Maybe a bug maybe not so posting here.

okay i don't know if this is supposed to be like this or not, but why playing my first time through as free lance i was able to do damage fine. Im playing my 2nd time as recruit i notice i do barely any damage at all head shots do not kill but take away a sliver of HP when i fight in melee all attacks are blocked by the enemy and if im hit in melee once i die in one hit. I thought this may be a bug so i switched back to my free lance toon damage and everything is fine on him but my recruit does no damage has no timers when it comes to any of the hacking or lock picking or alarm removing and does only a sliver worth of damage no matter what i use or where i hit and i cant fight in melee and die in one hit. Any idea why?

Edited by snipehack

Alpha Protocol is an RPG. As such, it uses Mike's stats to determine whether you hit the target, and how much damage you do. Because you are a recruit, you will start with zero skill points, so you will be doing less damage and hitting the target less often.

Same deal with timers - did you put points into sabotage in your first character? If so, his skills will have increased the timer.

The tradeoff is that later in the game, as you put in more skill points, you will start doing a *lot* of damage and putting people down with a single headshot.

Yea i figured as much, its just that im trained in pistols and sab as well as melee. I think its a bug or something because i get a full on zoom pistol shot to the head and i do a liver of DMG an ammount that barely even shows on the bar. They turn around and blast me or run up and hit me with full HP and armor and kill me in one hit. I dont know maybe i should just reroll a free lance op LOL.

Oh, so you have levelled up already? Are you able to do critical hits (stay focusd on them a little, red dots zoom pinpoint)? At least they should be knocking down an enemy in 2 or 3 hits, even at a low level.

What difficulty?

normal and yeah im levled up, im just not doing any DMG i think my game may be screwy as well. Because i re rolld and its doing the same but this time hacking panles at the star tare showing 12 nodes and pc hacking has 4 solid numbers/letters and lockpicking has 6 pins instead of the three when you start so im thinking something in the INI has been damaged. but i dont feel like reinstalling the game just to replace the INI files LOL.