I think they forgot some things when they programmed the AI. For a hacked turret is not treated as a hostile target, and therefor the enemy can just stand/walk infront of one slowly getting mowed down but they do nothing about it. They just stand there and take the beating until they die. You'd think that they would at least fire back.

Fight with Omen Deng; on the construction the zip line didn't respond had to reload and go through it again.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Hmmm... those zips might act like ladders, inoperable when an enemy is on them.

However ladders become available again if you shoot the opposition from them, maybe zips don't even if they should?

(Never seen enemies use zips though...)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

However ladders become available again if you shoot the opposition from them, maybe zips don't even if they should?

I did and afterwards it was non responsive.

Also a new one, the mysteriously appearing enemy that pops out of nowhere even when you have master awareness.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

My experience on the 360:

-Mike would sometimes just start walking forward without touching the movement stick. Same as seen in the The Escapist video review.

-While not technically a glitch, the texture loading is THE worst I've seen in an Unreal 3 engine game. Every time in the menu things would take 2-3 seconds to load textures and things would go blurry when exiting any menu. When loading a new area sometimes faces took up to 30 seconds to get their textures loaded. Its a shame they couldn't get the texture loading as good as Mass Effect 2.

-During one mission the XBox froze up. So far it has only been this one time so it may have been just a random freeze.

-Got stuck on a wall. This was rather irritating as there was no debris around. I just walked too close to a wall and suddenly couldn't get away. I eventually freed myself after crouching, spinning and moving wildly.

-Some general AI stupididty like engaging you in battle and then just suddenly deciding to leave and go climb a ladder nearby without taking any damage.

-During the training mission, the part where you are supposed open a door with an EMP didn't work. It took about 20 tries before the EMP did what it was supposed to.

Certainly not my worst experience with a game as far as bugs go.

-Mike would sometimes just start walking forward without touching the movement stick. Same as seen in the The Escapist video review.

-While not technically a glitch, the texture loading is THE worst I've seen in an Unreal 3 engine game. Every time in the menu things would take 2-3 seconds to load textures and things would go blurry when exiting any menu. When loading a new area sometimes faces took up to 30 seconds to get their textures loaded. Its a shame they couldn't get the texture loading as good as Mass Effect 2.

-During one mission the XBox froze up. So far it has only been this one time so it may have been just a random freeze.

-Got stuck on a wall. This was rather irritating as there was no debris around. I just walked too close to a wall and suddenly couldn't get away. I eventually freed myself after crouching, spinning and moving wildly.

-Some general AI stupididty like engaging you in battle and then just suddenly deciding to leave and go climb a ladder nearby without taking any damage.

-During the training mission, the part where you are supposed open a door with an EMP didn't work. It took about 20 tries before the EMP did what it was supposed to.

Certainly not my worst experience with a game as far as bugs go.

The first complaint is actually an issue with your analog stick slightly sticking. It doesn't do this in all games, only those with very sensitive movement recognition. The recently released Deadly Premonition also would cause this due to the left analog stick slightly stick in a certain position at times (up and a little to the left being the most common).

On your second complaint, Mass Effect actually has worse texture pop-in. I recently played it through again and the pop-in is probably the worst of any game using the Unreal Engine 3. While they do pop after loading menus in Alpha Protocol, the textures take much less time to actually load in than in Mass Effect. Btw, I'm talking about the original, not Mass Effect 2, which drastically improved engine performance, but still had slight texture pop-in.

On your second complaint, Mass Effect actually has worse texture pop-in. I recently played it through again and the pop-in is probably the worst of any game using the Unreal Engine 3. While they do pop after loading menus in Alpha Protocol, the textures take much less time to actually load in than in Mass Effect. Btw, I'm talking about the original, not Mass Effect 2, which drastically improved engine performance, but still had slight texture pop-in.

I disagree. I certainly don't remember people's faces taking 30+ seconds for their textures to pop in playing Mass Effect 1. This happened multiple times during cutscenes. It was really odd at times with certain peoples faces loading and looking great and one or two faces looking like someone had thrown water at a painting.

