Can't advance story...EMP charges are broken.

So I am in Tampei and the only way to advance the story is by hacking a bypassing a door lock....it has ten nodes and 15 secs to do it and they are all mixed up so looking for each number and then following the thread takes time....there's no way to do it, I can't break the door and EMP charges thrown at the base of the door do absolutely nothing when they detonate....wtf? How in hell am I supposed to continue if I can't get to a critical objective?

You need one point in Sabotage, have EMP grenades selected, then walk up to a mini game and the Use EMP option pops up.

It worked....I was fortunate....extremely fortunate that I had exactly 3 unspent AP points laying around to put in a sabotage point....if sabotage is critical to advancing the game why not give one point in it to start with for every single class? Retarded game design choices....I played 80% of the game without ever needing sabotage.

It's not critical, it's a different option. If you thought the minigames were too hard, why didn't you look at investing points in Sabotage? O_o

There should also be a dossier to make the door easier.

It's not critical, it's a different option. If you thought the minigames were too hard, why didn't you look at investing points in Sabotage? O_o

There should also be a dossier to make the door easier.

Because most of all the bypass minigames were relatively easy with 3 or 4 nodes to cut in 10 to 15 secs....this door all of a sudden had 10 nodes to cut in the same ammount of time.....the only other doors I saw have that difficulty were irrelevant...like shortcuts to places you'd reach anyway....NOT to a critical mission objective. I NEVER once needed an EMP charge before to open something since the tutorial...and it the tutorial the charge worked with exactly 0 points in sabotage....shouldn't the tutorial say something about that? Like I said....retarded game design choices.

I'm not sure how far along the game you are, but if you didn't put any points into sabotage, then there are tons of difficult bypass minigames all over the place. If you never trip an alarm or put one out, of course, you might just have never seen one so far, as a matter of coincidence.

You do realise that if you ever looked at the descriptions of the very first sabotage skill, you would have known about this. Of course, when we're frustrated, everything seems 'retarded'. :ermm:

I'm not sure how far along the game you are, but if you didn't put any points into sabotage, then there are tons of difficult bypass minigames all over the place. If you never trip an alarm or put one out, of course, you might just have never seen one so far, as a matter of coincidence.

You do realise that if you ever looked at the descriptions of the very first sabotage skill, you would have known about this. Of course, when we're frustrated, everything seems 'retarded'. :ermm:

I finished all the hub places except Tampei and I am almost done with Tampei too....about to reach the end-game....I always explored every area to death, opened just about everything I could. Never needed an EMP charge before...the hardest bypass I did before was 6 nodes...NEVER 10 nodes.

I never needed to read the description of Sabotage and the fact remains that the tutorial has EMP chages work just fine in opening a door with 0 sabotage points so why would I think I'd all of a sudden need a skill for the charge to work when the tutorial said nothing of it?

Edited by Fallen Ghost

Alright, let's assume that you, being thorough, went through every mission, and explored everything. But you never had a single point in sabotage. I don't get it - when I did the same in my Normal/Recruit playthrough with zero points in sabotage I saw at least ten bypass minigames with 10 nodes. :/ (Which I could do, by the way, they're not 'impossible', which would be a problem)

The tutorial lets you score critical hits with your pistol, by the way, even though you can't do that until you've levelled up. Same deal with giving you a free Awareness skill. Sure, maybe they could have said it explicitly - but in the end, I just don't think it's that big of a deal. I guess we won't agree. :ermm: