I just finished my first playthrough and... there weren't any bugs. I heard there was bugs. Where they at? Does anyone have a list of the supposed bugs?

I played through with maybe one or two bugs, which were minor annoyances at worst.

I fail to see how the game is a "buggy mess" as some are making it out to be.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I just finished my first playthrough and... there weren't any bugs. I heard there was bugs. Where they at? Does anyone have a list of the supposed bugs?

I played through with maybe one or two bugs, which were minor annoyances at worst.

I fail to see how the game is a "buggy mess" as some are making it out to be.

What were the problems? I found nothing. The game ****ing awesome.

Does whatever a spider can.

As with every game some people encounter bugs, some people don't (lucky fellows!) and some people can't even start the game.

So, if you didn't encounter bugs, I'm happy for you, hope you enjoyed the experience. :lol:

I really did enjoy it. This is one of my favorite games now.

Does whatever a spider can.

*Mouse movement lags the game.

*Glitchy/jerky mouse when using sniper/turret.

*Loading checkpoint makes enemies disapear.

*Randomly dialogue does not play properly.

*Falling through level and into skybox when doping from ledge.

*The Cheteau mission in Rome not progressing as it should, and stopping any game progress.

*Numerous activation and DRM issues.

*Timers, dialogue text, models and textures not appearing correctly.

*Massive lag when purchasing from Clearinghouse.

*Skills either not working or not working as intended.

*Vital NPC not starting dialogue sequence.

These are the ones I can remember at the moment.

*Mouse movement lags the game.

*Glitchy/jerky mouse when using sniper/turret.

*Loading checkpoint makes enemies disapear.

*Randomly dialogue does not play properly.

*Falling through level and into skybox when doping from ledge.

*The Cheteau mission in Rome not progressing as it should, and stopping any game progress.

*Numerous activation and DRM issues.

*Timers, dialogue text, models and textures not appearing correctly.

*Massive lag when purchasing from Clearinghouse.

*Skills either not working or not working as intended.

*Vital NPC not starting dialogue sequence.

These are the ones I can remember at the moment.

Holy crap! Yeah, sometimes the enemies would disappear, but that hardly ruined the game for me. And the mouse movement lagging the game, but that feels like it goes away after the first few missions. I can't even notice it now. I must have been one of the lucky ones. Either that or ... my copy loves me? Did you get those on the PC version, 360 version or PS3 version? I got it for PC.

Holy crap! Yeah, sometimes the enemies would disappear, but that hardly ruined the game for me.

Unless you have a mission to protect someone, but have no one to protect him from, as enemies didn't load :shifty: And I have to go through the whole mission again.

I only noticed one bug during my first playthrough, that was the "Load last Checkpoint" bug, which is avoidable if you just select the checkpoint you want to load.

Their are more bugs, but none ruin the game apart from the mouse one, which can be fixed with an .ini edit.

~R.I.P. Adam aka "Ild

Two bugs I've found.. managed a workaround for both.

1) Mouse glitching. Fixed with help from tech forum here.. seems a wide spread problem on PC version.

2) Reloading checkpoint. Often the game reloads with NO enemies on the map... making advancing further impossible (can't complete objectives often.. or you lose experience for not being able to kill / sneak past them).

This is resolved by quitting directly to menu and reloading checkpoints straight from the menu, rather than reloading a checkpoint while you're doing a mission.

Oh... and I guess a 3rd one.. small one, but annoying during heated fights.... not all walls or flat surfaces can be used to take cover... it's often a pure guess which wall will let you lean against it and which won't... many a time I got screwed over when I wanted to take cover by a wall next to a doorway.. yet for some inexplicable reason, it won't let you.. even though there's some 5-6 feet of open empty space for Thorton to fit... it's like the programmers forgot to code "Let player take cover here" on all the walls or something.

After having come from MAss Effect 2, where you could literally take cover against virtually any and all objects, it was rather jarring and still is at times.. especially during a tense battle where my character is badly hurt and needs a breather.

You mentioned the same bug three times Paraclete.

The "Reload Last Checkpoint" bug does not update the level progress correctly, be it enemy locations and or objectives. It can be avoided buy selecting your last save instead, which wipes any progress made up to that checkpoint.

AI bugged, how so? Do you mean it is affected by a bug, or just not intelligent as you would like?

~R.I.P. Adam aka "Ild

The "Reload Last Checkpoint" bug does not update the level progress correctly, be it enemy locations and or objectives. It can be avoided buy selecting your last save instead, which wipes any progress made up to that checkpoint.

AI bugged, how so? Do you mean it is affected by a bug, or just not intelligent as you would like?

Shooting through walls/floors, seeing me through solid objects; stuff like that.

I've been getting more and more bugs the further I get into the game :thumbsup:

I got the 360 version. I'm on my second playthrough, and I haven't seent any of these.

I agree, but the big difference is that all the bugs the OP's are talking about are in the PC version. The Xbox version is almost bug free and plays more smoothly than the PC version.

You can compare in the tech forums and see how many posts are for the PC and for the consoles, so far in Xbox there are about 4 meanwhile for the PC there are about 74...

If the AI just stand there not doing anything some of the time, thats a bug. If they just stand there EVERY time, thats just the AI being made stupid. In this case, its bug.

As for the see through wall and solid objects, well that's just an AI made lazily without much effort into it.

Edited by Shinaju

Never had the AI see through walls, but they have heard me run around and came after me. Also never experienced any enemies standing still still doing nothing. Either it is not a common bug, or I have been lucky with my 2 1/4 playthroughs.

~R.I.P. Adam aka "Ild

I once had a room full of guards who were completely unaware of me fistfighting the guard infront of them, but that was only once in several many hours. Seems pretty rare.

Spoilerific location:

The NSB mission in tapei. In the room where you wipe Heck's data. They just stood there not responding to me running in and beating people up, making it an easy knockdown of all...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Laughed at this one: guard took cover on pillar next to a explosive barrel. Blew the barrel the guy was blown off and suddenly he floated back to his cover position, unharmed. Can't fight those odds. :thumbsup:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The AI is pretty solid from what I've seen, given the type of skills and gadgets at your disposal. I don't think I've seen many games with AI that actually recognizes a comrade's fallen body. The biggest issues arise from the fact that the enemy AI doesn't key into their comrade's pitiful cries of getting pummeled, subdued or taken out silently. They do however response for cries of help and gunshots from their fellow comrades, which is refreshing.. which also makes tranqs to the face more crucial. Also their range of sight is pathetic even with non-stealth equipment on. Not to mention they literally have horse blinders on that keep them from noticing someone coming upto them from the side. But then again, this might all be different on hard mode.

The other revolves around the stealth skills, such as shadow operative and evasive. With shadow operative you can literally sneak/walk around a room and subdue all the guards/enemies in sight of each other and they won't do a thing. The same goes with evasive. Whats really hilarious about this is that in certain circumstances you can literally throat-jab a train of unsuspecting (or stupid depending on your view) enemies as they come to investigate why their comrade has fallen down! So maybe including any sort of action will negate shadow operative would make it more sensible, since its about hiding and sleuthing about and not ninja assassin style stuff.

I suppose this might be asking much, but wouldn't it make sense if the stealth suit had.. you know, octocamo or something? Just a simple graphical enhancement, like making your suit translucent or something.. kinda like when your evade turrets skill goes off, or a permanent looking shadow op (without the OP benefit). Helmet included/optional! ;)

Edited by unskilled-