Even if my memory is faulty and ME1 did have worse pop-in, its still disapointing to see a new U3 Engine game with this problem when most of the newer ones have fixed the problem almost completely. Its not a game killer but its really distracting.

I disagree. I certainly don't remember people's faces taking 30+ seconds for their textures to pop in playing Mass Effect 1. This happened multiple times during cutscenes. It was really odd at times with certain peoples faces loading and looking great and one or two faces looking like someone had thrown water at a painting.

Never took me that long for the textures to load on my 360.

Encountered a nice animation bug last nite though. Guard was just about to jump from a rooftop to another when I shot him. His body ended up waving in the wind like a flag on a flagpole... :D

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

The only bug I encountered (360 version) was when an item drop (from an enemy) didn't have an "activation" button when I got on/near it.

Other than that, totally smooth sailing -_-

Even if my memory is faulty and ME1 did have worse pop-in, its still disapointing to see a new U3 Engine game with this problem when most of the newer ones have fixed the problem almost completely. Its not a game killer but its really distracting.

While I also get a delay, it is no longer than 2 seconds.... in fact, in the cutscenes I never experienced it. I only experience that effect of "water on painting" when customise Mike.

I think at least one of the enemy goons arrives via zip line in the final fight.

I got the 360 version. I'm on my second playthrough, and I haven't seent any of these.

I agree, but the big difference is that all the bugs the OP's are talking about are in the PC version. The Xbox version is almost bug free and plays more smoothly than the PC version.

You can compare in the tech forums and see how many posts are for the PC and for the consoles, so far in Xbox there are about 4 meanwhile for the PC there are about 74...

I am the OP. I know what I am talking about.

Does whatever a spider can.

I got the 360 version. I'm on my second playthrough, and I haven't seent any of these.

I agree, but the big difference is that all the bugs the OP's are talking about are in the PC version. The Xbox version is almost bug free and plays more smoothly than the PC version.

You can compare in the tech forums and see how many posts are for the PC and for the consoles, so far in Xbox there are about 4 meanwhile for the PC there are about 74...

I am the OP. I know what I am talking about.

I am not saying you don't know what you are talking about, I just highlighted the difference between the PC version and Xbox 360 version... not all the comments are from Xbox users and those ones with Xbox, they state it in the comments...

Those 2 bugs seem more like a console problem, have you installed the game into the 360?. Freezes usually happen when the console tries to read from disc and fails, and the long loading times seems to be part of the same problem: the laser disc is not reading the disc properly... you can check installing the game into the 360

The only bug I encountered (360 version) was when an item drop (from an enemy) didn't have an "activation" button when I got on/near it.

I've had that happen quite a few times. Looks like dropped items can get below decoration, but you cannot interact with stuff under it yourself :(.

And yeah, textureloading doesn't take that long, but it's quite noticable when leaving the PC/weapon locker, costumizing Thorton or when in browsing the shop.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Environment textures and armor textures took longer to load in Mass Effect 1. It's apparent in the very first level, too, so you don't even have to play far to see just how bad it is.

Also, during dialogue scenes in Mass Effect 1, the facial and armor textures load in very slowly.

In Alpha Protocol, it's about 3 seconds to load in textures, but it's between 6-15 seconds (depending on the scene and such) in Mass Effect 1 on Xbox 360.

Also, most newer games haven't fixed this. It's just an issue with the UE3. Mass Effect 2 and Gears of War 2 still had texture pop-in. Granted, it was reduced to 2 seconds max when loading textures in, it was still there to some extent. And these are AAA releases.

Edited by Libertarian

In Alpha Protocol, it's about 3 seconds to load in textures, but it's between 6-15 seconds (depending on the scene and such) in Mass Effect 1 on Xbox 360.

Also, most newer games haven't fixed this. It's just an issue with the UE3. Mass Effect 2 and Gears of War 2 still had texture pop-in. Granted, it was reduced to 2 seconds max when loading textures in, it was still there to some extent. And these are AAA releases.

This also begs the question - how come Epic hasn't pounced the texture-popping and loading issues out of any newer versions of UE3 they license off to others? :)

Edited by MysterD