out of life: read before you post.

Upload your save. :)

I've finished the game so this won't help me personally, but this kind of assistance gets you my 'Moderator of the Year' award.

Good stuff, Tigranes!

No problem - if you play again and encounter it again feel free to upload the save.

Hell, maybe by then we'll have a patch to fix the issue - I can't think there's not one coming.

I have to ask, has everybody been triggering the alarm in that last area? Whenever I can't get the gate to open, moving in front of a turret or picking a fistfight with one of the guards out there causes the gate to open as the men inside come to reinforce.