ID Jibril Al-Bara at the Chateau glitch. PLEASE HELP!!!

Reg1.1

Question

I have posted the problem numerous time, sent an IM to a developer and yet nothing has been said on what to do to fix this issue.

On the second part of this mission, when IDing bothe the prostitute and Peter van der Graaf, I get the data transmited, but Mina says nothing, the sniper stays locked on to the target forever, and the game can no continue from there. I have reloaded saves/ reinstalled the game/ shot everyone/ reinstalled windows/ played a new game up to the same point to no avail, the issue persists and I want to know what Obsidian is going to do about it, because I payed my hard earned money for this game, waited for it for years and know I can not play it, because of a bug. Someone please help, this is driving me nuts.

I'm also having this problem. My game has not been updated to 1.1 yet. Please help.

It's the wrong save file. The save you've provided is in the Saudi Arabia safehouse. An easy way to get a save file at the Sniper mission is to play to the part where you get the glitch and let it autosave. Then quit the game. The autosave file is the one labeled "default" in the checkpoints folder.

I finally got the second part of the mission to work, myself. All it took was to reset the APEngine.ini file to original settings, meaning

UseBackgroundLevelStreaming=true

OnlyStreamInTextures=false

OneFrameThreadLag=true

and then playing the game on the lowest resolution. I also did the flicking thing, where you allow the ID meter to fill just a bit at a time with the black guy in the suit, Van Graaf and that Corsa stripper woman, though I don't know if that helped.

Hope this helps someone.